Metalingus drum sheet music

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Metalingus drum sheet music

Post by nickgordon »

I had found some sheet music from metalingus that i think was included in a magazine interview with flip a few years ago. Does anybody still have the sheet music? I cant seem to find it online anymore.

HappyHogJens
White Knuckled

Re: Metalingus drum sheet music

Post by HappyHogJens »

It's easier to play than you might think, bro. I'm sure you don't need the sheet music (Unless you're just trying to obtain the sheet music as a fan item)

But hey nice to finally meet a fellow drummer here on TABN !

flipfan4lyfe
Brand New Start

Post by flipfan4lyfe »

Yeah its definitely a lot easier than it sounds...but id still love to have it just as a collector item for Flip to sign

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I don't have the exact sheet music you're after, but I do have sheet music for Metalingus somewhere on my computer. I got it from http://www.onlinedrummer.com, I tried to find it for you, but didn't have much luck!

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

Thanks guys. There was one part i couldnt hear right but i got it now. It was the cymbal/ snare pattern at the end of the first chorus. I didnt think there were any other drummers here for a second!

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

While Metalingus has a great drum sound, I think Ties That Bind is my fave for drums even though they both have sort of a similar intro based around the toms.

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

I honestly have been playing drums for many years, and alter bridge has been my favorite band for many years, yet ive never learned an alter bridge song. I dont know what ive been waiting for.

flipfan4lyfe
Brand New Start

Post by flipfan4lyfe »

nickgordon wrote:I honestly have been playing drums for many years, and alter bridge has been my favorite band for many years, yet ive never learned an alter bridge song. I dont know what ive been waiting for.
Once you start learning Flip's stuff you'll start using it on everything! Pretty addicting

HappyHogJens
White Knuckled

Post by HappyHogJens »

Yeah I've discovered that I'm starting to use use some of Flips stuff myself.. It's addicting indeed.

Only downfall of Flip's drumming in my opinion is the fact that half of the songs he ever recorded are based on the same groove..

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

Well heres the video
http://youtu.be/Ols2fgzYgGI

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

nickgordon wrote:Well heres the video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ols2fgzYgGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Video embedding is kinda picky here unless you use the embed tool. Hopefully this works.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Ols2fgzYgGI[/youtube]
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

HappyHogJens
White Knuckled

Post by HappyHogJens »

What crash is the second crash from the right? The one you're using as a crashride. Sounds sweet!

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

HappyHogJens wrote:What crash is the second crash from the right? The one you're using as a crashride. Sounds sweet!
Its a zildjian z3 18 inch medium crash. I got it to replace a z custom of the same size. I actually liked the z custom a little better. It had a little more body to it.

flipfan4lyfe
Brand New Start

Post by flipfan4lyfe »

HappyHogJens wrote:Yeah I've discovered that I'm starting to use use some of Flips stuff myself.. It's addicting indeed.

Only downfall of Flip's drumming in my opinion is the fact that half of the songs he ever recorded are based on the same groove..
yeah basically all of Human Clay...but his playing has come leaps and bounds since then!