good effects pedal for...

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

good effects pedal for...

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Thought id make a new thread so it getd read. I just tried my old korg ax100g pedal with my mesa mini rec only I by passed the amp models on the pedal because I already love the sound of the amp only I want reverb and delay for lead so I had a play around and it totally changed the sound of the amp the delay was horrid without an amp model used so my question is anyone know a good cheap pedal which you can bypass the amp model and has good reverb and delay? All I want is reverb and delay for lead with the press of a Footswitch and turn it off when im playing rhythm. Please help im at my whits end. I dont want loads of pedals its annoying. Thanks

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Re: good effects pedal for...

Post by itaughttremonti »

Not sure man...you've got a good solid amp being fed by a less than ideal digital pedal. Do you like the tone of your amp or do rely on your pedal for a good bit of your tone? If you like just the tone (and I don't see why you wouldn't), I would just get a good reverb pedal and a good delay. An electro-harmonix memory boy and a holy grail reverb can be had for about $100 each and would sound infinitely better than any digital modeler, especially if you are just bypassing the pedal amp sounds anyways.

I know you said you don't want a load of pedals, but like I said...if you dig the amps tone, then having 2 pedals isn't that bad considering you already have one.

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by itaughttremonti »

Also, Fractal Axe FX ii....everything you could ever need...if you dont mind dropping the cash on it.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Thanks man your probably right. Ill look into the axe fx. Does it come with a pedal?

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Every demo on ebay for the memory boy is on a clean channel whats it like with distortion ?

rireland
Bought The CDs

Post by rireland »

Have you got your pedal in the right place? If you're just using delay it should be in the effects loop

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Ive ran pedals in the fx loop in the back and it turns the amp into a horrible low volume sound. Could you explain where to put the pedals lol. I use a mesa flux drive. Reverb pedal and tremonti wah. Got a noise gate to but hasn't helped atall

rireland
Bought The CDs

Post by rireland »

Make sure your effects loop volume is set correctly, otherwise it could be a bad tube
Things like wah, drive, chorus, go before the amp. Things like delay and EQ go in the effects loop.
The noise gate depends. Personally I have an ISP Decimator Pro-Rack G which is actually two noise gates, one before the amp + one in the effects loop

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

There is no fx loop volume on my amp dude

rireland
Bought The CDs

Post by rireland »

Bob_BleedItDry wrote:There is no fx loop volume on my amp dude
Ah that sucks, it's probably a bad tube then
Check page 21, the V5 valve