My rig? an iPad.

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Dayviewer
Isolated

My rig? an iPad.

Post by Dayviewer »

Yes:
https://soundcloud.com/dayviewer/positi ... -jamup-pro
Tone is from the Positive Grid's Bias and Jamup Pro apps, I highly recommend checking them out, they are insanely good and a lot of profesional musicians use them as well for quick recordings.
You can build your own amps or get one of the pre-made ones (usually based on exisiting ones), and get a complete pedal chain in front of it, and it will sound really, REALLY close to the real thing.
Formerly known as Benjami

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: My rig? an iPad.

Post by Andy92 »

I need to check these apps out. I know I talked to ya a little on Facebook, but that's about the best quality I've heard using an iPad setup.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That sounds pretty good. Definitely going to check this out!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Thanks guys! you really should ;) it's amazing, lot's pro musicians have been using it as well.
Just look the Apps up on youtube and there are tons of vids showing the thing off it's amazing.

Here's another recording I just did, which has a lot more to it, also recorded on my 8 string!
https://soundcloud.com/dayviewer/positi ... amup-pro-8
Also another sneek peak to my album by the way :D

HellRazor1281
TABN.com Citizen

Post by HellRazor1281 »

Awesome sound! I have Jamup Pro and the iRig for my iPhone, Fully intend to get an iPad within the next month or so, for just this reason. What were the settings you used for that sound? It's tasty!

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Sorry for the late reply but thanks! and yea getting an iPad would definitely make things easier for this ;)
I will share all the presets on it as soon as the album is out with the final tones, still tweaking them every few weeks!
Here's two new recordings with my latest tones:
https://soundcloud.com/dayviewer/in-con ... ack-2-test
https://soundcloud.com/dayviewer/in-con ... ack-6-test

Also includes my new Fender bass which is a total beast :D

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Nice man. Could you do some isolated samples of just the guitar and then the bass? It sounds like it has good clarity.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/4sdaKuN8XLA[/youtube]

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Crumbso wrote:Nice man. Could you do some isolated samples of just the guitar and then the bass? It sounds like it has good clarity.
Got one from guitars here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggn5duj38jgv7e4/Guitars.mp3
And yea if you get the right tone you can get a really clear tone that cut's right through the mix, you can do anything with these 2 apps :D

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Nice dude :D You've got some super djenty stuff going on there. Do I detect a tubescreamer and very aggressive noise gate?

I mean to say. Love the stuff you're coming up with at the moment. Very complex riffs.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

What apps have you been using for recording/mixing the audio? I saw where Jamup has an 8 track recorder you can get, but I know there's other options. And I thought I'd ask if you were tracking your drums using an app or recording them through something else?

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Crumbso wrote:Nice dude :D You've got some super djenty stuff going on there. Do I detect a tubescreamer and very aggressive noise gate?

I mean to say. Love the stuff you're coming up with at the moment. Very complex riffs.
Thanks! Yea for the tone I'm definitely looking at the djent side of things :D those tones just cut through the mix nicely, crystal clear regarding chords, and just tight :D
Yea I got a tubescreamer in there and the noisegate as well, though that really needs to be agressive because of the signal noise I get otherwise :lol

Andy92 wrote:What apps have you been using for recording/mixing the audio? I saw where Jamup has an 8 track recorder you can get, but I know there's other options. And I thought I'd ask if you were tracking your drums using an app or recording them through something else?
I record the guitars by taking the iPad signal right into my line-in of my laptop, what you hear in the guitar mp3 i posted for Crumbso is the unprocessed signals from that for 2 guitars panned left and right :D
Recorded the bass with Jamup as well.
I use Reaper to record everything on my laptop and I wrote drums in Guitar Pro which I load up into Superior Drummer 2.0. (all laptop) so the only thing where my iPad comes in is for my guitar and bass tones.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Gotcha, cool stuff man.

HellRazor1281
TABN.com Citizen

Post by HellRazor1281 »

yeah I really want to get a Periphery/Tremonti style sound out of Bias, need to tool around with it more and get a good external speaker for my iPhone. No iPad yet. Can you export the guitar sound to be used in recording programs like Studio One or Pro Tools?

Also, any other bands in the djent sub-genre I should be listening to?

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Just get a tube screamer, noise gate, and compressor in front of the amp in Jamup and you can come a far way haha :D yea you can take a cable from the iPod into the line in of your pc easily that's how I do it, theres no way of using patches though.

Oh, enough bands haha! start checking out Intervals, Tesseract, Circles, and Monuments ;)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Another option is to grab an interface with a line out like the Line6 Sonic Port.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

THANK YOU for recommending this app. After a little research on youtube, i was sold. The two apps together sound phenomenal. I'll add more about my experiences after a while of playing around with it more.
Thanks Timo!