Amps & Other Guitar Gear

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Amps & Other Guitar Gear

Post by Crumbso »

mitch103 wrote:Got this back in the spring. It's the tremonti baritone hybrid model. Enjoying it so far!

You bastid! That is one hell of a guitar. That neck is something else.

Funny how it's called a baritone when it's the same scale length as a standard strat :lol

Bet it sounds the nuts though.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Is anyone interested in buying a very lightly used Tremonti Wah pedal? I have one collecting dust, bought it back around 2009-10ish, used maybe a handful of times before I realize I have no business playing lead. :lol There is a small defect, the battery connector somehow snapped off, but I found that wrapping the exposed wire around the battery posts works just as well - or using a power supply (which I don't have). $75? If anyone's interested, let me know!

Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

https://www.themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/ ... -amplifier

The amp and the new Tremonti standard se

Guitar center has the head listed as $649 and the cab at $389

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Jhenrid wrote:https://www.themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/ ... -amplifier

The amp and the new Tremonti standard se

Guitar center has the head listed as $649 and the cab at $389
Gonna be on the lookout for some sample soundclips/videos of the amp...it's a great price point when companies like Mesa are selling lunch box amps for $1,000.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

With NAMM in a couple of days hopefully we'll get some audio.. just spoke with my Sweetwater rep and got it preordered. Can't wait for April!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

mitch103 wrote:With NAMM in a couple of days hopefully we'll get some audio.. just spoke with my Sweetwater rep and got it preordered. Can't wait for April!
I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on the pre-order before hearing a demo. But my patience is being tested lol.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

It'll probably be some middle ground between the Archon and a Triple Rec, with a nice Twin-like chimey clean. Thats solely based on Mark's amp history. but yeah, this thing seems like it'll be pretty awesome. I just need to decide whether or not to get this or an Ax8 now.. :headscratch
Thanks Timo!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

That little amp rips. Mark could play through a potato though and make it sound good lol.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Broke down and pre-ordered the amp. You guys are gonna be blown away, this little thing is a MONSTER
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

I wonder if he'll use it live, being only 15 watts..
Edit: even if it's true that it's about as loud as a 50 watt, because he uses 150 watts normally in the rectos

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

He's already said in a couple interviews that he wants to make a 100 watt version, so he can take it out on the road and use it live. I imagine Paul won't be against that idea, since it would probably sell pretty well. This also means eventually we might have Mark using a real clean tone live once its done :yes

Need an in depth review when you get it Hartie!
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Here's the thing with using amps live. If you're at a huge venue with a PA system, you're just putting a mic in front of the speaker cabinet and amplifying that signal through the PA system. The main thing higher wattage will give you is headroom (clean channel stays clean at high volumes rather than distorting to a crunchy clean).

With that being said, Mark probably would prefer a 100 W version in a live rig. I was surprised to hear he actually used the PRS prototype of the MT15 while recording The Last Hero instead of using his usual gauntlet of amplifiers. Pretty impressive little amp.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Ahh yeah I just watched a total guitar interview where he said the next step is going to a 100 watt version. He said playing it through a 4x12 at home shakes the walls ans gives him concerns about his neighbors making complaints haha, so just imagine what the 100 watt would do.. mathematically speaking, if 15 watts sounds like 50, a 100 watt would sound like 300 watts :lol

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Contrary to my previous statement, 15 watts is juuuuuusttt a little small. I've been gigging with 20 watts Marshall Silver Jubilee and whilst the volume is definitely there, it starts to lose a little definition as it gets hot. 100 watts is insane, I bought a 100 watt Mesa Stiletto recently and the thing is just stupidly overpowered and big.

I like 50 watts or so. If there was an MT50 or even an MT30 I'd be right in there.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Depends on what the amp is designed to do too. If the clean channel breaks up with high volume, it's hard to get a true clean tone with a small wattage amp. The MT15 seems designed to stay clean all the way through (it probably saturates a little bit at the top end but I haven't played it yet).

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

With my Marshall it's more the distortion tones that suffer (I like some breakup on the clean so it's no bother for me). After a while that nice 'front of the note' twang or response just gets mushy and starts to disappear. I'd certainly love to try an MT15 and might even buy one but I'm sceptical that it could overcome the same issue the Marshall has. I'm sure it's a fantastic practice and rehearsal amp too.
Last edited by Crumbso on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I muffed up. Quoted myself instead of editiing ---- please remove ---

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

More in-depth demo of the MT15 from Sweewater
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Just got this amp and cab in today. Think I might like it better than my dual recto so far. :headbang