Guitars

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Guitars

Post by Dolo »

I've got:

PRS Tremonti SE, with custom pickup switcher and knobs:

T. Burton Riverside, cost about 135$ but it's a very decent acoustic guitar as far as you only play at home or on camping, cause definately it's not a guitar to use in the studio:
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

steve987
Bought The CDs

Post by steve987 »

My main 'goto' Guitar:
2004 PRS Santana SE, picked it up for £350 second hand at a guitar shop in Manchester, thinking about a pickup replacement, not sure what pickups to put in though. Mostly stock as far as I know. (so far;D)

My other electric:
Ibanez RG370DX great guitar for metal, keep it in drop B (hard to adjust because of Floyd,) don't use alot if I'm honest.

Others:
Yamaha RBX 270J Bass, (infront of my AB tour poster;D) Had it for a few years, great Bass.
And a Tanglewood acoustic i was given, don't know alot about it to be honest, other than it is a great acoustic :)
"Cause the Sun always sets, The moon always falls, It feels like the end, Just pay no mind at all, Keep rolling, rolling, Life must go on."

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I've got a White PRS Tremonti SE with SC245 nickel pickups in. It's HOT.

Got some other shit to make it loud too

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

Not many basses here :(

My own little baby: Ibanez RD 300
Last edited by Rosenblaetter on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

steve987
Bought The CDs

Post by steve987 »

:rockon Lots of Tremonti SE's here, would probably have one myself if I didn't get my Santana SE for such a good deal
"Cause the Sun always sets, The moon always falls, It feels like the end, Just pay no mind at all, Keep rolling, rolling, Life must go on."

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

^^ I bet the Santana sounds awesome too! If mine weren't autographed and so sentimental to me, I'd probably not be opposed to trading it around and trying out some other SE styles.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

steve987
Bought The CDs

Post by steve987 »

TenaciousBe wrote:^^ I bet the Santana sounds awesome too! If mine weren't autographed and so sentimental to me,.
Nice!
But yeah the Santana does sound great, gonna change the pickups soon though, as they're (suprisingly) still stock, then it will really scream :D

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

Main Stage Guitar for Drop C tuning: Dean Deceiver X

For Drop D: Epiphone Special II (signed by Theory of a Deadman and Halestorm)

For Standard Tuning and ballads: Fender Stratocaster Mexico

Also in my arsenal: Yamaha acoustic (steel string), Levine acoustic (classical) and a Kanok electric bass (sunburst; cheap mailorder bass but it does its job)
Please give them a like :)

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Hey, I used to have that Epi Special II as well, just in a yellow sunburst color. Sold it off earlier this year, kinda regretting it now, but it wasn't really my favorite guitar either... I'm itching for another electric as I haven't replaced it yet. lol
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: but you know me... no you dont.

Post by zazthespaz »

steve987 wrote:
TenaciousBe wrote:^^ I bet the Santana sounds awesome too! If mine weren't autographed and so sentimental to me,.
Nice!
But yeah the Santana does sound great, gonna change the pickups soon though, as they're (suprisingly) still stock, then it will really scream :D
my dad just got one last year, i'm not too big a fan of it. too high end for me personally and doesn't translate well into some of the heavier stuff i might play, but that's just my personal preference. it's a great guitar, more fun to play compared to my ibanez's for some songs
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says