Let's get started: TABN.com Community Album Volume 2

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Dayviewer
Isolated

Re: Let's get started: TABN.com Community Album Volume 2

Post by Dayviewer »

TenaciousBe wrote: Actually, I've always wanted to hear a soft piano / acoustic driven version of Isolation. Seems to me the lyrics fit a dark "Snuff" style song than fast hard rock.
Is it me or was my post overlooked:
Dayviewer wrote:Came up with an idea for Isolation acoustic :lol , recorded it real quick here it is:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25834271/acous ... 20idea.mp3
If anybody wants to do vocals on this i'll start arranging this thing fully with drums and bass added as well :lol
Or is the recording really that bad? :lol
Formerly known as Benjami

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I really want to be involved somehow... I'm just not sure how much time I'll have. I would love to contribute an original but if anything I could record some drums/bass if anyone needs it.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

@Jared, we may need a drummer. I asked a friend of mine, but he isn't sure if he has the gear to record with.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Drivenunder4
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Drivenunder4 »

I'm in for Vocals and Guitar. May could finish a solo song as well but I'm at least down for a Collab! :rockon

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Jared, if I can get a couple people together for a song, was hoping to get you on drums as well :)
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

I may need drums as well if you have time Jared. Just let me know.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Looks like you're booked Jared lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

steve987
Bought The CDs

Post by steve987 »

I'm up for Rhythm Guitars, and not too tricky Lead Guitars, and maybe bass in a collab with anyone?
"Cause the Sun always sets, The moon always falls, It feels like the end, Just pay no mind at all, Keep rolling, rolling, Life must go on."

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I hope I can come through drum wise guys... the only problem I have is that the studio I work for is usually booked. The good news is I work for my Dad so hopefully he'll throw me a bone lol I'll do my best.

Alasdair
Brand New Start

Post by Alasdair »

Is anyone keen to learn a drum track i've written (a fair bit of fast double kick and a few off-time hits) and be able to record in good quality for the song I'm working on?

Alasdair
Brand New Start

Post by Alasdair »

I can get my drummer record in our basement studio if need be- but it's disassembled at the moment because we're recording our first album offsite and I wouldn't be able to sort it out for ages. Plus, I'd like to use someone from here :)

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

JaredWard wrote:I hope I can come through drum wise guys... the only problem I have is that the studio I work for is usually booked. The good news is I work for my Dad so hopefully he'll throw me a bone lol I'll do my best.
The whole community is counting on you. Our nation's future literally depends on you alone.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Hey I see the question mark by my name on the first so I'll let you know you can put me down for guitar/vocals. The only question right now is whether I'll be submitting a solo, Dublin Vinyl or Brite-VU song. Depends on when things start coming together for this. I'll keep an eye out.

steve987
Bought The CDs

Post by steve987 »

abw1987 wrote:
JaredWard wrote:I hope I can come through drum wise guys... the only problem I have is that the studio I work for is usually booked. The good news is I work for my Dad so hopefully he'll throw me a bone lol I'll do my best.
The whole community is counting on you. Our nation's future literally depends on you alone.
No pressure eh? ;)
"Cause the Sun always sets, The moon always falls, It feels like the end, Just pay no mind at all, Keep rolling, rolling, Life must go on."

Keijzer23
Brand New Start

Post by Keijzer23 »

I'm willing to participate if you guys are going to do a cover album.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Updated the list of people participating, I'll also submit 2 demos in the coming weeks for anyone who'd like to do vocals on those tracks

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Just to clarify, I'll be singing, playing guitar, and using drum and bass VSTs for my own original tracks which I'll be producing.

Also, Benjami, if I have the time (depending on when this starts) I wouldn't mind doing vocals on one of your tracks. Hell if you wanna bust out Take a Look at Yesterday again we can actually make that sound a lot better, haha. Always regretted that we never found more time to work on that stuff. So busy with school.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

My wah pedal broke. Sad Thrav. Time to improvise.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Jaded Rescue wrote:Just to clarify, I'll be singing, playing guitar, and using drum and bass VSTs for my own original tracks which I'll be producing.

Also, Benjami, if I have the time (depending on when this starts) I wouldn't mind doing vocals on one of your tracks. Hell if you wanna bust out Take a Look at Yesterday again we can actually make that sound a lot better, haha. Always regretted that we never found more time to work on that stuff. So busy with school.
Got it ;)

Yea i think your voice would fit those tracks pretty well would definatly be cool if you would lay down some stuff man :cheers
Ah yeah that song was pretty cool haha, i'm actually kind of re-writing it for an EP for next year, might contact you if that gets close to completion for if you want to record some vocals for that as well ;)

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Dayviewer wrote: Yea i think your voice would fit those tracks pretty well would definatly be cool if you would lay down some stuff man :cheers
Ah yeah that song was pretty cool haha, i'm actually kind of re-writing it for an EP for next year, might contact you if that gets close to completion for if you want to record some vocals for that as well ;)
Hell yeah dude, I still have the old mp3 we laid down so I remember all the lyrics. Haha.