What's the last song you learned?

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: What's the last song you learned?

Post by TenaciousBe »

Discovered that it's a terribly easy song, but Nutshell by Alice in Chains. Been looking for good simple acoustic songs to pad my live show repertoire, as I've finally begun getting out to play some acoustic gigs over the last couple months. Good ol' 4 chords.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

I actually just learned New Way Out by Tremonti. One of my all time favorite songs.

I love the intro.

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

I have learned 4 songs today but the other two was plain easy (Green Day's Basket Case and Blink 182's All The Small Things). The other two songs (Franco's To Survive and Moonset) was not that hard to learn, it has just more parts than the other earlier two mentioned. I'm not into punk rock but I had to learn this for a friend of mine who got me into his band. He said I'm very skilled but I really think Green Day songs are easy to learn and/or I just really get used to AB type of songs :lol

TenaciousBe wrote:Discovered that it's a terribly easy song, but Nutshell by Alice in Chains. Been looking for good simple acoustic songs to pad my live show repertoire, as I've finally begun getting out to play some acoustic gigs over the last couple months. Good ol' 4 chords.
I think of Chris Cornell's acoustic songs are nice. Or his acoustic rendition of the songs. I really like his Songbook record. :)

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

A Thousand Faces by Creed. Started yesterday and I learned everything except the ending solo, which I'm about halfway done with. Song's not that hard and pretty fun to play
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

AHart96 wrote:A Thousand Faces by Creed. Started yesterday and I learned everything except the ending solo, which I'm about halfway done with. Song's not that hard and pretty fun to play
It's tuned down a whole and a half step, right? I learned this like a year ago but I don't have another guitar for lower tunings, so I stopped playing it. I have two guitars, one in standard tuning and the other in Eb.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

DivCruz wrote:
AHart96 wrote:A Thousand Faces by Creed. Started yesterday and I learned everything except the ending solo, which I'm about halfway done with. Song's not that hard and pretty fun to play
It's tuned down a whole and a half step, right? I learned this like a year ago but I don't have another guitar for lower tunings, so I stopped playing it. I have two guitars, one in standard tuning and the other in Eb.
Yeah, it's a whole step and a half down from drop D, so it would be: B F# B E G# C#. I only have one guitar, so I kinda have to go to different tunings when I'm learning songs. I know it's not good for the guitar, but I dont have much choice. I'm getting the Tremonti SE in December, and I'm never changing the tuning on that. Gonna keep it in half step down and Drop-Db.
Rock Never Dies

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

AHart96 wrote:
DivCruz wrote:
Yeah, it's a whole step and a half down from drop D, so it would be: B F# B E G# C#. I only have one guitar, so I kinda have to go to different tunings when I'm learning songs. I know it's not good for the guitar, but I dont have much choice. I'm getting the Tremonti SE in December, and I'm never changing the tuning on that. Gonna keep it in half step down and Drop-Db.
Yeahh it's very unhealthy to frequently change tunings. I did that, too, way back when I was just starting out. Now I have two guitars so that helped in learning different songs. And I don't have to change the tuning if I just feel like playing a song in standard or flat tuning.
Right now, I'm congratulating you for the Tremonti SE :lol I'm saving for a McCarty though haha.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

DivCruz wrote:
AHart96 wrote:
DivCruz wrote:
Yeahh it's very unhealthy to frequently change tunings. I did that, too, way back when I was just starting out. Now I have two guitars so that helped in learning different songs. And I don't have to change the tuning if I just feel like playing a song in standard or flat tuning.
Right now, I'm congratulating you for the Tremonti SE :lol I'm saving for a McCarty though haha.
When I get the Tremonti I'm gonna have to choose which tuning I wanna keep the other guitar in, because I need a backup and I want that to stay in decent shape. And thanks, I've been wanting the Tremonti for the past 2 years now, and I've almost saved enough to finally get it. Good luck with the McCarty, its a beautiful guitar as well
Rock Never Dies

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

AHart96 wrote:
DivCruz wrote:
AHart96 wrote:
DivCruz wrote:
When I get the Tremonti I'm gonna have to choose which tuning I wanna keep the other guitar in, because I need a backup and I want that to stay in decent shape. And thanks, I've been wanting the Tremonti for the past 2 years now, and I've almost saved enough to finally get it. Good luck with the McCarty, its a beautiful guitar as well
Isn't it a pain in the ass when you're in some tuning then you suddenly wanted to play a song that's in another tuning, so you have to re-tune the guitar (and would probably take some time) just to play. :lol

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

The clean part of August Burns Red - Provision. I need moar speedz for the rest of the song haha!

kadude
Brand New Start

Post by kadude »

Retuning a guitar with a trem is a pain so deep up my ass i can feel it in my throat, I just stopped doing it.

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

Drums for Requiem by lamb of god and hero by foo fighters

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

Plush - STP (on bass)
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Mark's Blackbird solo. Just need to get that speed picking part at the end up to speed and then I'm done
Rock Never Dies

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Alter Bridge's All Ends Well. It's really fun to play especially if accompanied with singing.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

There are a couple of songs I really want to keep tackling acoustically (She Talks To Angels and Watch Over You), but don't because they're in odd tunings that I wouldn't really use elsewhere. Then again, I do have an extra junky electric I'm not really using at the moment...
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

Distorted Guitars of Lover - Alter Bridge.

Too easy to be honest in terms of chords, but when it comes to timing discipline its tricky.

I use my Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded with Di Marzio Air Zone/Gibson Burstbucker #2 on that song. Might tune my SE Tremonti Custom to Drop C# and see what the Di Marzio Crunch Lab sounds on that song.

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

I just learned The Mayfield Four's Always from the Fallout record. And One And The Same by Audioslave.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Finishing up the Come to Life solo. Just gotta get that last speed picking ascending rub up to speed and I'm done. Then gonna learn the rest of the song, minus the intro and verse rifffs, already know them
Rock Never Dies

Decay

Post by Decay »

Porcupine Tree's 'Arriving Somewhere, But Not Here' on air-guitar and air-drums :D