Amps & Other Guitar Gear

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Amps & Other Guitar Gear

Postby Andy92 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:45 am

I always thought the Series One seemed like a nice amp. Never had the chance to try one of those in person.

Crumbso
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby Crumbso » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:01 am

It's very nice has a good range of sounds, it absolutely requires a boost through the front to do proper metal though. The 45 only has 4 channels (Bright Clean, Warm Clean, Crunch, Super Crunch) where as the more powerful heads also have extra OD1 & OD2 channels with more gain on tap.

I keep it because it can output an enormous amount of low end (the EQ is very powerful) and it's a good counterpoint to the 1x12 Rectoverb combo that gives me that more cutting top/higher midrange sound.

Bloody heavy though.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Postby Andy92 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:45 pm

Crumbso wrote:Bloody heavy though.

:lol That’s usually in my top 3 questions with music gear. Can my back handle it lol

Crumbso
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby Crumbso » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:04 am

Andy92 wrote:
Crumbso wrote:Bloody heavy though.

:lol That’s usually in my top 3 questions with music gear. Can my back handle it lol

Tell me about it! I've switched to using a trolley to cart them about and other than gigs and rehearsals, they never come out my car anymore.

I wish that PRS would make a MT15 combo. I still wanna try the Archon 25 too. Had plenty of Mesas over the years but never tried a PRS amp.

Return to “Musicians Unite”