The Official BREAKING BENJAMIN Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Merinda
Sig Queen

The Official BREAKING BENJAMIN Thread

Post by Merinda »

Yes, I'm aware they are on hiatus at the moment but that does NOT mean the band is dead and buried.

In the past year I've grown to love this band as much as, if not more, than Alter Bridge. Ben's an incredibly good vocalist, lyricist and musician.

You probably know that Ben fired two members last year for copyright reasons but I think BB will do just fine without them. Ben is a machine and I reallllyyyy hope we get some new material in the next couple of years. Hopefully the time off is doing good things for his health.

Never really browsed the other BB thread on the old board so starting fresh.. what do you think of Breaking Benjamin?

Decay

Re: The Official BREAKING BENJAMIN Thread

Post by Decay »

They're one of my favorite bands, very talented musicians. I completely agree with everything you said.

My all time favorite song by BB is ''Give Me A Sign'' :)

Hopefully Ben gets 2 new members and starts working on the new material ASAP. The last record was pretty darn good. :)

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

I really like these guys actually
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Been a while since I've listened to these guys but my favorite track was always 'Evil Angel'. Hopefully he can get his shit together because these guys were better than a lot of modern rock bands out there.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

PHOBIA is a near-perfect modern rock record. DEAR AGONY was a little disappointing; about a third of it was classic, the rest was just kind of standard Breaking Benjamin (which is perfectly adequate). "Give Me a Sign", "Without You" and the title-track make the whole album worth it, though.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

If you fall, then I will too.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Was a pretty big fan few years ago, now I ocasionally still listen to their early stuff which i still really dig, pretty interested to see what Ben will come up with in the future if he gets it all started again
Formerly known as Benjami

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by itaughttremonti »

Great band...find myself listening to them more than other modern rock bands

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

this band is great. awesome songs to workout too. breathe and until the end are my favorites. diary of janes up there too

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

AB23 wrote:awesome songs to workout to.
Agreed

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I remember hearing So Cold on a tv radio station when I was like 14. The guide glitched up and said the band was 12 Stones. Took me a while to figure out what band it actually was.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

devv88 wrote:PHOBIA is a near-perfect modern rock record. DEAR AGONY was a little disappointing; about a third of it was classic, the rest was just kind of standard Breaking Benjamin (which is perfectly adequate). "Give Me a Sign", "Without You" and the title-track make the whole album worth it, though.
Definitely agree with you when it comes to Phobia. Genius record. I loved all of Dear Agony too. Not a bad song on there IMO. Into The Nothing is one of those songs I just... love.

Absolute favorite song is Blow Me Away. Everything about it I just cannot get enough of. Gets me fired up. FIRE YOUR GUNS IT'S TIME TO RUN! BLOW ME AWAY!!

They put on an amazing live show as well I reckon, sounds not the greatest but from from 2:40 I think their performance and the lights and pyro and all o' that is radtacular.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Mnk0PfjaWRc[/youtube]

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Seeing them live supporting 3 doors down is what got me into them. They wiped the stage with 3dd...

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

It really is a shame what happened to the band though; they had one of the strongest rhythm sections in a contemporary alt-rock band, even if Burnley did all of the songwriting.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

I like all their albums, I just don't know what to think of Ben. Okay, the other guys agreeing to this Blow Me Away remix without his knowledge wasn't nice and all but firing them via email (if it's true) seemed pretty harsh and in recent years it seemed to me like Ben was pretty self-centered.
Please give them a like :)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Was the Blow Me Away remix with the female singer what caused all the fuss with Ben? That version kicks tail lol.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Andy92 wrote:Was the Blow Me Away remix with the female singer what caused all the fuss with Ben? That version kicks tail lol.
Yep. They approved it without consulting him (which was stupid on their parts, but not the end of the world). And he fired them outright without a discussion. I believe he's also suing them.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Dumb. That remix is amazing lol.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

blow me away and i will not bow are two good ones as well. blow me away gets the blood pumping moreso than any of their other songs

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Can't say I like any of their albums. I like several songs, though.

Dear Agony could've been so much better. I just didn't like his singing in it at all.