The Official BREAKING BENJAMIN Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
julio
Isolated

Re: The Official BREAKING BENJAMIN Thread

Post by julio »

So, has Ben cleaned up his act yet ... like kick the drugs and alcohol. Seems to be huge problem with him.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

@Merinda So are they really on hiatus or did they have an actual "break up"? :/ I thought they were done.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

i thought they broke up as well.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Don't worry guys Merinda will make sure they start making music again.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

To be honest.. I really didn't like the newer version of BMA. Didn't like the chicks vocals. I think the original is ten times better.

As far as I know they are not finished. I follow Ben's missus on twitter and I asked her if BB was over and she said no so I suppose that's a pretty solid answer from someone close to him. Fingers crossed. I mean it was only 2009 that Dear Agony was released so I think they don't need to really rush to get another album together, or to line up some new members.

I personally couldn't care less about the 'band'... I've become a Ben Burnley fan. Just Ben. Like Myles and Mark I'll follow his music projects wherever he goes so even if BB is over as long as Ben continues making music I'll be sweet.

Now.. the minute he announces his retirement from the music world.. don't be surprised if your news station starts reporting that New Zealand has detonated.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Well that's good. Chad Szeliga makes the band for me though... the guy is a killer drummer.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Yeah Chad's a great drummer! I used to really like these guys a while ago, but after Dear Agony I started to think that they'd probably already reached their peak with Phobia and it was gonna be downhill from there. Nowadays the whole "post-grunge"/"modern rock" scene is doing nothing for me. Right now, my favorite stuff of theirs is off We Are Not Alone. Solid tunes without a whole bunch of the generic "scars, wounds, lies, fading, breaking, black, inside, healing, falling" stuff that kinda took over on DA.

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by itaughttremonti »

JaredWard wrote:Well that's good. Chad Szeliga makes the band for me though... the guy is a killer drummer.
His drumming makes some of the songs really shine. Very tasteful drummer...

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

off topic but speaking of breaking up... didnt someone make a thread in the last forum that 3 doors down broke up? cuz on the radio it said they were coming to dallas this week...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

3DD had a guitarist leave I think.

QwikSand
TABN.com Citizen

Post by QwikSand »

I love this band too and their songs are all a lot of fun to play in Rock Band. The acoustic versions are really good too. Blow Me Away is great, I like both versions. Hearing that song come on playing Halo 2 was really cool.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

I think with Aaron Finke (did I spell that right) gone, any future Breaking Benjamin/Ben Burnley music will sound significantly different, cuz Finke always came up with these intricate guitar parts to play over riffs and progressions. He was a pretty cool guitarist.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah as much as I like Ben, this band had one of the tightest rhythm sections in modern rock. Wouldn't be the same band without 'em.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Andy92 wrote:Yeah as much as I like Ben, this band had one of the tightest rhythm sections in modern rock. Wouldn't be the same band without 'em.
That's kind of exciting to me. As I've explained and you definitely know Andy, hehe, I love pretty much all of the BB stuff that is out.. but the thought of a refreshed, revamped BB with some new members sounds like it could turn out interesting.. I mean.. look what was born from the ashes of Creed.. *ahem*

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Merinda wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Yeah as much as I like Ben, this band had one of the tightest rhythm sections in modern rock. Wouldn't be the same band without 'em.
That's kind of exciting to me. As I've explained and you definitely know Andy, hehe, I love pretty much all of the BB stuff that is out.. but the thought of a refreshed, revamped BB with some new members sounds like it could turn out interesting.. I mean.. look what was born from the ashes of Creed.. *ahem*
Haha, true and it could do them well. It's a little different starting a band with the same instrumental section and a new singer though. I don't think a band like Evanescence has had much of anything good after their original guitarist left, but that doesn't mean BB can't be different. Shinedown are a good example of a band in the same situation as BB. The new guitarist and bassist gave the band a fresh sound. Some people loved it, some people hated it. I'll definitely be interested in whatever Ben does next musically though. He's talented enough to come up with more good material if he sets his mind to it.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Still waiting..

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Should be a crime that I just started getting into these guys! Hope this "hiatus" is only temporary...

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Better late than never! :) And damnit me too!

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Had these guys on non-stop repeat lately. Such great talent all around, some of the best lyric work out there imo

sflonstage
Brand New Start

Post by sflonstage »

I thought they went on hiatus originally because of Ben's health issues and throat infections.