The Official AVENGED SEVENFOLD Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Decay

Re: The Official AVENGED SEVENFOLD Thread

Post by Decay »

dolo1993 wrote:
Decay wrote:
Felipesh wrote:My favorite songs of the new album are, none, this album fucking sucks
Lol what?! You better check your ears, son, Alter Bridge ain't the only good band on the planet.
Decay, I know A7X is your 2nd favourite band but the fact that Felipesh dislikes this record (and I agree with him at some extent) doesn't mean that he can't see the world aside from AB lol.
Yeah, but look at my post up above, dolo... I did not try to offend Felipesh for not liking A7X's new album. It's his choice and I respect it. Though I respectfully disagree on some things. You can't always please everyone, whether it's AB or A7X or any band, really.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Decay wrote:
Felipesh wrote:
Decay wrote:
Felipesh wrote:My favorite songs of the new album are, none, this album fucking sucks
Lol what?! You better check your ears, son, Alter Bridge ain't the only good band on the planet.
Boring album, boring solos, average drums, rip-offs, I'm done that album it's like 2/5
I respectfully disagree. On the contrary, I think the album is amazing.
Dude, I DO NOT think the album is boring, the solos are mind-blowing like on every other A7X record.
Average drums? It seems to me The Rev is still drumming. Just because ''This Means War'' kinda resembles Metallica's ''Sad But True'' doesn't mean it's a total rip-off...

Anyways, this album is awesome, imo. I'm glad they've tried something different, they always do with every new record.
Well I think is boring, when I was listening the abum I was like this :bored , mind-blowing solos? I can play an ukelele and make it sound 'mind-blowener?' like the solos of this album, and hello guys we have another rip-off:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/7LuSP4QaXiQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/G6coOXi2cf0[/youtube]

Decay

Post by Decay »

Timotheus wrote:You've seen what happened to the Fortress Interview thread when somebody said something bad about Muse.. I got it derailed for like 1.5 page :lol

And now I'm derailing this thread, so continue ;)
Alright, that's cool, will do :lol

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Decay wrote: Yeah, but look at my post up above, dolo... I did not try to offend Felipesh for not liking A7X's new album. It's his choice and I respect it. Though I respectfully disagree on some things. You can't always please everyone, whether it's AB or A7X or any band, really.
Yeah but discussion like "This album is amazing" vs. "This album sucks" is just pointless. Seriously, aside from Crimson Day, Planets and title track I don't hear anything interesing on this record. Maybe it's not my taste anymore but I can see the point in what Felipesh is saying.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Decay

Post by Decay »

Felipesh wrote:Well I think is boring, when I was listening the abum I was like this :bored , mind-blowing solos? I can play an ukelele and make it sound 'mind-blowener?' like the solos of this album, and hello guys we have another rip-off:

That, doesn't even remotely sound the same as Doing Time, both musically and lyrically. I do like Rev Theory and I do like Hell Yeah better than Doing Time. But those 'talking' vocals at the beginning of Doing Time do resemble A7X's Bat Country.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Decay wrote:
Felipesh wrote:Well I think is boring, when I was listening the abum I was like this :bored , mind-blowing solos? I can play an ukelele and make it sound 'mind-blowener?' like the solos of this album, and hello guys we have another rip-off:

That, doesn't even remotely sound the same as Doing Time, both musically and lyrically. I do like Rev Theory and I do like Hell Yeah better than Doing Time. But those 'talking' vocals at the beginning of Doing Time do resemble A7X's Bat Country.
'That, doesn't even remotely sound the same as Doing Time', and I have to clean my ears? you gotta be fucking kidding me, really

Decay

Post by Decay »

Felipesh wrote:
Decay wrote:

'That, doesn't even remotely sound the same as Doing Time', and I have to clean my ears? you gotta be fucking kidding me, really
Alright, suit yourself. I'm done quarreling.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Where's my trophy

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The entire 'rip-off' concept is weird though. I don't really see the problem. Bands like Led Zeppelin literally stole songs (or parts of songs), and they're being considered as one of the best bands ever. This is music, not a courtroom.

Having said that, Doing Time if definitely a rip-off :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Doom
Loyal Follower

Post by Doom »

I agree that the "This album is amazing" and "this album sucks" fight is pointless.. Everyone has their opinion and that it's.
I won't be part of this.. It's pointless, I just wanted to say that yeah some songs in the new album sounds a lot like metallica, pantera, at one point it sounds like a riff from a song of a rock band of the 80's, like Rebel Yell by Billy Idol.. But well, every band's songs has something similar to other band's songs, It's common in this times...

Adding up to this, the members of A7X said that they were listening to the bands that had influenced their influences ( I mean what influenced Pantera, Metallica, etc).. So yeah, for me it turned to be a rock album more than a metal album but I liked it.. It's just great, different from what they had done.

Every band at some point in their career changes their style, they try to improve, make something new, something different.Obviously it's a risk decision which could turn to be that the fans will love it or hate it.. It just that, to make a risk decision and see what will happen.

They couldn't do the same in every record that they release.. It would be boring!

So with that I think It's cleared that they turned to do something more simple.
It could be that there is not the A7X vibe that characterized them but well, they wanted to do this..

Sorry if I had bored you guys with this statement but I wanted to give my point of view in this...
(And if there is some mistakes I hope you understand that english is not my nature language)

Decay

Post by Decay »

Doom wrote:I agree that the "This album is amazing" and "this album sucks" fight is pointless.. Everyone has their opinion and that it's.
I won't be part of this.. It's pointless, I just wanted to say that yeah some songs in the new album sounds a lot like metallica, pantera, at one point it sounds like a riff from a song of a rock band of the 80's, like Rebel Yell by Billy Idol.. But well, every band's songs has something similar to other band's songs, It's common in this times...

Adding up to this, the members of A7X said that they were listening to the bands that had influenced their influences ( I mean what influenced Pantera, Metallica, etc).. So yeah, for me it turned to be a rock album more than a metal album but I liked it.. It's just great, different from what they had done.

Every band at some point in their career changes their style, they try to improve, make something new, something different.Obviously it's a risk decision which could turn to be that the fans will love it or hate it.. It just that, to make a risk decision and see what will happen.

They couldn't do the same in every record that they release.. It would be boring!

So with that I think It's cleared that they turned to do something more simple.
It could be that there is not the A7X vibe that characterized them but well, they wanted to do this..

Sorry if I had bored you guys with this statement but I wanted to give my point of view in this...
(And if there is some mistakes I hope you understand that english is not my nature language)
:yeahthat

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Doom wrote:Here you have the bonus track:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/G8sVTNIoj8Q[/youtube]

Really cool tune, I like it, it's not the best from the new album, but still a good one

On the other side, I liked this album, it's really cool, some great songs there that has an 80's vibe.. But I feel it more a rock album than metal..

I agreed with many of you that the album picks up from Requiem..

Anyways another CD to the collection! :)
Finally, found the time to listen to it. I enjoy this song a lot. It's very vintage Avenged Sevenfold and it is a very nice story to commemorate their fallen brother.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It's streaming on Spotify if anybody is interested.

Requiem is by far my favourite song on the album. It's so bombastic.. Love it :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

I love the new album. It's really nice to hear them experimenting with their sound, this one's more of classic rock/metal, but it's still A7X. My boys are back!

At least ''Hail To The King'' and John Mayer's ''Paradise Valley'' are gonna keep my mind off Fortress for a little while.

Doom
Loyal Follower

Post by Doom »

Here is the making of Hail to the King:
http://www.dc101.com/iplaylist/artist/484516/

It's a cool video where the A7X members talks about the album.. And here's a lot footage when they were in the studio..
For me it's really short, I want to see more of this

Decay

Post by Decay »

Doom wrote:Here is the making of Hail to the King:
http://www.dc101.com/iplaylist/artist/484516/

It's a cool video where the A7X members talks about the album.. And here's a lot footage when they were in the studio..
For me it's really short, I want to see more of this
That was good... And yes, definitely wanna see more of it.

I really loved the making of their self-titled album.

Doom
Loyal Follower

Post by Doom »

More footage of the making of "Hail to the King":
http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/948970/r ... id=1712897

Check back daily as new videos are added.

Altered
Bought The CDs

Post by Altered »

Personally I found the new album a little bland. Probably because it was so straight forward. It reminds me of Metallica's Black Album in a sense. The drums are dull which is what Avenged is usually known. It seems they just simplified the process.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

They definitely aren't "known for" dull drums, if anything, the elaborate fills and the over the top style of The Rev are what they are/were known for. But yes they simplified things this time around.
Thanks Timo!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

After letting HTTK sink in, I must say, it's an amazing album, but it just doesnt top Nightmare for me, which isn't a problem, Nightmare is 1 of my favorite albums of all time. Nightmare's subject matter is so deep, the songs are just magic. Victim and Fiction are gold.
Thanks Timo!