Official GREEN DAY Thread.

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
devv88
Isolated

Re: Official GREEN DAY Thread.

Post by devv88 »

In spite of the relative simplicity of their music, I've liked their newer stuff quite a bit for mere ambition. I liked the concept behind IDIOT, and I liked the three-act structure of BREAKDOWN.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Waiting is also a great soul-filled track. Wow, I'm going to have to get Warning out now, lol.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/5Ttobb9APqg[/youtube]

/Agree

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I actually think he had a point there.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Of course he did, thats why its had millions of views!

Like them or not, GREEN DAY are/were huge. Like RHCP and Oasis and 3 Doors Down etc... Bands that have been around for 10/20 years that are not always liked by everyone but everyone knows them and respect their stamina!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Now, I've got a question and this pretty much relates to festivals in general. As oppose to Billie Joe Armstrong talking about how he's about one f'en min. left and they apparently got cut short 30 min, why couldn't they just play another 30 min without anyone major noticing it? I mean what are those Iheartradio guys going to do if they are going to play a little extra, just cut their sound off in front of the crowd (especially if they may respond well with the added 30 min)?

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Green Day are shit
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

anguyen92 wrote:Now, I've got a question and this pretty much relates to festivals in general. As oppose to Billie Joe Armstrong talking about how he's about one f'en min. left and they apparently got cut short 30 min, why couldn't they just play another 30 min without anyone major noticing it? I mean what are those Iheartradio guys going to do if they are going to play a little extra, just cut their sound off in front of the crowd (especially if they may respond well with the added 30 min)?
Yeah of course they will cut them off. If it was televised and they have schedules to stick to, then they have to abide by that of course. If it was a non-televised festival, i dont know which it was.. Then they still would have had a strict schedule for all the bands and certain curfews too. Festivals arent just "get a bunch of bands together, work out when they wanna start playing and let them play as long as they want" ya know? There wouldve been many factors as to why Green Day were told they had one minute left.

But i agree with Billie Joe, the fact that a band that historically successful are pretty much getting ushered off the show when they have the rest of a song to go.. Is pretty shocking. Just sucks that the organisers WILL cut artists off to stick to schedules.

Same thing happened to Adele at the Brits this year

[youtube]http://youtu.be/RENy9VPCvRc[/youtube]

She was NOT happy.. And Blur overplayed their set MASSIVELY too

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I "liked" Green Day once upon a time..

But now I'm very annoyed/irritated when they play "Let Yourself Go" during the NFL highlights on Sports Center. Crap track and crap music as of late from them.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Macca wrote:Green Day are shit
Hahahahahahahaha

Decay

Post by Decay »

UNO is okay, I guess, there's 3 or 4 really great songs on there.

Oh yeah, DOS has leaked, I've listened to it and like British ppl would say: It's SHITE! Soo disappointed with it.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Anybody else listen to DOS? They've done this stupid thing where the stream is only available on Rdio, which I don't subscribe to. Interested to hear if everybody thinks it's worse than UNO. I have a strong feeling this triple-album is going to stretch them real thin.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Listened to TRE! And I must say that I've been pleasantly surprised with it, actually. It's a good, listenable record. UNO and DOS were crap. But TRE is something else, man. It's a good record, really good.