The Offical Sixx: A.M. Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

The Offical Sixx: A.M. Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

For some people, who do not know, Sixx: A.M. is a side band of Motley Crue's bassist Nikki Sixx along with guitarist DJ Ashba (who's currently touring with Guns n Roses) and vocals James Michael (who's a producer of a good amount of albums that I do not know).

Anywho, their two albums are based on Sixx's autobiographies, Heroin Diaries and This is Gonna Hurt and the ideals and messages of those two books/albums have resonated with people very well. Heroin Diaries is about Sixx's past drug addictions and how he was declared dead twice and what he had done to get clean while This is Gonna Hurt deals with social anxiety and how its ok to be different from what the majority of people think is normal.

Anyway, what do you like/dislike about the band? Also if you have any, what's your favorite songs from these guys? Mine is Life is Beautiful, Tomorrow, Sure Feels Right, Are you With me Now, and Goodbye My Friends.

devv88
Isolated

Re: The Offical Sixx: A.M. Thread

Post by devv88 »

Great band. I'm in the minority that preferred the second album, but the vocals are top-notch.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I prefer the 2nd album as well. I love Skin, such an emotional song. I hear all the major singles on my local rock radio station all the time, but that's probably because Nikki Sixx is the DJ from 7pm - midnight. lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I did not want to create a James Michael thread so I'm just going to leave this song here. It's only by himself here. I don't what to think about this song. The lyrics resonate well with me, Michael's voice is awesome, and him on the piano is golden. Something though kinda rubs me the wrong way though. I can't figure it out though.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/WMOjWf2-s5E[/youtube]

Oh yeah, also on Sixx: A.M., they seem to be ready to create another album as well, this year, as well as creating a broadway play of the Heroin Diaries. Should be really deep either way. Hope Sixx, Ashba, and Michael have a good year on this one.

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

The first 2 SIXX: AM albums were brilliant in complimenting both of Nikki's books, I'm going to say that there could be a new SIXX: AM album sometime this year, because it doesn't look like Motley Crue have anything planned for this year, and Dj Ashba doesn't head out on the road again with Guns N' Roses until March (i'm thinking the rest of the band could get together in maybe the 2nd or 3rd week of February for rehearsals).

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Wheeeeee!!!!!! They are heading back into the studio!!!!

I think I read somewhere else that they may release a single by the end of the year. This year is shaping up nicely for me, musically. Three of my five favorite bands could end up releasing albums this year.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

James Michael is such a sick singer, jus'sayin

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

I only discovered Sixx: AM a few months ago and love both studio albums and both EP's I look forward to more material from them :headbang

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Things just keep getting and better for me in terms of listening to new music.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Whooo, time to revive this thread. These guys got their next album out on October 7th. The 1st single will be out on August 5th.

Here is the album art and track listings.

1. ‘Stars’
2. ‘Gotta Get It Right’
3. ‘Relief’
4. ‘Get Ya Some’
5. ‘Let’s Go’
6. ‘Drive’
7. ‘Give Me A Love’
8. ‘Hyperventilate’
9. ‘High On The Music’
10. ‘Miracle’
11. ‘Before It’s Over’

http://loudwire.com/sixx-a-m-title-artw ... new-album/

Can't wait.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Nice! Very excited for this one. Loved the last album.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Cannot wait!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Here's a webisode on it. You guys may not like the song in the background though. It's all right. I guess. Probably need to hear it alone.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/eqxJAjZS9VY[/youtube]

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dayum, this band becomes more and more a pop group.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

They really do
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, it's not like its a bad thing. I mean sure the song is in a more poppy direction, kinda like the pop side of Queen, but it's still all right. Not as great of a lead single like Life is Beautiful and Lies of the Beautiful People but it's still sounds good. I mean it sounds better than other pop stuff out there other than JT (but he's in the destroyer of worlds territory, so that's hard to beat anyway).

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I just heard a clip of a new track, Let's Go, during the Alabama/WVU football game. Don't know if the song is out or not. I heard around 30 seconds of it coming out of a commercial break.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, they are going to have a new album out this April called Prayers for the Damned and there are two songs out so far, Rise, and You Have Come to the Right Place. Both sounds very promising to me in terms of that post-grunge/alternative metal radio sound I like. Also, You Have Come to the Right Place reminded me of Shinedown's Diamond Eyes. I look forward to the album.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/mFJooJbSntQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/c8Nl1NieCYU[/youtube]

endofsilence93
Bought The CDs

Post by endofsilence93 »

So tonight we get to hear another song called "Prayers for the Damned". I'm really liking this song more than the other ones that have been released from this album so far. I don't know if it's just me but I even get an Iron Maiden vibe in the intro of the song. Overall a pretty good song in my opinion.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know if this is true or my sleepy daze had come to play, but I think I heard on KEGL's The Eagle (Dallas radio station) when they were doing Nikki Sixx's show, Sixx Sense, but I think when Sixx was going over the toughest part of being a touring musician, I think he mentioned that Sixx: A.M. got offered to open for an arena tour in Europe around October 15 - December 15.

I wonder who they are going to open to? I feel like it's going to be AB for some reason. I don't know.