The Offical Sixx: A.M. Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Offical Sixx: A.M. Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Well, I was wrong on that one. Turns out they are going to tour with Shinedown and Five Finger Death Punch in arenas in the states. They got a show in Anaheim at the Honda Center. Already saw Shinedown for free and I'm assuming their setlist won't change too heavily, since the last time I saw them, and I just don't care enough for the Threat to Survival songs to go, and I just don't care enough about FFDP, and I hate the Honda Center, so all of that outweighs wanting to see Sixx: A.M.

Anyway, they got a preview up of the follow-up to Prayers For the Damned. This album is called Prayers For the Blessed.

Sounds very promising, especially in We Will Not Go Quietly and Barbarians (Prayers for the Blessed).

I hope this goes well. I stated that Prayers for the Damned started promising in their previews, but while it had a couple of good songs, and it sounded better than Modern Vintage, it felt a bit meh in some parts. A standard 7.5/10 for me. Got some high marks, whilst other parts felt too meh for me to give it a higher score. Hope Prayers For the Blessed is a different result.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Well, Prayers for the Blessed was a tremendous album to me. I rated that my 3rd favorite album of 2016. Favorites were Barbarians (Prayers for the Blessed), We Will Not Go Quietly, Wolf At Your Door, Suffocate, and Riot in My Head.

Anywho, they stated that there will be an announcement today.

https://twitter.com/SixxAM/status/898586042248216576

So many good possibilities. At the 10 year anniversary of the Heroin Diaries Soundtrack, a lot of things can be announced. New tour, new album, something related to the Heroin Diaries Soundtrack. Whatever it is, I am game for it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Gotta give that band a listen. I never dug into them, maybe because I expected/wanted them to be more hard-rockish, since DJ Ashba was Axl's guitarist and did a good job at covering Slash's stuff.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ It's a good band. The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack is such a dark album, lyrically, since it's depicting what Sixx's going through during his big drug issues in 1987. Van Nuys and Dead Man's Ballet was such good songs that depicted the entire theme of the album. Life is Beautiful is a great active rock radio track and Ashba did great on guitars in the structuring of the bridge verse of the song.

This is Gonna Hurt is a pretty great active rock-radio sounding album, but it does have a fair amount of soft ballads, which I do like, but Skin is a pretty good song highlighting the theme of the album which is trying to find the beauty of all things that can be perceived to be ugly.

Modern Vintage, I didn't enjoy too much. I felt it went of the way that Shinedown and Skillet went with their last albums and made their sound much more poppy, not enough rock that made people take notice of them in the first place.

The two Prayers album, though, brought back a fair amount of a good hard rock sound. Prayers for the Damned sounded a bit depressing for the most part (not necessarily a bad thing. I think that's the image they wanted to convey). Prayers for the Blessed was a very hyped album to me that really filled my expectations and had a good closing song, Helicopters, that sounded like an epilogue closing song to a double album.

So yes, I say give them a fair listen. Don't let the fact that Ashba being in GNR or Sixx being the leader of Motley Crue influence your enjoyment or displeasure of the band. I didn't know who those guys were when I first heard of them. I just heard the songs on the radio, went deeper, and really like the band. Somewhat similar to how I discover AB. I didn't know that Mark, Flip, and Brian were part of Creed. I didn't even know who Creed was at the time. I just heard a song from them through WWE, went deeper, and liked the band.

As for the Sixx: A.M. announcement, they are going to be doing a reissue for the 10 year anniversary of the Heroin Diaries Soundtrack through Pledgemusic. They are reworking three songs, having a graphics novel, digital download, and all sorts of other stuff that has a price range.