Like A Storm

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
agny
On The Rail

Re: Like A Storm

Post by agny »

Been listening to the Catacombs album on repeat since I got it. Some of it is too produced for my tastes but that's true of most modern rock, and I don't like growly vocals but they're what the kids are into these days, and I was listening to a lot of old Zeppelin recently which is the other end of the spectrum. As always, I like it much, much better via CD on a real stereo than my impressions from listening to digital clips streaming on little devices. I hear lots of little sections here and there that remind me of things I've heard before - and realize they're either other LAS songs or other bands I like. A little Alice in Chains influence here, a little Alter Bridge dynamics there, some messy time changes which I always enjoy ... Anyway, still learning more details of it all but enjoying it. Hope I get to see them live before too long.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

The title track is my favorite so far. The posted all the tracks on their official YouTube and they're on Spotify and whatnot.

tiesthatbind1387
Brand New Start

Post by tiesthatbind1387 »

These guys are awesome bought the first album on amazon music if anyone is wondering on where they can get it. Also this is one of my favorties from the new album great stuff. :D

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I'm really enjoying Catacombs. I remember meeting LAS when they were pretty new and on their first US tour opening for AB. It's been fun listening to these guys progress and mature with their sound over their career.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

LAS is headlining the SiriusXM Octane Accelerator Tour right now and I saw them here earlier this week. These kids put on a really really great show. Great energy. Good stage presence. Super appreciative of the fans. They have become really freakin great musicians so the music is tight and dynamic. They played in a small venue that holds 450 max and was pretty full, but these guys (like more than a few rock bands we know) deserve bigger crowds and bigger venues.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Nice. Haven't been able to see them in a long time and would love to hear some of Catacombs live.