SEVENDUST

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: SEVENDUST

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Andy92 wrote:I'm on my 3rd or 4th listen, and I think the first half of the album is really strong. I love Mountain and the title track especially. Got A Feeling is my favorite song on the back half. But this one's growing on me a lot the more I listen to it. I think the lyrics are a strong point, and I'm a big fan of that. Lajon really delivers these songs with a lot of passion.
I love the second half way more! I like the more melodic stuff. Its not as good as on my first listen, but I'd say its solid.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Haha I guess I just like the power behind the earlier songs. Some of the other stuff is growing on me too, I like Dark AM a lot. I think the closer is kinda weak, although when they told the story behind the name Murder Bar on Rockline it was really funny lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

mitchyboy
Brand New Start

Post by mitchyboy »

I actually think the closing track Murder Bar is really good. It creates a cool, almost eery vibe. I think it's a sign of a great album when people like different tracks and different parts. It shows that the dynamics of the album are right.... in my opinion.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I agree, I don't really think any of the tracks are "bad," just have some I like more than others. But it does say a lot about the album when so many people have different favorites.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Dark AM riff is so simple, but so effective. The verse melodies are sick too.

Everything about Dead Roses is awesome. Typical SD song but I cannot get enough of that one. "and all I've completely erased". Love the way he signs that line - pure melody.

I just wish some of the riffs were a little better. Some of them are straight up played out already.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

Personally I'd say that Dead Roses is actually the one song that sounds least like Sevendust but like a song Clint Lowery forgot to put on the Call Me No One record. Everything about this song (especially the guitar tone) screams CMNO^^
Please give them a like :)

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Saw these guys live today. They put on a great heavy rock show. Lajon is fantastic on stage. The drummer is fantastic as well. I will say though, you cant make out one word Lajon says because of how loud the guitars are. One of the worst cases of this issue I've ever seen live. They played Driven, Denial, Black Out the Sun, Angels Son, Got a Feeling, Decay, and some other screamos (which I dont like). But it was fun seeing them live regardless. Get to check that off my bucket list now.

You gotta respect a band thats still goin strong since the 90's.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

One of those screamos was probably "Pieces" which is actually a pretty good rockin tune (I think they have been opening w/it). I don't care alot for the screaming either. But usually there is enough melody there to keep it from being terrible (although I dislike 'Till Death, Clint almost barks the words.)
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Found this article on loudwire.

http://loudwire.com/sevendust-crowdfund ... tic-album/

They are crowdfunding their next album which will be an acoustic album.

Here's the site where the donations can be made.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/sevendust

The perks that comes along with the donations looks very appealing enough. Also, it looks like they will eventually meet their goal as they are 91% of the way there as of this time.

Decay

Post by Decay »

I may give their new album a listen, Black Out The Sun was a total shit album, if ya ask me.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

This is what they gotta do. 7D is fantastic at melodic songs, not screamos. Angels Son, Got a Feeling, Skeleton Song are all great and I can't wait at all for this album

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Decay wrote:I may give their new album a listen, Black Out The Sun was a total shit album, if ya ask me.
Completely disagree. I loved Black Out The Sun.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

I always had a problem with 7dust. They are great, but I only enjoyed a couple of songs here and another song there... But this teaser got me pumped up. I loved the snippets! Can not wait
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Decay

Post by Decay »

Andy92 wrote:
Decay wrote:I may give their new album a listen, Black Out The Sun was a total shit album, if ya ask me.
Completely disagree. I loved Black Out The Sun.
I hated it, still do.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, here's a track from their acoustic album. It's an acoustic version of Black. It's pretty good.

http://loudwire.com/sevendust-black-aco ... -premiere/

I'm sure people are going to hear this and say it's too generic or nitpick at something mundane.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

anguyen92 wrote:http://loudwire.com/sevendust-black-aco ... -premiere/

I'm sure people are going to hear this and say it's too generic or nitpick at something mundane.
Nope! I love it, really refreshing to hear this kind of stuff acoustic, cool jam, looking forward to the rest of the acoustic album!
Formerly known as Benjami

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I like it. But if you already have Acoustic Live Double-Wide then you've heard this version of Black before. I can't wait to hear the new tunes though.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I LOVE FAITHLESS!

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/sevendust

cant believe i missed it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

btw here is "The Wait." I have yet to hear it yet, it just was released this morning.

http://audioinkradio.com/2014/03/sevend ... -bonfires/

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Just checked the new song out, and I really liked that one. The acoustic album will be cool to hear. The band is typically so heavy that I'm looking forward to hearing them play in more stripped back arrangements.