The DAUGHTRY Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

The DAUGHTRY Thread

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Fv46C7ufrb8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/E9abXgbu3GE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/yLWWnk-Zs_Y[/youtube]

I know we have a few Daughtry fans here. I'm a big fan and I think Chris Daughtry is my favorite vocalist. I got the opportunity to catch the band live when they came through Salt Lake City a couple years ago, and what a show. Still the best concert I've ever been to (and by far the loudest, which Chris Daughtry commented on the next day on Twitter). I remember they closed with "There and Back Again" with an extended bass solo, which was very cool. There was a drum solo in the set somewhere too, and Chris did a fantastic cover of "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins.

Discuss Daughtry!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The DAUGHTRY Thread

Post by Andy92 »

Going to see these guys next month. First time I'll have seen the band live. I've always liked their studio albums.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Be prepared for a GREAT show!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it!

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Debut was solid, sophomore was terrific, third release was lackluster but decent. Still, like these guys quite a bit.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Andy92 wrote:Going to see these guys next month. First time I'll have seen the band live. I've always liked their studio albums.
I saw them a couple years ago. Honestly the albums never blew me away, but the live show knocked me off my feet.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

You guys are getting me really excited for this now haha. And by the way, I think it's cool the 3 videos AlterSteve posted were all b-sides/bonus tracks. Those are some of Daughtry's better songs I think. Everything But Me off the new album is one of my favorite softer songs they've ever written.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Went to the concert last night, and these guys put on a really good show. I think they played around 17 songs (including a cover of Runnin' Down A Dream). My only complaint would be that they only played 2 songs off Leave This Town (No Surprise and September) but I realize this tour's purpose is to promote Break The Spell. I was really happy to see There And Back Again in the set. They closed with it and extended the song with a lengthy bass solo in the middle of it. They did an acoustic version of Rescue Me that started with just Chris singing over a keyboard, and it sounded amazing as well. So overall, amazing concert and I'd definitely see them again.

Oh and Chris also said Start of Something Good would be the next single.

QwikSand
TABN.com Citizen

Post by QwikSand »

I'm so glad they are using Elvio for keyboards, acoustic guitar and backing vocals now. It adds so much more to the live show and really fills everything out. I'm glad Start Of Something Good is the next single but they need to put out Break The Spell as a single after that.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They played Break The Spell too, which would probably be a good choice for a single down the road. I think Rescue Me could be a hit though. That'd be my next choice after Start Of Something Good.

QwikSand
TABN.com Citizen

Post by QwikSand »

There's a Japan bonus track called Never Die that I am trying to get my hands on but no luck so far. I posted a thread in General asking if anyone is in Japan and can get it from Itunes so if anyone knows anyone that can, go for it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Here it is. Pretty cool tune! What were they thinking leaving it off the album?!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/LY2M-MpA14w[/youtube]

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I love daughtry, but chris seems to be having some vocal issues lately. his voice seems really hoarse/:
Thanks Andy!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, what's Daughtry been doing lately in terms of touring or producing?

Listening to Leave This Town atm, still, pretty good.

I really like this band a lot and don't mind admitting it. Their sound and lyrical approach I love more than the general style of 80s heavy/thrash/glam bands (which diehard rock fans, from sites like ultimate-guitar, love and may chastised a band like Daughtry) but I do lean more favorable on the alternative rock side of things, except Nickelback and sometimes Creed, as oppose to the heavy metal side.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They just finished up a big co-headlining run with 3 Doors Down across the US. Seems like Chris has been writing lately for the 4th album. My guess is we'll see a new record somewhere between fall 2103 and spring 2014.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I'll have to give Kroeger his props where it's due, he helped Chris write some really good songs on Leave This Town. My fave Daughtry album

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

You know off hand what songs he co-wrote? I always thought Chad wrote some catchy hooks, he just has cheesy lyrics that turn me off sometimes. He's one of the better pop rock ballad writers though.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:You know off hand what songs he co-wrote? I always thought Chad wrote some catchy hooks, he just has cheesy lyrics that turn me off sometimes. He's one of the better pop rock ballad writers though.
According to wiki, it says here that Kroeger co-wrote No Surprise and Life After You. Damn, those are good singles to listen to.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Life After You has my favorite melody on that record. Doesn't surprise me really, as I said Chad is great at the ballad/acoustic based songs.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Chris tweeted a bit of a surprise tonight...Daughtry's new album is coming out before the end of 2013. No release date yet, but he said they're ahead of schedule.