The DAUGHTRY Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The DAUGHTRY Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:Not really a fan...I liked some songs on Baptized, but this is even more of a departure from the band's original sound than that album was.

Wish they stuck with the sound they were building towards on Leave This Town, but oh well. Feel like I end up saying this with half the bands I listened to in high school. At least Tremonti sticks to his roots. :lol
You and me, both, Andy. At least, also AB is not going the ways of the bands we grew up with. At least, when Myles does something different, he just makes it work with a lot of genuine emotions.

And yes, Leave This Town is still a great album.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I think Backbone is catchy and I rather enjoy it, but I too wish the band would go back to their rock roots. However, I much prefer this song over the majority of Baptized.

Chris just doesnt sound the same, and when he sings on stage he always looks like he is in pain, so the change of sound is probably necessary.
Thanks Andy!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Micky wrote:I think Backbone is catchy and I rather enjoy it, but I too wish the band would go back to their rock roots. However, I much prefer this song over the majority of Baptized.

Chris just doesnt sound the same, and when he sings on stage he always looks like he is in pain, so the change of sound is probably necessary.
I remember even back on American Idol, he started getting hoarse towards the end of the season. I don't think he has the best vocal technique when it comes to preserving his voice.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Solid song. A lot better than Backbone.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

New song. Jebus, it's been two years since the last bump? Yikes. Anywho, it's called World on Fire. I like it. I think it's a step towards an enjoyable direction to me. It has a bit of a hard rock edge that they used to bring in their sound. Hopefully, if they do release an album this year, it would be towards this direction rather than the last two albums.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I was a big fan of this single. Honestly can’t remember their last album lol. I listened to Baptized some and wasn’t thrilled with the direction. The album they released a few years ago didn’t stick with me at all (would have to actively go look up what the title was). I’m pleasantly surprised by the new single though. If the rest of the album is influenced more to the sound of the first two albums, I’ll definitely be happy with it.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I've never enjoyed Daughtry outside of 'It's Not Over'. Quite frankly, I was surprised to have enjoyed World on Fire at all. I've always wished Chris joined Fuel. I really really hate his music, but I think he's a great singer and performer. Had he had someone like Carl Bell writing all the rock hits for him, I think he could have given Fuel a second wind in the 2010's, and they'd be as popular as their contemporaries are today. But considering Fuel has all but vanished and Daughtry is still a big name, and headlining ultimately I understand his choice to branch his own name out.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

For anyone interested here's the new Daughtry song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_l5Rl7hwws

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

For those that remember, over a decade ago, Sevendust had Chris Daughtry provide additional vocals to one of their songs called The Past. Now it's the reverse. Lajon of Sevendust has now provided additional vocals for Daughtry. It's a cover though of a song that gets covered a lot. Temple of The Dog's Hunger Strike.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, I guess I should have saw it coming once after they released Hunger Strike with Lajon of Sevendust that they are doing a tour together with Sevendust and they are bringing Tremonti along with them (odd mixture, but with the Hunger Strike cover that crosses Daughtry and Sevendust, and Sevendust and Tremonti under the same management, it makes an interesting package.) Nonetheless, I'm pumped for this billing as a fan of all of these guys in the last decade and beyond.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So Dearly Beloved is out right now. A couple of songs in. I like it. I think it's a really tough standard to top their first two album, but I'm enjoying this better than their last two albums so that's a plus. I think the direction of the songs is pretty much on par of what Shinedown is going for in their last two albums, but it feels like that style works better for Daughtry than with Shinedown.

Honestly, I think a Shinedown/Daughtry tour in outdoor amphitheaters would be a great sell. Not sure why that hasn't happened yet. Maybe that could happen next summer.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, so I saw a tweet from Lzzy Hale that she and Daughtry did a cover song together. It's a cover of Journey's Separate Ways (Worlds Apart).

At first when I heard the song, I was like, "Why does this sound like AOR style music?" and then I looked see that it's a Journey cover and I thought, "I heard this song somehow," and then I recall that the first opening band, Deepfall, that opened for AB back in 2020 before the shutdown did a cover of this song.

Well, if you want to hear Daughtry and Lzzy cover a Journey song, here you go. I would have liked it they did something more original.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:14 am All right, so I saw a tweet from Lzzy Hale that she and Daughtry did a cover song together. It's a cover of Journey's Separate Ways (Worlds Apart).

At first when I heard the song, I was like, "Why does this sound like AOR style music?" and then I looked see that it's a Journey cover and I thought, "I heard this song somehow," and then I recall that the first opening band, Deepfall, that opened for AB back in 2020 before the shutdown did a cover of this song.

Well, if you want to hear Daughtry and Lzzy cover a Journey song, here you go. I would have liked it they did something more original.

I prefer the Stranger Things remix:

Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

That's probably one of my top 5 Journey songs of all time and I have loved Journey for 40+ years (and it's utterly tragic what is going on within the ashes of the band right now) and they did a fantastic job. But anything Lzzy touches pretty much turns to gold. Working with Daughtry does nothing to diminish that.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:14 am All right, so I saw a tweet from Lzzy Hale that she and Daughtry did a cover song together. It's a cover of Journey's Separate Ways (Worlds Apart).

Love it. They really made it their own. And Lzzy...enough said. 😍😍😍
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs