Fight the Fury

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Fight the Fury

Post by Andy92 »

Fight the Fury is a new side project featuring John Cooper and Seth Morrison of Skillet. If you’re a fan of Skillet but think they’ve gotten too poppy over the recent years (or if you just like hard rock, which you’re on an Alter Bridge forum, so you probably do, unless if you’re Macca) then these guys are definitely worth checking out. They have a new EP, Still Breathing, coming out on October 26th. You can check out the first single, My Demons, below.

The band has a few tour dates in Russia coming up later this year. You can check those out on their website. TABN’s very own Jared Ward will be the band’s touring drummer! Props to him on a lot of hard work.

Let me know what you guys think!

http://fightthefury.com

anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Fight the Fury

Post by anguyen92 »

I read about this band on Loudwire. I read that their sound is somewhere is along the lines of Slipknot and I thought "John Cooper has formed a band that sounds, instrumentally, like Slipknot? All right, let's see what happens." This is pretty darn heavy stuff compared to Skillet and it is really heavy stuff. Of course, I'll listen to the EP.

Regarding the Russia dates, I find it humorous that Skillet has such a decent following in Russia that a side project of John Cooper was able to get dates in Russia, but AB has not played there yet, despite their larger following in Europe.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The Slipknot comparison is definitely more All Hope Is Gone era Slipknot, this isn’t Iowa heavy lol. The guitar work does remind me of Psychosocial quite a bit. It’s definitely the heaviest I’ve heard out of a Skillet related project.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Thanks, Andy! It's a long story but I'm honored to be a part of this band. We start rehearsals at the end of this month and I believe "My Demons" will be hitting metal radio in the next couple of weeks. I think it peaked on iTunes Rock at #5 which is pretty decent when you see who's in the top 5 lol Skillet is massive in Russia so that's why John decided to start there - the plan right now is to tour the US at the beginning of next year (Jan-Feb) but nothing is booked. It would be awesome to jump on a tour with a well known band like Slipknot or Korn but if that doesn't work out we'll probably just be playing small clubs by ourselves. Anyway, I've got a lot of work to do before tour. These songs are not just a walk in the park either... they're pretty demanding when it comes to drums. If I have the time and think of it I'll try to post some pics and video from tour and maybe rehearsals.

By the way - the guy on the far right is not me lol that is John's nieces husband, he was just a stand-in for the photo-shoot. Pics were done before they had a drummer but you'll see me in the Demons video later this month.

Anyway... I would appreciate your support! Hope you guys dig the EP. :)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Sounds cool, Jared! I knew you weren’t in that photo, but that’s funny they used a stand-in for it. :lol

Looking forward to checking out the EP for sure. My Demons kind of has a Collide-era Skillet meets Slipknot vibe going on. I’ll keep my eyes out for some US dates. Put a bug in somebody’s ear for a West Virginia date...lol

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Congrats Jared! That's beyond awesome!

Looking forward to seeing what the four of you bring.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Holy shit congrats Jared! That’s awesome to hear.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Thanks guys! Appreciate it. Unfortunately do to reasons we couldn't control the Russia tour had to be canceled. We're very sad we couldn't play for fans over there but Skillet is doing a Russia tour some time next year.. so that's really cool for them. Good news is we announced a few US dates for next month. If any of you guys are in the area feel free to come to one these! We'll hopefully know our schedule for next year very soon. :)

https://fightthefury.com/

Here's the video for My Demons btw

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

For those who haven't heard we'll be opening for Breaking Benjamin in about a month starting on March 15th. This is huge opportunity for us and I'm beyond excited. Again, if you're in the area feel free to come say hey! We'd appreciate the support.

Tickets: https://breakingbenjamin.com/tour/