The Official FOZZY Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
BastiMix
Loyal Follower

The Official FOZZY Thread

Post by BastiMix »

Fozzy, featuring Rich Ward and WWE Superstar Chris Jericho, have just released their first single off the new record "Sin and Bones", called Sandpaper. Guest vocals provided by Avenged Sevenfold's M. Shadows.

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/exclusi ... paper.html
Please give them a like :)

Decay

Re: The Official FOZZY Thread

Post by Decay »

Diggin' this song, really. It can be heard on Youtube as well!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Q1rRynEvHcc[/youtube]
Last edited by Decay on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Decay

Post by Decay »

This has just been linked to me. The previews sound good so far. Looking forward to hearing more.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/qa1JwqcHpQ4[/youtube]

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

They've come a long way from being a big joke cover / parody band. The last album was pretty good, and I'm digging what I hear of this one so far!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

They keep progressing from album to album, especially since their first non-cover album.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Not digging the new song. I really like the last 2 albums though.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well after listening to the whole album, I'm somewhat disappointing in the same sense that ABIII was not better than Blackbird. Sin and Bones is pretty ok, but Chasing the Grail was pretty damn awesome from start and finish for the most part. Hopefully, in time, that I will grow to love Sin and Bones like I did with Chasing the Grail.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, after a couple of months into the Sin and Bones release, it is a pretty solid album. Spider in My Mouth, Sandpaper, She's My Addiction, and, the 11 min. song, Storm the Beaches are pretty great tunes.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

I'm gonna see them at the end of April, they're doing a free show with Drowning Pool in my area :D

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

After seeing Decay put a Fozzy song in the "what are you listening to right now" thread made me bump this thread to say that they are ready to create and release another album in 2014!!!!!!

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

Saw Fozzy last night (supporting Steel Panther + Buckcherry).

I've heard of Fozzy, known of them for many years (since album #1) but never got into them. They played a quaint little set of carefully selected numbers. His vocal is pretty effortless and carries well. Their songs are quite varied - I like that they've got some nu-metal, some metal, and they have some very 80s sounding stuff too (think "She's My Addiction") and they throw all those kinda songs into an album...

A solid band in my opinion, underrated in many corners of the world.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Wooo Steel Panther!

Back on topic, Chris Jericho is my favourite wrestler of all time, so I've listened to Fozzy quite a bit. I really enjoyed some songs from All That Remains a few years ago, and I liked Let the Madness Begin from Chasing the Grail, but I haven't listened to them for quite some time. I think his voice kind of put me off. It's not bad it's just not my cup of tea.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You think I would bump this thread for a music video release like I did for the other 3 band threads, but not this time. Anywho.

Dang, I asked Fozzy on their twitter whether or not they are going to do another 10+ min. epic song like on the previous two albums for this next album and they said not this time.

Damn. Those long songs showcases Jericho's vocals pretty well. I'll still listen to their next album. I might have to change my expectations though or else I might be disappointed with this album like Sin & Bones, on 1st listen, though Sin & Bones had a lot of great moments.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

Here's hoping the new album rocks. The last one sucked so bad.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

Their new album "Do You Wanna Start A War" really rocks! Way better than their last one and it might even be one of the best they've ever made. Kinda like a mixture of their previous albums Happenstance and All That Remains. Plus, a killer ABBA cover!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Finally, I've been waiting three years for this. New Fozzy song! This is called Judas. Sounds all right. I like it better than their previous lead single, "Lights go Out." I'm excited about the new album. Music video is just what you expect Chris Jericho in 2017 to create.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, the new Fozzy album comes out on October 13th. They also have teamed up with Pledgemusic and offer some bundle deals. They also decided to do three shows in three different time zones in one day on October 14th, the day after their new album comes out. Sounds pretty cool. Also, it seems like fans has the opportunity to travel with Fozzy on the all-day trip to all three shows, sounds even cooler. The kicker, though, is that they offering this deal for $12,500......

Sometimes, the more I think about it, and the more ridiculous VIP deals I see from other bands, the more that $2,500 VIP for Life that AB offered in early 2016 seems to grow much more in value (especially, given that those that have it, I believe, gets that option to go to those Royal Albert Hall shows without hassle). Here's the Fozzy Pledgemusic link below.

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/fozzy