Our Lady Peace

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Jim
Blood Machines

Our Lady Peace

Post by Jim »

You may have noticed an absence from myself for the past 3/4 days..

Ive been in London, seeing OLP 3 times in 3 days. It was one of the most amazing weeks of my life.

Been a STRONG Our Lady Peace fan since 2000/01 and i waited 8 years to see them this weekend, and it was SO worth it.

So, yeah... I doubt anyone else here likes them, but for me they are at the top of my "favourite bands of all time" list

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Our Lady Peace

Post by NytestrykerZ »

I prefer the stuff they did in the Mike Turner era but they've had a few good tunes since then too. 'Thief' was always a favorite.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

It wasnt the "Mike Turner" era.. as he left during the writing of Gravity. What you are referring to is the "Arnold Lanni" era. You and thousands of others..

Personally not a big fan of "Burn Burn" and "Curve" as much as the older works, but theres some stand out tracks! They've still got it live too, they make bands like Alter Bridge and Shinedown look like theyre trying too hard. Its perfect live music

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

I used to like Gravity. Then the guy's voice started to annoy me.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Alright, I'll just say I prefer the pre-Gravity era then. "Somewhere Out There" was undeniably catchy but they lost me with "Innocent."

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Experiencing "Innocent" live at a show, is amazing.

Drivenunder4
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Drivenunder4 »

I'm a pretty big OLP fan. Gravity is one of my all time fav albums. Love the Lanni era stuff.. Listen to them all the time... Haven't gotten Into anything post gravity tho... Burn burn was ok

InternalStorm
Brand New Start

Post by InternalStorm »

It's strange you say they are perfect live... Raine's voice nowadays basically butchers the older stuff. I'm a big OLP fan of the old stuff and I was positively optimistic after hearing Heavyweight but they have really lost their way. I saw them live a couple years ago during the Olympics in Vancouver and they were far from fantastic.

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

I became a huge fan of OLP when I saw them open for Creed back in 2000 or so? I've like almost all of their stuff up until Burn Burn and Curve. Couldn't get into either of those albums. I've only seen them live once, when they opened for Creed. I don't think they've been back to my city much, at least on a tour of their own. If they did, I just missed em :(
-Steve
CreedFeed - Feeding Your Need For Creed!
QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

InternalStorm wrote:It's strange you say they are perfect live... Raine's voice nowadays basically butchers the older stuff. I'm a big OLP fan of the old stuff and I was positively optimistic after hearing Heavyweight but they have really lost their way. I saw them live a couple years ago during the Olympics in Vancouver and they were far from fantastic.
I just saw them 3 times this weekend bro, his voice is amazing. And he's 15/20 years old than he was back then.. Its gonna be different. He's a maturer musician and uses a different technique now.. But his falsetto work live, is incredible. They did "All My Friends" on Tuesday and it gave me chills

Burn Burn was a tough record to get into, i still havent... Ive literally had Curve on non stop for a couple days and re-realised how amazing it actually is... Its good to re-discover your roots.

Love OLP.

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

Great band. I've been a fan since I heard "Starseed" back in '94. I finally saw them live in 2002 when they were on tour with Audiovent (great band too, it's too bad they're no longer :( ), and they are fantastic live with a lot of their hardcore fans singing along to their songs.
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

TREMONSTER wrote:Great band. I've been a fan since I heard "Starseed" back in '94. I finally saw them live in 2002 when they were on tour with Audiovent (great band too, it's too bad they're no longer :( ), and they are fantastic live with a lot of their hardcore fans singing along to their songs.
Yeah Raine said he'd never heard "In Repair" sang like we did on Monday, in the UK. Was an amazing moment.. 4AM and Clumsy were amazing too! Will post some of my videos ina bit, theyre taking days to upload to Youtube

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Also, love that your name is now TREMONSTER

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

3 of the best nights of my life was seeing these guys

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

a ken yer oot there, somewhere oot there
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

Jim wrote:
TREMONSTER wrote:Great band. I've been a fan since I heard "Starseed" back in '94. I finally saw them live in 2002 when they were on tour with Audiovent (great band too, it's too bad they're no longer :( ), and they are fantastic live with a lot of their hardcore fans singing along to their songs.
Yeah Raine said he'd never heard "In Repair" sang like we did on Monday, in the UK. Was an amazing moment.. 4AM and Clumsy were amazing too! Will post some of my videos ina bit, theyre taking days to upload to Youtube
Awesome...I'm eager to see the vids!
Jim wrote:Also, love that your name is now TREMONSTER
Thanks bud :D

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/1R8qDAq0qOM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/tzEmsczWmww[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/l0ZT_ktrRxk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Gm6v7Q9WHcI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/u2CCsDKBvRM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/gPbXBDRrS8k[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/qBMp8IP2ORc[/youtube]

All from Monday 2nd July.

tiesthatbind1387
Brand New Start

Post by tiesthatbind1387 »

Awesome band got a chance to see them live once a couple years ago at the TLA. Been of fan ever since about 02'.

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

Wow Jim, you had the best spot in the venue! Great vids, thanks for sharing :)

facepollution
Bought The CDs

Post by facepollution »

I was at two of the London shows too, I met Raine, Jeremy and Duncan before Canada day - I think I made an idiot of myself blurted out some rubbish about how much I loved their music........

anyway, one of my top 5 bands, I've waited a really long time to see them live, and they didn't disappoint.