Rock on the Range 2017 - Lineup Inside

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Rock on the Range 2017 - Lineup Inside

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, for those that care (probably only Andy). Here is the set times on the main stage of Saturday (i.e., the day AB plays).

Monster Main Stage:

09:45 PM – Korn
08:10 PM – The Offspring
06:30 PM – Papa Roach
04:50 PM – Seether
03:35 PM – Alter Bridge
02:20 PM – Skillet
01:10 PM – Starset

Now, since the first and second stage does not play at the same time, I believe, and looking at the times on the second stage, looks like AB will be getting the usual 35-40 minutes they always get in these festivals. What I'm thinking about is this particular stage that AB is playing on is pretty stacked with name value bands.

I personally would have put AB after Seether (regardless of the fact that the Seether's new singles are pretty good, imo). I'm actually surprised that Skillet are playing before AB since I would think Skillet is the slightly bigger band between the two. This may be one of the weird cases that AB is probably the least recongized band (from a casual crowd's perspective) of this stage (depending on how the mainstream perceives Starset and I think Starset is on a good growth).

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Might have seen the best rendition of Blackbird today as far as the concerts I've been to. They dedicated it to Chris Cornell and you could tell they put their all into it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Was hoping they'd do that, I know at least Mark and Flip in particular are massive Soundgarden fans.
For all of the hope that it brings...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

They usually record ROTR, right?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Last year Axis(?) TV recorded most of it, but I haven't heard of them doing that this year. Sure it'll be on YouTube at least from a crowd recording.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote:Last year Axis(?) TV recorded most of it, but I haven't heard of them doing that this year. Sure it'll be on YouTube at least from a crowd recording.
Really wish they had an option to filter out the "live stream" videos, which are all bollocks.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:Last year Axis(?) TV recorded most of it, but I haven't heard of them doing that this year. Sure it'll be on YouTube at least from a crowd recording.
Actually, Axs TV covered Carolina Rebellion last year. I know that because I watched some of it. It was mainly a highlight reel of bands (almost in real time) rather than a live coverage.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Maybe their ROTR coverage was two years ago. I know they were there one of those years I've been at this thing lol.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I know 2015 got recorded, Mark and Myles both had some recordings there. No idea about 2016, but if AB is playing the main stage this year I hope they got video coverage.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Well while I'm sitting in the parking lot waiting on traffic for the unforeseeable future, here's my top 5 moments from the weekend.

1. Metallica - First time seeing these guys live and they did not disappoint in the slightest. They played until almost 12:30 and the stadium was full the entire time. It was a fantastic show and this band really does set the bar for live shows.

2. The Pretty Reckless covering Like A Stone in honor of Chris Cornell. This one was all acoustic and the vocal performance was just outstanding. It was the most emotional moment of the weekend, and it's one of the more moving performances I've ever seen live.

3. Alter Bridge (for pretty understandable reasons). The guys were as tight as ever and it's always a blast getting to see AB live. I already mentioned their performance of Blackbird being a highlight.

4. Papa Roach - Their whole performance in general but the part that stuck out the most to me was when they performed Born For Greatness with an entire marching band lol. These guys are always keeping their concerts fresh and they brought the high energy once again.

5. Every year they post tweets on the big screen in the stadium and for whatever reason it was full of SpongeBob quotes all night.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

2018 lineup was posted (saw it on Alice in Chains and Like A Storm social media).
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

...hopefully meaning that AIC will drop a new album in near future.