Metallica

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Metallica

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:
Andy92 wrote:h8r
Come at me, bro.
No u!
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Come at me, bro.
No u!
No need to hate on Timo just because he's right :lol

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Anywhere the word "Metallica" is mentioned you will always find H8R's :lol
Last edited by The Plotblocker on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The Plotblocker wrote:Anywhere the word "Metaliica" is mentioned you will always find H8R's :lol
Considering it's 'Metaliica' and not Metallica' they're hating on, I'd say their hate is misplaced :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Andy was joking of course.. No h8 here.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:Anywhere the word "Metaliica" is mentioned you will always find H8R's :lol
Considering it's 'Metaliica' and not Metallica' they're hating on, I'd say their hate is misplaced :lol
Lol, corrected ;0 But that did remind me of some footage I have seen of James bitching because a roadie spelled it "Metlica" LOL. He is all like "fuck man, not we've been together for like 20 fucking years"
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Come at me, bro.
No u!
No need to hate on Timo just because he's right :lol
No u!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Love it. My favorite since Load. If they could have done something like this during the St Anger days, there might be fewer haters.

Proud to be a 'Tallica fan right now.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Doom
Loyal Follower

Post by Doom »

This Saturday night I went to a cultural center, where they projected a presentation of the new album. It was an incredible experience, I really enjoyed it.

It was in an assembly hall (I don't know if this is the right word for the room), which wasn't very capacious, but it was okay. This projection started with a screen where they played a video of Trujillo greeting Argentina and to enjoy the presentation, then they played the video for Hardwired. After that, the screen went up and the presentation started, which consisted of listening to the doble CD in the darkness. I never had gone to something like this before, I really enjoyed the experience, just enjoying the music, at full volume like it would be in a concert or in a movie theater if you can say it like that.

Now, about the album, I really dig it, a very solid album. I have to be honest, till this listening event I hadn't heard nothing from the album. :/

I have been listening to the album all day.

PD: I had fun at the venue too, just looking at the people that was around. There wasn't much people, but although it was manly fans of the band, there was people that either they couldn't stand the volume of music or they didn't like heavy metal, as after 4 or 5 songs, they went away. The only thing that bothered me was that there was people who they didn't care about anything and were using their phones, whatsover it was for using it to reply a text or using it as a lantern to exit of the room and the light was annoying and there were 'security' people too that were pointing out with lanterns (I think) to people who used their phones but people in general does't care about the warnings of shutting down the damn phone and just enjoy the music.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Doom wrote:This Saturday night I went to a cultural center, where they projected a presentation of the new album. It was an incredible experience, I really enjoyed it.

It was in an assembly hall (I don't know if this is the right word for the room), which wasn't very capacious, but it was okay. This projection started with a screen where they played a video of Trujillo greeting Argentina and to enjoy the presentation, then they played the video for Hardwired. After that, the screen went up and the presentation started, which consisted of listening to the doble CD in the darkness. I never had gone to something like this before, I really enjoyed the experience, just enjoying the music, at full volume like it would be in a concert or in a movie theater if you can say it like that.

Now, about the album, I really dig it, a very solid album. I have to be honest, till this listening event I hadn't heard nothing from the album. :/

I have been listening to the album all day.

PD: I had fun at the venue too, just looking at the people that was around. There wasn't much people, but although it was manly fans of the band, there was people that either they couldn't stand the volume of music or they didn't like heavy metal, as after 4 or 5 songs, they went away. The only thing that bothered me was that there was people who they didn't care about anything and were using their phones, whatsover it was for using it to reply a text or using it as a lantern to exit of the room and the light was annoying and there were 'security' people too that were pointing out with lanterns (I think) to people who used their phones but people in general does't care about the warnings of shutting down the damn phone and just enjoy the music.
Oh man that sounds really kool. I would have loved to go to something like that to hear this for the first time. Did try to go to the House of Vans show, but even though I entered 9 times, I did not win.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Love it. My favorite since Load. If they could have done something like this during the St Anger days, there might be fewer haters.

Proud to be a 'Tallica fan right now.
I agree. This album feels like what they could have released after the Loads in the late 90s early 2000s if they could have kept their stuff together. It combines elements of their earlier stuff but specific TBA and the Loads.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

The album feels like the Load and ....And Justice albums got together and made a baby, then raised that baby properly, with love and respect and metal in their hearts.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Well said. I agree.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Metallica has announced a NA stadium tour with support from either Avenged Sevenfold, Volbeat, and/or Gojira.

05/10 – Baltimore, Md. – M&T Bank Stadium*^
05/12 – Philadelphia, Pa. – Lincoln Financial Field*^
05/14 – East Rutherford, N.J. – MetLife Stadium*^
05/17 – Uniondale, N.Y. – New Coliseum^
05/19 – Boston, Mass. – Gillette Stadium ^
05/21 – Columbus, Ohio – Rock On The Range Festival (SOLD OUT)
06/04 – St. Louis, Mo. – Busch Stadium^
06/07 – Denver, Colo. – Sports Authority Field*^
06/11 – Houston, Texas – NRG Stadium*^
06/14 – San Antonio, Texas – Alamodome*
06/16 – Dallas, Texas – AT&T Stadium*
06/18 – Chicago, Ill. – Soldier Field*
07/05 – Orlando, Fla. – Camping World Stadium*^
07/07 – Miami, Fla. – Hard Rock Stadium*^
07/09 – Atlanta, Ga. – Suntrust Park*^
07/12 – Detroit, Mich. – Comerica Park*^
07/14 – Quebec City, Quebec- Festival D’Ete
07/16 – Toronto, Ontario – Rogers Centre*^
07/19 – Montreal, Quebec – Parc Jean-Drapeau*^
07/29 – Los Angeles, Calif. – Rose Bowl*+
08/04 – Phoenix, Ariz. – University of Phoenix Stadium*+
08/06 – San Diego, Calif. – Petco Park*+
08/09 – Seattle, Wash. – Centurylink Field*+
08/14 – Vancouver, British Columbia – BC Place*+
08/16 – Edmonton, Alberta – Commonwealth Stadium*+

*With Avenged Sevenfold
^With Volbeat
+With Gojira

http://loudwire.com/metallica-2017-nort ... ck=tsmclip

I'm very tempted at the Rose Bowl date as they have both A7X and Gojira supporting. I'll consider it if the right price intrigues me depending on where I am at in the job front.

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

I hate this whole trend of stadium tours. I saw Metallica twice at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL with the circle stage and there was not a bad seat in the house. I fear the acoustics will be bad especially the side seats. However, I'm still going to try and go and hopefully get some decent floor tickets.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh yeah, there's no better feeling to experience Metallica than an indoor arena with them being center stage. However, it's been 8 years since they did a full-on tour in NA. Lots of people is going to want to see them and Metallica, at their age, probably doesn't want to play too many shows at a time so, to them, this is a good option.

This tour will sell fast unless the promoters goes too crazy with the pricing.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'd definitely make the drive to one of the east coast shows if they weren't headlining ROTR. A7X and Volbeat as support is a really strong show.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

What's the price for this tour?

Ok, found it :lol

Toronto has only this on fan club pre sale
$186.25 - GA Floor
$186.25 - Reserved Price 1
$150.75 - Reserved Price 2

and USA generally- 55$-155$

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

Not a surprise honestly. They've only been the biggest metal/hard rock name for over 30 years.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

tzAB wrote:Not a surprise honestly. They've only been the biggest metal/hard rock name for over 30 years.
+really big support