The Official Art of Anarchy Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: The Official Art of Anarchy Thread

Post by chtimixeur »

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Any else get "Echo of a scream" rreleased from their pre order?
https://itun.es/au/6YH0hb?i=1204952303

A heavier song. I like it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Ahh I'm avoiding any new songs. Gonna wait until the album is released. Gonna buy AoA and the new Big wreck at the same time.

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

Shortman45 wrote:Any else get "Echo of a scream" rreleased from their pre order?
https://itun.es/au/6YH0hb?i=1204952303

A heavier song. I like it.
Yeah, looks like Loudwire is "exclusively" revealing it lol

http://loudwire.com/art-of-anarchy-echo ... -premiere/

Here's the lyric video:

Bonus: they just posted the meaning behind the song video too:

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Well, that's a very poppy song... But Scott sounds great.

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

"Changed Man" is available to download for preorders, and it is available on streaming services as well it seems.

If the other releases are anything to go by, another lyric video / behind the song video will be posted later today.

I'm liking the song, sounds like it could be their next single...very palatable pop rock radio type song.

rockmusic4ever
Brand New Start

Post by rockmusic4ever »

Here's the lyric video to Changed Man

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Well.... Not convincing. The last two released songs were both downers for me. Stapp Ballads apparently only work when Tremonti is around.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

"I'm not the man I used to be, I've changed"

Songs like this become kinda parodic after a while, though I guess he fucks things up often enough to kinda make it work. Still not a bad song, probably my favorite from the three we've heard so far, though the chorus sounds super familiar. Can't put my finger on it, but I'm pretty sure there's something in there that he's done already.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I can't quite put my finger on it, but this song seems a bit blandish for a ballad. Kinda reminds me of My Sacrifice or One Last Breath. It's interesting, but compare this song to say Tremonti's Unable to See, as both songs are in the category of a typical active-rock radio rock ballad, and the effort Mark put into the songwriting and "Changed Man" just pales in comparison to Unable to See, imo.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I like it a lot.
It does indeed sound very Creed-ish. I'm surprised he's struggling that much on a couple words during the chorus (for instance at 1:59), since his voice has sounded very strong recently.
The solo is a bit bland though, and the guitars should have been beefier IMO. From what I hear, they sound like they come out of a tiny amp.

But all in all, it's still a good song, and they need to push it on the radio and shoot a (cheesy) video for it.
Last edited by chtimixeur on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

In my opinion Bumblefoot has a pretty weird tone in general. The more often I listen to this song, the more it reminds me of some German Schlager song, with some guitars played over it. Dunno which song it reminds me of tho.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Honestly... I think the songs are pretty bad.. generic is the first thing that comes to mind. Echo of a Scream is probably the only one that I kinda like. Stapp sounds pretty good but the production on this album is just flat and lifeless. Underwhelming guitar tones, horrible drum tones... etc. etc. - I'll give the rest of the album a shot but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd rather have Stapp do another Proof of Life sounding album without the cheese of Jesus was a Rockstar of course lol I thought that album was well produced and had several good tunes.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Album is out today in the UK. Will give it a spin later. Its got pretty decent reviews from what I've read. I'm not expecting anything amazing, just decent rock album will satisfy me.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

It's a decent record. Sometimes a little too flashy, too poppy, but yea, I expected something worse. Bumblefoot did a solid job with some nice riffs, still he kinda butchers himself by using a 20 dollar Walmart amp. The album is basically a classic 6 or 7/10 and therefore by far the best Stapp album. Aside from the Creed stuff (obviously).
After the first listen, my favorite songs are: Won't Let You Down, Somber and No Surrender.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Just got home from work. Gonna pop my record in now and have a listen. Will update with my thoughts once finished.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Wew boy just finished the record. it's all around pretty darn good. Way better than proof of life. A few nitpics I'll just get out of the way.

1. This version of Somber blows in comparison to the original. The original version was way moodier, it had better tone and a better solo. I think Stapp also sounded better on it as well. But by itself it's not bad.

2. A light in me is probably my least favorite song. It just doesn't really stand out. It's not catchy.

3. I was actually disappointed in the amount of songs that weren't written by AoA as a band.

But that's pretty much it with the negatives based off my first listen. Stapps voice was much better here than on his last record. I think lyrically it was better as well. The songs are catchy and the guitars and drums really hit when they're needed - except on somber of course where the pacing of the song is kind of ruined.

And to take it from a different perspective I'll compare it to the last AoA album. Their sound is so different with this new record that it sounds like an entirely different band. I think this is a good thing. I doubt people will be going in to this thinking "This is the guy that replaced weiland? He sucks!" - if you catch my meaning. The two scotts sound nothing alike, it's like comparing apples to oranges. Also I think this record is actually better than the previous one, AoA which, although it had its moments, was not nearly as consistent as this new record.

So congratulations to AoA, not only did they manage to salvage their band from losing their lead singer (first he left and then passed away), they managed to put out a good follow up record as well.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Who produced the album ? Stapp said Howard Benson produced Changed Man, but did he record the rest of the album as well ?
Who wrote each song ?
I thought Stapp said they wrote songs in the Votta basement and it reminded him of early Creed jam sessions.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:Who produced the album ? Stapp said Howard Benson produced Changed Man, but did he record the rest of the album as well ?
Who wrote each song ?
I thought Stapp said they wrote songs in the Votta basement and it reminded him of early Creed jam sessions.
Bumblefoot produced the record.

Songs written by

1 song: AoA + david draiman, zac maloy, logan mader
2: scott stapp, zac maloy, blair daly
3. AoA
4. AoA
5.AoA
6.AoA
7.AoA, zac maloy, mark holman
8. scott stapp, alex bodnar
9. scott stapp, marti frederiksen
10. AoA

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

You guys worried me with Somber. The demo was moodier yes but the production on this is fantastic.

Drove over an hour to bestbuy today only to find out the closest copy of The Madness is over a hundred miles away......

Had I known I'd have just ordered it. My new car doesn't have an aux port (weird I know) just CDs, was a real disappointing ride back home...

Got a Sublime CD though. Cuz I don't cry when my dog runs away, I don't get angry at the bills I have to pay.....