The Official Art of Anarchy Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
rower1
Brand New Start

best songs by Art of Anarchy

Post by rower1 »

Im a big fan of Scott Stapp as a musician and his voice is amazing.Im very pleased that he is making more music and is in Art of Anarchy.I dont know much about the history of the group to be honest.Scott Weiland and Scott Stapp says it all.Great singers

What are some of the best ever songs from Arts of Anarchy?
Ebony rocker.

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: best songs by Art of Anarchy

Post by nagpo »

this is a troll account

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: The Official Art of Anarchy Thread

Post by chtimixeur »

The Weiland lawsuit was eerily similar

https://theblast.com/scott-weiland-art- ... y-lawsuit/
According to the suit, Weiland agreed to write and perform the lyrics for 10 songs for the band’s debut album. Vice says they paid Weiland $230,000 up front for his work.

But in 2014, before the release of the album, Vice says they became involved in several disputes with Weiland. They claim Weiland refused to help promote the album and take part in music videos.

Vice claims they finally reached an agreement with Weiland to promote the band, but he still refused to post a teaser for the band and continued to use his social media accounts to promote other projects over Art of Anarchy.

The final straw, Vice claims, was when Weiland said in an interview that Art of Anarchy was a “scam from the beginning.”

“I had them send me the files, and I worked in my studio with my engineer, and I wrote the lyrics and the melodies, and I sent them back,” he said in the interview. “I didn’t even know what their names were.”

Vice sued Weiland to recover their $230,000 and asked for an additional $20 million in damages for ruining any chance the album would be successful and for lost revenue for the planned tour and merchandise sales.

A month before the singer died from an overdose, Weiland counter-sued Vice and the Art of Anarchy bandmates, accusing them of unlawfully using his name and image to promote the band. He was asking for $2 million and sought an injunction against them from using his name to publicize the band.

rower1
Brand New Start

Scott Stapp Art of Anarchy

Post by rower1 »

Im listening to the Madness album by Art of Anarchy and Im enjoying it.Songs like the Afterburn,the madness,echo of a scream are excellent.

Am alone or are there any other fans of the Art of Anarchy on the site.
Ebony rocker.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Scott Stapp Art of Anarchy

Post by Mr. Slash »

Jesus Christ, there is already an Art of Anarchy thread on this forum.

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Scott Stapp Art of Anarchy

Post by nagpo »

Mr. Slash wrote:Jesus Christ, there is already an Art of Anarchy thread on this forum.
that dude is a troll don't pay any attention to him. They should have banned him already

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Hey folks, been absent from the forums for a while but just saw the reports of duplicate threads and merged them into this one.

As a reminder to all, please refrain from creating multiple threads on the same topic. :cheers

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's Bumblefoot talking about Art of Anarchy:

He's talking about Scott Weiland at 1h03mn.
He's mentioning Scott Stapp at 1h14mn11, but he says he can't talk about it, because their legal action is still not resolved.

Also, there's an article about it on Blabbermouth:
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/how-s ... chy-album/
In July 2015, Vice Inc., whose chief executive officer and principal executive officer are ART OF ANARCHY guitarist Jonathan Votta and drummer Vincent Votta, sued ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman Scott Weiland, alleging that he refused to help promote ART OF ANARCHY's debut album and take part in music videos after agreeing to write and perform the lyrics for 10 songs for the disc. According to The Blast, Vice said that it paid Weiland $230,000 upfront for his work.
Vice sued Weiland to recover its $230,000 and asked for an additional $20 million in damages.
and
In March 2017, ART OF ANARCHY issued its sophomore album, "The Madness", featuring Scott Stapp on vocals. Less than a year later, the founders of ART OF ANARCHY sued Stapp for allegedly refusing to tour with the band and participate in promotional photo and video shoots and publicity events. That $1.2-million lawsuit was filed in New York State Supreme Court by Vice, which claimed to have paid the CREED singer $200,000 for services to be rendered, which he asked to be treated as a loan, for tax purposes.
Will they find a third fool to sue? :rolleyes

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Honestly, Stapp did nothing wrong. He did photo shoots. He played with them live. He provided music and lyrics for the album. He did interviews and promo work. It seems to me bumblefoot and the others are toxic guys who simply dont get along with singers and blame them when things start going sour. Obviously I don't have access to their contract, I wonder if it explicitly stated how many shows was stapp supposed to do with them? How much of anything was good enough for them? I doubt it does.

I hope no other singer falls for this trap and gets caught in lawfare for 5+ years like stapp.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

This statement of theirs:

""If Stapp had dedicated himself to ART OF ANARCHY with the same fervor that he dedicated to his solo career, ART OF ANARCHY would have had a successful concert tour and its record contract would not have been terminated," the complaint stated. "

Would NOT hold up in court as well as saying 'the contract he signed specifically stated he agreed he would not do solo shows while on tour with AoA and did so anyways." THAT is a clear breach of contract and it seems they are trying to reframe the original contract so it seems that is the case. But it's obvious that's not what happened. Even if they did ask him not to do solo shows, he was not legally obligated not to do them. Their basis in the initial statement is a "what ifism" which has no clear basis or outcome because you can't be sure 100% that AoA would still have been successful or have kept their recording contract if he never did those shows or if he spent more time in front of a camera.

I think they blame their singers for their own failings. Neither record sold all that well from my knowledge and the members get bitter and sue the shit out the the singers. To say stapp had no skin in the game regarding the venture would be ridiculous. He contributed to the writing of every track. All the members spoke positively of stapp until after the record came out. What changed? Their record was not selling and filling seats. 'Their' being the keyword. A band is more than one person. The successes and failures of AOA or any band is not all on one person.

They're just bitter they didn't have him sign a more exclusive contract, for one. And two, they're bitter their record didn't do as well as the label wanted. Fuck them. I don't blame stapp for doing his own thing, where he probably makes more money and can surround himself with decent guys and not snakes.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

The Weiland album was awesome. I thought it showed a lot of potential from him and Art of Anarchy. The Madness was a very good rock album but it didn't have the same creative spark. I imagine that is because literally half the songs were unused Stapp solo ideas written with Zac Maloy, Fredericksen etc. I'm also still sore over how they butchered Somber.

I think Stapp''s passion is with his solo work now. The Space Between the Shadows had the artistic direction The Madness lacked. Honestly, I think Weiland and Stapp are too different for Art of Anarchy. They might find more balance with someone Toryn Green or Adam Gontier.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Naww, I wouldn't want to see Adam Gontier with Art of Anarchy. It probably would limit him. I really liked the Saint Asonia album, Flawed Design, they put out in 2019. I really felt like that album was close to reaching the potential him and Staind Guitarist Mike Mushnok has.

As for Stapp with Art of Anarchy, this may very well be one of the few rare cases that you cannot put all of that on Stapp for that band not working out in the end.

It's weird that Bumblefoot and John Moyer seems like level-headed guys that wants to be productive, as evident in stuff like Sons of Apollo and Disturbed, was a part of that.

Edit: Wait a minute, the Madness album was in 2017. Disturbed did some shows in early 2017 to finish off the Immortalized album tour so I don't know what's up with that statement. Also, Sons of Apollo's first album was in late 2017. So you are telling me that that's fair game, but Scott Stapp can't put as much effort into his solo stuff?

It's like if AB was not ok with Myles working with Slash (I'm personally not ok with that, but that's one irrelevant opinion since everyone else in AB is all on the same page with that when it comes to scheduling) or having a solo career or Mark having a solo career and we would all hate the band if they made a statement like Art of Anarchy did regarding Stapp.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

I just threw Adam in there since Art of Anarchy reminds me more of Three Days Grace musically than Creed or STP. I could Sully Erna in something like this also.

When I met Stapp, someone asked him what became of the leftover "Between Love and Lust" album, and he said half of the songs were reworked for Proof of Life and the other half were used on "a separate project", not even referring to Art of Anarchy by name. Sucks cause I really thought this would be a gateway to future connections with other established rockers.

For sure. Bumblefoot and John Moyer are in a ton of side projects. The funniest thing is Stapp focusing on his solo tour was apparently the reason for the lawsuit, yet Bumblefoot played lead guitar on Stapp's solo tour about a few months after The Madness came out! It sounds like the Vottas are trying to take a shortcut to the top. Considering that the music by Art of Anarchy (while good) isn't really on par with the best material by Stone Temple Pilots or Creed, its no surprise Weiland and Stapp just saw it as a side gig. I wonder what the circumstances with Stapp were. He spoke very highly of Art of Anarchy and even said after The Madness came out that he liked how he had new ideas for his future solo work, Creed and Art of Anarchy songs. Stapp's kid was born around the time he missed that video shoot too. Just seems like they really jumped to the lawsuit option before anything else.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

They've reunited with a new singer and bassist, with a third album due next year. Interestingly enough their new singer, Jeff Scott Soto, has a pretty rich discography. He's sang for Yngwie Malmsteen's solo band, Sons of Apollo with Bumblefoot and Mike Portnoy and he even sang for a band called Human Clay in the 90s! He was also in that movie Myles was in; Rock Star.

As for the song....its uhh.... something I guess. They should have tried harder for someone like Whitfield Crane or Brett Scallions. I think (lawsuits aside) having a singer established in the 90s added flavor to the music these guys like to play. It helps it stand out more. This sounds like some nothing band from the 80s, and the awkward PTSD/Joker message just feels out of place. Geoff Tate can't narrate for shit. I stand by Whitfield Crane being the best choice for these guys. His voice is alternative enough to keep them from sounding too 80s, yet he has the same influences as the other guys. It seems like he'd be able to speak their language better than Stapp and Weiland did. The new album cover looks pretty awful too. Here's Vilified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0YsFetchXQ

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I like Jeff Scott Soto as a vocalist sometimes. He also tours for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra when they do their Winter tour and he's always in the line-up when they come to California. I actually found his big spot to sing, This Christmas Day, to be one of the highlights of the show.

I guess it makes sense for him to be a part of Art of Anarchy due to his connection with Bumblefoot. I guess I wish them the best and hope for no strife.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

yeah that song sucks. it's boring and cringe.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:31 pm yeah that song sucks. it's boring and cringe.
Lol look at some of these songs on the tracklist

Echo Your Madness
The Good, The Bad and The Insane
Blind Man's Victory.

Gee I wonder who these are about

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

That song is indeed boring, especially if you compare it to the material they did with Weiland and Stapp, which wasn't mindblowing in the first place.
I already feel sorry for the new singer who's likely to get sued like the previous two in a few years.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:56 pm
nagpo wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:31 pm yeah that song sucks. it's boring and cringe.
Lol look at some of these songs on the tracklist

Echo Your Madness
The Good, The Bad and The Insane
Blind Man's Victory.

Gee I wonder who these are about
Blind mans victory? Did stapp win the case against him in some way?
chtimixeur wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:21 am That song is indeed boring, especially if you compare it to the material they did with Weiland and Stapp, which wasn't mindblowing in the first place.
I already feel sorry for the new singer who's likely to get sued like the previous two in a few years.
Yeah I hope he doesn't get sued. But these guys are vindictive and use singers and throw them away. I actually thought the stapp album was decent and better than the weiland record. Honestly, I'm almost surprised they're even continuing the band.

I think Stapps recent single is better than theirs as well. So I think Stapp did win in the end. He can make better music alone than with them. Most of the lyrical content on his AOA album was written by him and somber was straight up an old song done by him and alex bodnar. And the AOA version sucked in comparison. Bumblefoot sucks. GNR was like "We need a replacement for Slash." And some guy in the room said "don't worry, I got this bumblefuck guy"

Anyways, if the records with weiland and stapp didn't work, why would this one be any different? This singer is even less recognizable. He may have been on a lot of stuff, but when people hear weiland and stapp they know who that is. I don't recognize this guy at all. He sounds like every other rock singer. The problem with this band is not the singer, but the musicians, who for the life of them can't create the type of success they seem to think they're deserved.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Bumblefoot is honestly a really good guy. He's an amazing guitarist and at one time he was Stapp's friend. He even toured with him which was odd since apparently Stapp's solo career was a conflict of interest for AOA. But yeah there's this morbid vindictiveness looming over their third album.

Weiland and Stapp are among my favorite artists ever so the fact that Art of Anarchy worked with both is neat enough of a coincidence for me to buy their new album. Its also their longest record based off the song lengths and I am curious about the (seemingly) diss songs to Weiland and Stapp.

But I agree with everything you said. I hate this guy's voice and there's nothing unique about it. His range is impressive but his actual voice is stale, and aside from Sons of Apollo the metal he plays has zero appeal to me. I really do think Weiland and Stapp carried those Art of Anarchy records. Musically this new song is no different from what they've done before but it sounds awful because of how cliche the lyrics and singing are.

The production and playing sounds natural on Vilified but other than that Higher Power is a million times better.