P.O.D. (yes, P.O.D.)

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
poshisjarker
White Knuckled

P.O.D. (yes, P.O.D.)

Post by poshisjarker »

Anybody here care for POD? One of my favorite bands...i've always thought their combo of metal, hiphop, rock, and reggae is so interesting. And people just ignore them as just some other "nu metal" band which is beyond stupid...they had a run of four albums where they could barely do wrong imo. Fundamental Elements, Satellite, Payable on Death, and Testify.
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Re: P.O.D. (yes, P.O.D.)

Post by poshisjarker »

Here's a couple of my favorites...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q5W8m1ovqo (KILLER TUNE...i've always been bummed that this song wasn't huge)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJxhK93Ti4M (another album opener that absolutely rips...the verse/chorus combo is so wicked...fresh to my ears every time. quite unique)

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

And i'll add one more thing...if you're not familiar with them or have assumed you just wouldn't care for them, i ask that you at least give them a chance. Odds are...they'll surprise you and not be what you expect. One can like their style or not, but the truth is that they're a very interesting band. And that's the thing...they have a definite style that they made their own. I appreciate the rainbow unicorns of the music world lol. I really do think POD is one of them. They've never really sounded like any other band. But anyway i could go on here for years...they are one of a handful of bands that i perceive to be either misunderstood/ignored/missed out on/you name it. So I am an advocate for giving these guys a fair shake.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Only listened to Satellite and a couple other songs off other albums but I really dig a lot of what I've heard.
Thanks Timo!

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

austinjhnsn wrote:Only listened to Satellite and a couple other songs off other albums but I really dig a lot of what I've heard.
Awesome! Yeah Satellite's a cool tune. Satellite (the album) is great and might be the best way to start with POD. I think it's actually my least favorite of the big four, however. Testify is probably top for me.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I used to listen to Testify a lot when it was just released. They're a christian band, so I was allowed to listen to them back then :lol I haven't heard much of the other albums besides the big hits (Youth of the Nation, Boom, Alive..)

I heard some of the new songs from the album they released last year, and I can't say I was really impressed with it. Seems like they're one of those bands who are stuck in the 00's.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Timotheus wrote:I used to listen to Testify a lot when it was just released. They're a christian band, so I was allowed to listen to them back then :lol I haven't heard much of the other albums besides the big hits (Youth of the Nation, Boom, Alive..)

I heard some of the new songs from the album they released last year, and I can't say I was really impressed with it. Seems like they're one of those bands who are stuck in the 00's.
Yeah their most recent album kinda sucks lol...in fact, their last three albums are all quite flawed. (Murdered Love has a few great songs though) They somehow just lost their edge and creativity. i think their guitarist kinda plateaued years ago. Marcos, that is. He was great on Satellite and FEOS, though. Jason Truby (Payable and Testify) was a better guitarist. But yeah...bottomline is that the fours albums i mentioned are the only ones that really matter outside of Murdered Love lol. Very strong albums worth checking and it's unfortunate that they've lost their flair