The Offical HANDFUL OF CALEB Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Drivenunder4
Hardcore TABN'er

The Offical HANDFUL OF CALEB Thread

Post by Drivenunder4 »

My best friend is a bassist and named Caleb. We've been in multiple bands together and an ongoing inside joke has been he's always wanted to name every band "Handful of Caleb". Well he now works a job in New York but all his family and friends (including me) live in Mississippi. Caleb was home for a few months but had to go back to work so his brother (who is a drummer) and I bought a few hours of studio time one week before he left.. Which meant we had to write a song as well as record it in one Week.

So I give you the product of the experiment.. "By Design". We have one more final mix before it's released to iTunes but would love to get your opinions on it so far! It's also the first time I've ever sang lead vocals on a song so I'm curious to hear feedback even if it's brutal.

Handful of Caleb is
Caleb Herrington - Bass
Colby Herrington - Drums
Dillon Douglas - Guitars and Vocals

EDIT: The song is now released and available for purchase at the below links! Hope you guys enjoy it!
iTunes Link
Google Play Link
CDBaby Link
Last edited by Drivenunder4 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: The Offical HANDFUL OF CALEB Thread

Post by Timotheus »

You have a really cool voice. Very grungy. Nice job!

The song is pretty cool. The chorus gave me a Heart-Shaped Box vibe, but not in a bad way. More like an upbeat execution of the same idea. The bridge and the guitar solo were my favorite parts. Nice use of panning in the solo.

But I can't be the only one who thinks "Handful of Caleb" sounds a bit... wrong? :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Drivenunder4
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Drivenunder4 »

Timotheus wrote: But I can't be the only one who thinks "Handful of Caleb" sounds a bit... wrong? :D
:lol I think that's the point. It means exactly what it sounds like lol.

And thanks for the feedback! That's a huge compliment comparing it to Nirvana. I realized it had a bit of that in it once we finished recording. I'm really proud of that solo too. Glad you liked it!

Drivenunder4
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Drivenunder4 »

By Design is now available for purchase! The links are in the first post