*The Official Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread*

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

*The Official Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread*

Post by facelessman07 »

Searched and didn't see any threads devoted exclusively to the majesty that is RHCP. One of my favorite all time bands with one of my all time favorite guitarists, John Frusciante

New single "Dark Necessities" drops tomorrow. Anxious to see how the sound is now, this being their second album since Frusciante left...again :( :( :(

The iconic lineup that will always be the RHCP

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: *The Official Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread*

Post by Timotheus »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/qJ_Tw0w3lLA[/youtube]

Pretty awesome song. Definitely a step up from I'm With You. Love the piano.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Yeah, I enjoy the slap bass and the guitar solo at the end

Overall I'd say it's a good song, but it's just missing something IMO. We just got spoiled all those years when John was putting out insanely good material

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Oh, in case no one heard, Elton John will make an appearance on this album. Definitely looking forward to that track

"The Getaway" drops June 17th

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I absolutely love that piano part in the new song...probably my favorite part of the entire track

Hopefully the song with Elton John is mainly piano

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I really like the production. Beautiful mix. It's like a new landscape, but still RHCP.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Not that impressed with the new album honestly

Although you've got a few fans on Reddit that are claiming it's better than Californication, By The Way, and Stadium Arcadium. Lol. Homer fans do this every time a band they love releases a new album. Statements like that make you lose all credibility

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's as bland and boring as you can get.
Time to hang it up.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Well in my opinion it shits all over I'm With You and I would rank it on par with By The Way bellow Californication and Stadium Arcadium. They are my favorite band but I'm not a homer, I hated I'm With You when it came out and I hate it now too

Goodbye Angels is the best song they wrote since Don't Forget Me (2002)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

There are a few really good songs. For the rest it's okay. I'd probably rank it on par with I'm With You, which I thought was not as bad as people claimed it to be.

The ending of Goodbye Angels was incredible.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I didn't at all like I'm With You, but Did I Let You Know was a fantastic song. Everytime I hear the chorus of Raindance Maggie I start to cringe, oh Anthony

As good as Klinghoffer is as a multi-instrumentalist, and I have immense respect for his talent, I think with two albums under his belt people can see just how good John Frusciante really was. Man I miss that guy

I dunno, some of the vocals just sound so forced and out of place. Can't believe I'm saying this but I enjoy One Hot Minute more than their latest 2 albums. Songs like Warped, Aeroplane, and Walkabout were great

I wish I had been of age in their heyday so I could've truly enjoyed just how special they once were

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Nicklord wrote:Well in my opinion it shits all over I'm With You and I would rank it on par with By The Way bellow Californication and Stadium Arcadium. They are my favorite band but I'm not a homer, I hated I'm With You when it came out and I hate it now too

Have you heard some of the By The Way b-sides? Remarkable songs, absolutely beautiful from top to bottom

Someone, Body of Water, & Rivers of Avalon are two that come to mind. It feels funny even calling their songs b-sides, because the quality of songs are on par, and some are even better, than the ones that made the album cut

It was actually supposed to be a double album if I remember correctly. Hopefully those punk rock songs they wrote will one day grace our ears with their presence

They have soooooooo much unreleased material
Last edited by facelessman07 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

facelessman07 wrote:I wish I had been of age in their heyday so I could've truly enjoyed just how special they once were
Yea, definitely. Though live they're still really good. I saw them with Klinghoffer last album cycle and they blew me away.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Pretty weird that the recent album gets pretty decent reviews. Kinda surprising after the posts i read in this thread.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Okay, I just spent 40 minutes of my life giving that album a shot. chtimixeur's opinion fits mine pretty well. That album is nothing more than radio rock. I'm totally missing the dirt and especially pace.
chtimixeur wrote:It's as bland and boring as you can get.
Time to hang it up.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

facelessman07 wrote:
Nicklord wrote:Well in my opinion it shits all over I'm With You and I would rank it on par with By The Way bellow Californication and Stadium Arcadium. They are my favorite band but I'm not a homer, I hated I'm With You when it came out and I hate it now too

Have you heard some of the By The Way b-sides? Remarkable songs, absolutely beautiful from top to bottom

Someone, Body of Water, & Rivers of Avalon are two that come to mind. It feels funny even calling their songs b-sides, because the quality of songs are on par, and some are even better, than the ones that made the album cut

It was actually supposed to be a double album if I remember correctly. Hopefully those punk rock songs they wrote will one day grace our ears with their presence

Yeah, if By The Way had better tracklist from those songs recorded at that time it would be the best RHCP album ever. Add Fortune Faded (that first version from 2001) Body of Water, Avalon and Time instead of lets say Warm Tape, Midnight, Tear and On Mercury :humina

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Mr. Slash wrote:Okay, I just spent 40 minutes of my life giving that album a shot. chtimixeur's opinion fits mine pretty well. That album is nothing more than radio rock. I'm totally missing the dirt and especially pace.
chtimixeur wrote:It's as bland and boring as you can get.
Time to hang it up.
Here's the thing, even their albums with Frusciante had an element of radio rock to it. But, the music also had soul. There was just something "different" about those albums, something that made them stick with you

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Nicklord wrote:
facelessman07 wrote:

Yeah, if By The Way had better tracklist from those songs recorded at that time it would be the best RHCP album ever. Add Fortune Faded (that first version from 2001) Body of Water, Avalon and Time instead of lets say Warm Tape, Midnight, Tear and On Mercury :humina
You don't like Warm Tape, Midnight, or Mercury?!?! Those songs are euphoric IMO

But The Zephyr Song is probably one of my all time favorite songs. I love playing it on guitar. When you learn to play some of those tunes, you gain a deeper understanding and respect of the type of mind it took to come up with such music.

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

Just going to come out and say it - the new album is shite!

I don't like it. I can't get through it.

Every time I try, it's just a big no-no.

:slam :slam

Put Stadium Arcadium on in the car the other day, a much, much better album. I forgot how good that (and By The Way and Californication) is.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Lukeage wrote:Just going to come out and say it - the new album is shite!

I don't like it. I can't get through it.

Every time I try, it's just a big no-no.

:slam :slam

Put Stadium Arcadium on in the car the other day, a much, much better album. I forgot how good that (and By The Way and Californication) is.
Yeah, all 3 of those are absolute classics. Had the name "Red Hot Chili Peppers" not been on this album, people would've forgotten about it by now