Adele

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Jim
Blood Machines

Adele

Post by Jim »

I had the utmost pleasure of witnessing Adele in concert 2 nights ago, and it was absolutely breathtaking. She was flawless, and humble. The show was very down to earth and showed off her talent and personality perfectly.

I've been a HUGE fan of hers for 5/6 years now and '25' has only made my love for her even stronger. The girl is the best in the business, a modern day Michael Jackson. An enigma dripping with class, with the world and 'fame' industry in the state it is in now, she is a breath of fresh air with every note she sings or has sang..

My highlights from the show were...
Hello
Make You Feel My Love (the entire arena lit up for her, it was BEAUTIFUL
Sweetest Devotion
Someone Like You
When We Were Young

The space between each song being performed is where you really get the feeling that you're close to her. Even more so than you already do having viewed her online and TV.. She's SO beautiful humble and normal, fame hasn't phased her whatsoever. I love her

Anyone else?

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Adele

Post by AllC392Was »

I like Mark Tremonti.

Joking aside.. She is very smart and talented. I haven't listened to her music really, but perhaps I should.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I like a lot of her music. When You Were Young is my favorite song from the new album. Million Years Ago is amazing as well. I'd love to see her live one day. She's definitely one of those artists that's going to be remembered. Still so young as well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AliceMudgarden
White Knuckled

Post by AliceMudgarden »

Yeah, she's very talented. Didn't really care for 19, 21 was good, but my favorite album of hers is definitely 25. My favorite song from 25 is River Lea. Other favorites from 25 are: Love in the Dark, All I Ask, Send My Love (To Your New Lover), When We Were Young and Million Years Ago.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Yeah, she's a darlin'. I have 21 and 25, both good albums. Not normally a genre I go for but she a proper pop-star (nay, musician) who can actually write and sing without auto-tune. Few and far between.

facepollution
Bought The CDs

Post by facepollution »

I ended up seeing her a couple of weeks ago with my family, a ticket became spare at the last minute so I thought why not? When we got to the O2 arena and found our seats, my mum had a panic attack (they were way up in the rafters!). My sister went and found the customer service people to see if we could be reseated. After much waiting, they gave us seats one block from the main stage and right next to the smaller stage in the middle - apparently these seats were going for £600+!!

Anyway, she was indeed flawless - the power in her voice is ridiculous. I'd go so far as to say she's probably the best live singer I've ever seen. I know when some artists get really popular that it's easy to forget what's special about them, but after seeing her live she's quite clearly a cut above the vast majority of pop performers out there.