Disturbed's David Draiman goes off on fan during concert

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Disturbed's David Draiman goes off on fan during concert

Post by PRS10Top »

http://loudwire.com/texting-audience-me ... d-draiman/

Apparently the woman was on her phone texting her daughter who was coming home during a hail storm. I definitely see the man's point, it would be a little disheartening to be performing your ass off on stage to someone who is apparently uninterested, but part of me also think it comes with the territory.

Look at it from the other side, the woman is with her husband and they sacrificed money, time, and potentially being with their kids during a storm because seeing this band was so important to them. But that's not enough of an honor for Mr. David?

After all of these years, you'd think he'd have grown a thicker skin by now. Why not do the professional thing and either ignore it or say something like "can everyone please put their phones away for the rest of the show" and not call someone out explicitly?

He complains that everyone is rude during this "internet age," but to me, he seems to be the one acting entitled.

Am I wrong?

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Disturbed's David Draiman goes off on fan during concert

Post by AllC392Was »

Fan's can do whatever they want. They paid for it. I saw something like it sold out in 48 hours and that fans would kill to be at that show and shes texting. He could have asked security to remove her or tell her to put it down.

There are other ways of doing that peacefully

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I saw that video a couple days ago. I personally think there wasn't a need to single her out and complain to her. David should have just let it go and continued on with the show instead of stopping it just to get angry at a fan for being on their cellphone. And he doesn't know why they're on the cell in the first place so I would think thats a bit reckless too. Maybe something terrible happened and someone was trying to contact them? And it's not like he doesn't have thousands of other screaming fans he can focus on.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I get that he takes it personally. He's supposed to entertain her and in his mind it isn't working.

The way he handled it is childish though. He's the performer, not the other way around. She doesn't owe him anything.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

No surprise, I would have fallen asleep if it had been me.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: he doesn't know why they're on the cell in the first place so I would think thats a bit reckless too.
This.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Honestly, from what I gather, he should fucking thanking them for coming in the first place. Does a beginning band get pissed when somebody gets on their phone during a performance? No. They're thankful that somebody's paying them so they can continue playing. This guys acting like a entitled douche.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Well Drainman also shamed two Marylin Manson fans once in front of a much bigger crowd.

Green_Hammock
Brand New Start

Post by Green_Hammock »

This guy is a tool, and his music sucks as well.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Ya I can just not get into bands like Disturbed or Avenged Sevenfold. I mean, I've tried. I did my due diligence. I was like "You know. There must be something I'm missing here. Let me flip the album again."

I've come to the realization that its just not good music

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It may not be good music to you, but they must be doing something right if they are headlining and drawing big crowds. You think that it could be a possibility that maybe their music had gotten many people out of hard times. It is just the case where it's just not for us.

Still, I don't mind it if AB takes a supporting role in a tour for a band like A7X, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, etc. if it gets AB a chance to get their music to be played in front of an arena crowd setting in the states.

\m/Tremonster\m/
White Knuckled

Post by \m/Tremonster\m/ »

A7X is great. Not sure why so many people hate them. That being said, they were much better when The Rev was drummer.

I don't listen to them much, but I am fond of Afterlife.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

anguyen92 wrote:It may not be good music to you, but they must be doing something right if they are headlining and drawing big crowds. You think that it could be a possibility that maybe their music had gotten many people out of hard times. It is just the case where it's just not for us.

Still, I don't mind it if AB takes a supporting role in a tour for a band like A7X, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, etc. if it gets AB a chance to get their music to be played in front of an arena crowd setting in the states.
Or its just because different countries have different preferences. I love AB. But they do terrible in the United States. They literally draw crowds 8-10 times the size of United States crowds on a nightly basis overseas.

And if Avenged Sevenfold is the music that "gets you out of hard times", I'm seriously concerned about what your hard times were

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AB23 wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:It may not be good music to you, but they must be doing something right if they are headlining and drawing big crowds. You think that it could be a possibility that maybe their music had gotten many people out of hard times. It is just the case where it's just not for us.

Or its just because different countries have different preferences. I love AB. But they do terrible in the United States. They literally draw crowds 8-10 times the size of United States crowds on a nightly basis overseas.

And if Avenged Sevenfold is the music that "gets you out of hard times", I'm seriously concerned about what your hard times were
A lot of Nightmare is about dealing with death. There are some beautiful and meaningful lyrics on that album.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

\m/Tremonster\m/
White Knuckled

Post by \m/Tremonster\m/ »

Timotheus wrote:
AB23 wrote:

A lot of Nightmare is about dealing with death. There are some beautiful and meaningful lyrics on that album.
Fitting lyrics too considering The Rev wrote them just before his death. Pretty certain the theme was intentional.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

AB23 wrote:I've come to the realization that its just not good music
AB23 wrote:And if Avenged Sevenfold is the music that "gets you out of hard times", I'm seriously concerned about what your hard times were
Holy. Condescending and judgmental, much?

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

\m/Tremonster\m/ wrote:A7X is great. Not sure why so many people hate them. That being said, they were much better when The Rev was drummer.

I don't listen to them much, but I am fond of Afterlife.
What, was Rev just THAT good of a drummer or something?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

He was not just a good drummer. To most people, he was also a good songwriter/lyricist/backing vocalist and people felt A7X was missing something vital when he passed away similar to people feeling that Metallica was missing something when Cliff Burton passed away (even though they achieved success and be the biggest metal band in the world).

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, he was a big part of their sound.

I loved Portnoy's drumming on Nightmare though, but a lot of that had been written already if I remember correctly.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

devv88 wrote:
AB23 wrote:I've come to the realization that its just not good music
AB23 wrote:And if Avenged Sevenfold is the music that "gets you out of hard times", I'm seriously concerned about what your hard times were
Holy. Condescending and judgmental, much?
hahahaha you must be new here

clearly i know nothing about the bands other than the fact that I don't like that type of metal. So why would you take me seriously