Sick Puppies Unveil New Lead Singer/Guitarist

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
JaredWard
Blood Machines

Re: The Official Sick Puppies Thread

Post by JaredWard »

Andy92 wrote:Have you heard What Are You Thinking? It's got more of the Tri-Polar sound to it imo.
I don't think so.. I'll have to check it out.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

The Official Sick Puppies Thread

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Say hello to Bryan Scott! I'm personally very excited for this :peace

[youtube]http://youtu.be/5q8yEG2yKTk[/youtube]

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I have a new sick puppies song. Its so fucking kick ass. I wish they'd release it to the public haha. I only have about a 1:30 second portion of it, but I bet its a hit single when its released.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

AB23 wrote:I have a new sick puppies song. Its so fucking kick ass. I wish they'd release it to the public haha. I only have about a 1:30 second portion of it, but I bet its a hit single when its released.
I just saw your post on the World Crew forum :lol

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I have to get this figured out

JaredWard
Blood Machines

The Official Sick Puppies Thread

Post by JaredWard »

Tried to merge this thread with the The Official Sick Puppies Thread but the name stayed the same. Anyway... feel free to discuss.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Sick Puppies Unveil New Lead Singer/Guitarist

Post by cheesedip1 »

Woah, new lead singer....

Why did this happen?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I never heard the exact reason, I just remember Shimon left the band. Seemed to me like Emma and Mark were interested in parting ways with him. Not sure how the decision was reached to let Emma and Mark carry on with the Sick Puppies name.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Ignore my last post. I just remembered that I read some stuff about them.

From what I could tell Shimon was saying that the others kicked him out, but they were saying that he left of his own accord. It's a he said/she said thing. I have no idea whose side of the story to believe. Of course, maybe there is a third side to the story idk.

I always liked their songs Maybe, Ur going down, Riptide and Odd One.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Apparently there's a big announcement coming today. Hoping for a single!

Update: They're headlining Hard Drive Live this year. Cool news, but bummed it wasn't a single yet. :slam

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

They released that single for all that are interested.

Go to Itunes and search "Dallas Stars" and The Rising should be the first one.

Upon first spin, I assure all of you the song sounds cooler in a sold out hockey arena haha. Sounds very produced. But still, not bad.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You know something? I'm really enjoying their newest album, Fury, a lot. There's a good amount of replay value in like every song in the album to me. Sure, it could sound like a typical modern radio rock album, but there's something in this album that pops out to me well to take good notice. New singer sounds all right unlike that new singer for Three Days Grace.

Favorites, so far, is Where Do I Begin, Just The Beginning, Walls (You Changed), Earth To You, and Here With You.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Other than a couple of songs I thought it was super bland. Shimon's voice and songwriting was what made the band special.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

I thought a lot of Shimon's songwriting came off as campy and immature at times, I think Bryan and Emma are trying to go for something a little more refined. It does sound a little more "modern rock" but it's got a lot of heart in it and you actually get to hear Emma rip again on bass. Connect was such a disappointment in that regard to me.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Jaded Rescue wrote:I thought a lot of Shimon's songwriting came off as campy and immature at times, I think Bryan and Emma are trying to go for something a little more refined. It does sound a little more "modern rock" but it's got a lot of heart in it and you actually get to hear Emma rip again on bass. Connect was such a disappointment in that regard to me.
I agree with pretty much all of this. Shimon was unique, but I wasn't a fan of everything he wrote. Emma really shines on the new album and I love that part about it even if the songs are generic at times. It's tons better than Connect.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I'm surprised no one posted anything about SHIM's solo album. Its definitely a different vibe from Sick Puppies but there are some solid songs here for sure. I met him twice within the past year and he's a great person. Sick Puppies are also in the process of following up Fury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_q2fSrsm3c

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Why would Shim the lead singer keep touring if they kicked him out (because he tried to dissolve the band)?

Like, if he wanted to dissolve the band and stop making music, why would he be touring solo now? Maybe he wanted to get rid of the band just because and just start doing a solo project? But like, why wouldnt he just leave the band and start a solo project on good terms if he was tired of doing Sick Puppies anymore? Why just try to get the band dissolved? Out of spite or something?

Hmm, well, if he views himself as the owner of the band, then maybe he thinks it shouldn't exist without him.

Is he right to feel this way? I mean why not just leave on good terms? Like with what happened with Flyleaf or Saliva.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

cheesedip1 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:34 pm Why would Shim the lead singer keep touring if they kicked him out (because he tried to dissolve the band)?

Like, if he wanted to dissolve the band and stop making music, why would he be touring solo now? Maybe he wanted to get rid of the band just because and just start doing a solo project? But like, why wouldnt he just leave the band and start a solo project on good terms if he was tired of doing Sick Puppies anymore? Why just try to get the band dissolved? Out of spite or something?

Hmm, well, if he views himself as the owner of the band, then maybe he thinks it shouldn't exist without him.

Is he right to feel this way? I mean why not just leave on good terms? Like with what happened with Flyleaf or Saliva.

He explains it here

https://youtu.be/6p57UpeSU-A

Devil Inside You
Isolated

But even that video doesn't answer every question. They should have just worked it out honestly. SHIM's solo album kicked ass. I loved it and its very much a Sick Puppies album but he hasn't done anything since then. The album Emma made was fine. It was like new Three Days Grace. Solid rock but lacking any identity

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Okay. Thanks for the update.

And I agree that it didn’t answer everything. Could just be music business stuff, who knows.