The Official PVRIS Thread!!!

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

The Official PVRIS Thread!!!

Post by mockingbird »

Who here likes Pvris, seen them live?
I love them, gonna see them in Amsterdam. Just one thing bothers me, Lynn's voice live sometimes sounds, tired? It seems she's very anxious and sleeping problems, but other times she's even more powerful than in the studio. Anyways, I would definitely recommend them if you don't know them.

AHart96
Rise Today

Re: The Official PVRIS Thread!!!

Post by AHart96 »

Just got introduced to this band last week while I was traveling home from Europe (Paris, oddly enough), and I'm already a BIG fan. Lynn Gunn has a tremendous voice, some people have compared her to Haley Williams. Definitely more of an EDM/synth-based sound, but they incorporate rock nicely. Shea, think of a more electronic VERIDIA with just as awesome vocals. Highly highly recommend this band.

For some of their rock side, check out:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/i1y0y1EDcHM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Y1TNqdp4WoA[/youtube]

And here's the title track of their debut album, one of their slower songs that really highlights Lynn's voice:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/nJ3jl794mGs[/youtube]

Some more songs to check out: You and I, Smoke, St. Patrick, and My House
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Heard some of their stuff when they released their debut album, but wasn't really blown away by it. Re-listening to these songs, I think I judged too soon back then. White Noise is awesome. You and I as well.
Last edited by Timotheus on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AHart96 wrote: Shea, think of a more electronic VERIDIA with just as awesome vocals. Highly highly recommend this band.
Listening to the album on Spotify now. I'll let you know what I think in a bit.
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Alright so I'm on track 6/12 so far and I like the singers voice, but personally it's nothing special. Deena Jakoub from VERIDIA has better vocals, IMO. If we're basing it off that comparison, Hartie.

And the emphasis on electronics is not something I am a fan of. I'd much rather there be heavy guitars, guitar solos, and bombastic drums and bass then electro.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Alright so I'm on track 6/12 so far and I like the singers voice, but personally it's nothing special. Deena Jakoub from VERIDIA has better vocals, IMO. If we're basing it off that comparison, Hartie.

And the emphasis on electronics is not something I am a fan of. I'd much rather there be heavy guitars, guitar solos, and bombastic drums and bass then electro.
The comparison I was going for was incorporating electronic elements with rock, two very distinct vocals though. I prefer Lynn's vocals actually. May not be for everyone :) It took more than one listen for me so never say never
Rock Never Dies

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

I personally prefer heavier music but I like Pvris because it's different. Saw them live in April though, very nice live band! I quite like the blend between electronics and instruments, but then again, my dream sound would be a blend of Tremonti/AB and Pvris, we'll so how that works out sooner or later...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

mockingbird wrote:my dream sound would be a blend of Tremonti/AB and Pvris, we'll so how that works out sooner or later...
I think if I were to ever have another band I obsessed over as much as AB or a "dream sound", it'd probably be AB but with Amy Lee, Lacey Sturm, or Cristina Scabbia as the vocalist. I guess that shows you how much the instrumentalists of the bands influence the sound :lol

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

New album "All We Know of Heaven, All We Need of Hell" out Aug. 4th! One of my most anticipated releases of the year, truly enjoyed their debut album "White Noise"

Much better than that new shit Paramore is putting out
Rock Never Dies