Joe Bonamassa

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
luke62
White Knuckled

Joe Bonamassa

Post by luke62 »

I went through all 15 pages of this forum and didn't see a thread on Joe. Any other fans out there?

He's right there with Mark on being my favorite guitarist. I ran across his Royal Albert Hall concert a few years back on PBS (lol). The guy can play. He used to play for B.B. King when he was a kid. His collection of guitars is MASSIVE.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Joe Bonamassa

Post by Dan Dando »

I've only seen/heard bits and pieces but I absolutely love the performance of 'Mountain Time' from the Royal Albert Hall show. I do like his cover of Leonard Cohen's 'Bird on a Wire' as well.

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

New album out on March 25. New single, "Drive," dropped today. Smooth sounding song for sure!

Anyccka
Bought The CDs

Post by Anyccka »

Here please!
I love his music, because I think Joe is one of the kind. I was at three his own shows here in Czech Republic and one with BCC. That was at a litlle local outdoor scene, raining during the show and with an old castle in the background on the hill, with their great music that was truly magical experience. Pity, that they broke up!
If somebody here want to see great musician to play a great show, try Bonamassa´s PinkPop 2014 gig.

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

New album is worth hearing.

There's not a bad song on it.

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

Since initially posting this thread, I've accumulated a number of Joe's albums. He's got a wide-range of songs, something for everybody. My dad even loves him.

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

I'm a long time fan.

He's got a work ethic to be fair. But I find that I can't keep up with it all. That said I only really buy his studio stuff. I don't care for the live stuff too much. There's never anything new on them except I quite like the acoustic Vienna album for the really wacky arrangements of some of his older songs!