Guns N Roses (original line up)

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
benjoAB
White Knuckled

Guns N Roses (original line up)

Post by benjoAB »

Hey

Lots of rumours about this happening...anyone believe it? I thought slash was recording a new record with Myles and co and touring with them possibly next year?

Looks like we will know on Friday either way

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Guns-N-Roses ... story.html

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Guns N Roses (original line up)

Post by Timotheus »

Can't see it not happening. Nothing has been denied yet after all these weeks.

I'm mostly excited about this because there will be more breathing room for AB. Hopefully Slash will stick with GNR.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: This is a long post. I should not be invested in this.

Post by anguyen92 »

benjoAB wrote:Hey

Lots of rumours about this happening...anyone believe it? I thought slash was recording a new record with Myles and co and touring with them possibly next year?

Looks like we will know on Friday either way

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Guns-N-Roses ... story.html
Well, we got some credible sources that stated that Slash will record another album with Myles and the Conspirators after Myles records AB V. As for the release and the tour? Not happening in the middle of the year, as I thought it would be at around August. I don't know when they will release it and do the tour, but, at the very least, I just hope it is after AB V gets its due in the touring sense that Fortress didn't (quite unlikely, it's good to dream sometimes.)

Now then, as for my thoughts on the rumors regarding the GNR reunion. On the one hand, with my "moving forward" mentality, I cannot see this working well in terms of everyone feeling satisfied and have a good working relationship. I feel like I've been spoiled by my perception regarding how Rush and Iron Maiden did on their current runs after they reformed with a definitive line-up where they were not only doing great tours with a new generation watching them, but they were releasing some killer new material in the process.

I can't see GNR do their reunion as well as Rush and Iron Maiden, imo. Sure, they can pretty sell-out any venue in the world that they want, but where do they go from there after a couple of months? Do they just go their own ways and go back to where they were before (Slash working with Myles and Conspirators and Duff working with his various projects, I'm still waiting for the next Walking Papers album, damn it, and Axl doing nothing?) To me, I feel like that's a little short-changing the fans there, imo.

On the other hand, with my "I'm on the side that gets Alter Bridge busy," mentality, screw the 1st mentality, Slash can go ahead and go to GNR if he wants, as oppose to the more stability lifestyle he's got working with Myles and the Conspirators, (and in the process monopolizing Myles' time, but that's a different topic for another day) and if the GNR reunion does not pan out to his satisfaction, I just hope he does not bother Myles (he probably will, and I'll be sad in the process, but oh well. Life sucks and then you die and whatnot.) when AB is active and running.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: This is a long post. I should not be invested in this.

Post by Timotheus »

anguyen92 wrote:I'm still waiting for the next Walking Papers album
Yea, whatever happened to that?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I've been meaning to post in the Walking Papers thread asking about it. I remember some post on Facebook from them saying it was recorded earlier in the year and they were looking for labels. I really hope it gets released as Walking Papers are too good of a band to fade away, but they've not done anything in such a long time, just as they were picking up steam as well.

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

2017 will be the test of the water, as 2016 will be a tie your stuff together year. Slash will do his final summer festival dates, Mark will do his tour cycle for Dust with Wolfgang returning to the fold, Brian will probably do a few dates with Walking with Giants and Flip will probably get the drum tracks for Projected down with a handful of dates.

January/February is when Alter Bridge will enter the studio, however the album will be sat upon until the end of 2016 as theres likely to be a Alter Bridge arena tour supported by Sevendust from what I'm hearing.

Slash and Axl have reportedly came to a business agreement for the old GnR stuff, as already the Vinyl reissues are surfacing, and there is a new line of march coming. They need to perform 6 dates to see if there is demand for a reunion tour. And if the money i am hearing thats being banded about is there, id say its going ahead. The amount that is being thrown about for a 220 date tour is correct, it has the ability to change a man and for a man to get along with a person or persons who they have fallen out with. The money it would make would easily make the U2 360 tour look pale.

However for Slash, he needs his divorce to go through first and Axl is wanting to do enough dates to thank the present GnR members for their loyalty over the past years since that Chinese Turd came out.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... -las-vegas

It's happening :D still no official statement though..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Is...is it over? Is he free?
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Not quite yet. We got to see until around June-ish to know what he's going to do. Hopefully, a certain solo album around that time will be released.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Most of the GNR stuff is supposed to happen when AB isn't touring, so it really isn't that special (though AB will probably start touring earlier this time around according to that interview with Mark).

Hopefully Slash will stick with Axl afterwards, but I'm worried that he'll go back to his solo project in 2017.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

My main hope is that it just takes up more of Slash's schedule to the extent he won't need to tour as incessantly with the Conspirators, and stop releasing an album every 2 years. All's the better if they can make an album or two out of it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Best case scenario: Myles solo album, more AB time and November Rain with Slash.

Worst case scenario: Axl doesn't show up, Myles has to step in and do the reunion shows, becomes best friends with DJ Ashba and starts wearing eyeliner.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Ashba's gone hasn't he? And Bumblefoot. But Myles eyeliner fears do still remain. Bloody Thor all over again.

Never forget.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah Ashba isn't in the band anymore. I think the reunion is Axl, Slash, Duff, and 3 of the current members.

I think this will be a 2016 tour cash grab, and I'm not sure if there's much to expect after that. Could very easily see this being a one time run where Slash goes back to his solo stuff in 2017, but I kind of hope I'm wrong if it'd mean more AB touring lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I kinda wish Ashba would be there, just to see the look on Slash's face when Ashba butchers the Patience solo.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Who cares about more AB time? I want Gn'R albums. No matter how big of an a-hole Axl is, the guy is a legend.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I agree about Axl, but I really don't see them record a new album. Even back in the day they were slow when it came to their releases, let alone now. I agree with Andy that it's probably a money grab and that it won't last that long.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Violent Corpse wrote:Who cares about more AB time? I want Gn'R albums. No matter how big of an a-hole Axl is, the guy is a legend.
I care about more AB time, and a good amount of people do, even probably outside of these forums. I don't care if Axl is a legend or not. I perceive him as a musician that I do not like and that I feel that he could be the weak spot in this whole reunion stuff.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Shots fired.

I hope Axl will get in shape. He'll never be able to do a long tour if he doesn't.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

My only issue with Axl is that his voice just doesn't sound that good anymore.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.