The Official BLACK STONE CHERRY Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Jim
Blood Machines

Re: The Official BLACK STONE CHERRY Thread

Post by Jim »

Oh i see it was back in 2010! I thought it was like 2006/07 times!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Just got around to watching Me and Mary Jane. Good song. Glad to see the talk box is back.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Decay

Post by Decay »

These guys are great! Can't wait for the new album!

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

Dayviewer wrote:That new song sounds decent, now if they would actually bring back the new songs/demos they had before they changed everything with that generic 3rd album I might give them a decent new chance:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Xsd7C3dMvEY[/youtube]
This was gold, wanted to tear down walls when they threw this shit away and didn't record it
I would love to hear a studio version of this song. I was hoping it would be on their 3rd album, but oh well.

Haven't posted in this thread yet, but these guys are definitely one of my favorite bands. Got into them shortly after their first single, been a fan ever since. I agree with those saying they didn't care for their 3rd album as much as their first two, but it still had great moments.
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

It sure did. I go running to "Killing Floor" all the time. Love that song. There are few other really good songs on there, and half or so that are "meh."
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

Yup. I find myself coming back to their "Can't You See" cover a lot. I love what they did with it (even though I never heard the original until after this album came out).
"Whatever takes us away

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

I enjoy it. But I can't help but think the guitar solo sounds out of place. I was all ready for a great southern-tinged solo the first time I heard it. Now every time it comes up, it just makes me want something else. I love the song though.

I was all excited to see The Marshall Tucker Band play an hour and a half from me in october. But my wife (who bakes cakes as a side job) needs me to help her deliver a wedding cake that weekend. *Sigh*
Altered:

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

One Drew Remains wrote:I enjoy it. But I can't help but think the guitar solo sounds out of place. I was all ready for a great southern-tinged solo the first time I heard it. Now every time it comes up, it just makes me want something else. I love the song though.

I was all excited to see The Marshall Tucker Band play an hour and a half from me in october. But my wife (who bakes cakes as a side job) needs me to help her deliver a wedding cake that weekend. *Sigh*
I actually like that guitar solo a lot. I know it might not have fit with the vibe of the original song, but I just like how they completely made it their own.

And that sucks, but hey, maybe the wedding will get called off at the last minute ;)
"Whatever takes us away

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I think one of the worst songs from their latest album (can't remember it's name) is Stay, it's probably my least favourite BSC song, and I've just found out some Country singer has covered it and made it even worse?! :lol

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

First time I heard Hell & High Water on VH1, I liked them a lot. First album was really good, second here and there, hadn't listened to the third... I lost interest. But they have a lot of potential as a band.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

I love BSC.
I can't wait to hear album #4

The question I have though to anyone who knows a bit more about it/posted the video originally... that song... "Lay the Sun to Rest" What sorta time is that from?! That's a sick song. I'd love to hear a studio version on the next record! Even if it's just a bonus track or a B-side or something...

I mean... silly question... Chris (singer) is still big and has the long hair there and he's playing a Fender (wtf) and Ben (other guitarist) playing a Firebird???

I've been along for the ride with the BSC train since album #1 and they supported Hinder at a shitty little club in London (the ULU I think) when I first saw 'em when I was over there and they'd been played on TV over there a bit (on SCUZZ... does that channel exist anymore for any Brits out there?!)

Decay

Post by Decay »

Think I'd read somewhere that 'Lay The Sun To Rest' was meant to be on their Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea album... before the band decided to bring in the 'poppy' vibe (not my words, though, I loved their 3rd album)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I mean the 3rd album was not really that bad. I enjoyed songs like All I'm Dreamin' Of and Won't Let Go, but in comparison to something like Folklore and Superstition is like a little night and day comparison. However, they are bringing their next album out and I'm sure going to enjoy it, but I think they still may play off elements from their last album. We'll see.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

They definately need to drop the pop rock producer and get more raw. You can't have a voice like that singing soft tunes. I didn't think Between the Devil... was bad. But it definately was missing the charm of the other two. They need to jam out riffs a bit more too. Nothing more that I hate than an album full of three and a half minute songs.
Altered:

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

One Drew Remains wrote:They definately need to drop the pop rock producer and get more raw. You can't have a voice like that singing soft tunes. I didn't think Between the Devil... was bad. But it definately was missing the charm of the other two. They need to jam out riffs a bit more too. Nothing more that I hate than an album full of three and a half minute songs.
I heard that the new album is pretty much going to be just what you're looking for :headbang I'll try to find some quotes from them when I get home from school. But yeah, I don't think we'll be disappointed with their next one.
"Whatever takes us away

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Awesome. Looking forward to it, Nickster.
Altered:

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

Alright, here are some quotes taken from BSC's facebook page. There are some short teasers as well but you can search for those yourself. I'm really excited for this new album :headbang

Nov 24, 2013: "If y'all could only hear this new music now! We honestly cannot wait for this album to come out!! We're so proud of this!"

Nov 21, 2013: "Listening to the mixes of the new album...We are so excited for yall to hear it..it's ridiculous! Back to the basics baby!!"

Oct 18, 2013: "No auto tune. No samples. Just BSC:)"

And I'm sure you've watched the "Me and Mary Jane" video that's on the first page.
"Whatever takes us away

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Nick_917 wrote:Alright, here are some quotes taken from BSC's facebook page. There are some short teasers as well but you can search for those yourself. I'm really excited for this new album :headbang

Nov 24, 2013: "If y'all could only hear this new music now! We honestly cannot wait for this album to come out!! We're so proud of this!"

Nov 21, 2013: "Listening to the mixes of the new album...We are so excited for yall to hear it..it's ridiculous! Back to the basics baby!!"

Oct 18, 2013: "No auto tune. No samples. Just BSC:)"
Not to be a buzzkill, but there's nothing in those quotes that every band doesn't say before they release a new album. Hell, Black Stone Cherry was saying the same thing before their last album, and I'd be shocked to find anybody who thought their third LP was the best of their catalogue.

Still, I'd like to believe it.

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

Yeah I hear you. There's always that question on whether it will live up to the hype. I have a feeling this one will after hearing the teasers. I just hope it gets released soon so we can say for sure! It sounds like it's getting close.
"Whatever takes us away

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

I consider BSC one of the bestest bands around, and considering their age they are twice as good. Can not wait for this release. Hope the merch will be nice too and they come with a gig to Russia.

The audience will be 5 people strong I tell ya.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019