The Official CHEVELLE Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: The Official CHEVELLE Thread

Post by Fish Tacos »

One Drew Remains wrote:Enjoy, man. If you have never seen them before, you're in for a treat. It gets pretty wild. I was crushed against the rail several times during the last show by the surge of the pit behind me. But it's worth it. They put on a great show.
Next time, put your arms out and spin around like a helicopter while making a THBBBBBBT noise. They will be intimidated by your impressive RPM and show you the respect a Blackhawk deserves.

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

Chevelle is one of the most consistent bands of the last 15 years. All there records are great, maybe with exception to sci-fi crimes ( Jars still a great song though).
You know a band is great (like AB) when people always want to hear the new songs at concerts.
Chevelle has always been that way. I have seen them 5 times, the first being all the way back in 04' .
They still had Joe in the band. Helmut opened and Paige Hamilton played Comfortable LIar with them.

I buy every Chevelle record and see them anytime they come to town. Great band!

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

prslover wrote:Chevelle is one of the most consistent bands of the last 15 years. All there records are great, maybe with exception to sci-fi crimes ( Jars still a great song though).
False. Sci-Fi Crimes is great.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I've only heard "Clincher", "Send the Pain Below", "The Red" and "Vitamin R". But so far, all 4 of those are great!

Edit: I also like 'Point #1", "fizgig", "face to the floor", and somewhat, "Mia" , "Face to the Floor", "Open" and "Prove to You".

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Chevelle's website crashed tonight when they opened preordering for their new album :)
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

AliceMudgarden
White Knuckled

Post by AliceMudgarden »

Bring on the new Chevelle album. I really enjoyed La Gárgola. It's my second favorite Chevelle album (Behind Wonder What's Next).

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

New single streaming. These guys are ridiculously sick. I love this song

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chevel ... streaming/

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Heard that on Octane a few days ago. I don't remember a ton about it but I do remember thinking, "ah yeah, new Chevelle!" and cranking it up. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

In a world where many rock bands are going more "poppy", I have immense respect to Chevelle for keeping rock alive

Pre-orders are up on iTunes

If the single is indicative of the album, this is gonna be a great record. They keep putting out great music every 2 years and it seems like they never run out of ideas

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Love them. Great energy live. Definitely picking up the album.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Most consistent alt-rock band of the 21st century.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The new album is out.
Just like previous releases, it delivers, but it lacks a huge melodic single.
Chevelle never really disappoint, but it's just another album from them instead of a real landmark in their career.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

chtimixeur wrote:The new album is out.
Just like previous releases, it delivers, but it lacks a huge melodic single.
Chevelle never really disappoint, but it's just another album from them instead of a real landmark in their career.
Everytime i hear a Chevelle song I always think that there is something wrong with it. The singer has a fucking weird style of singing, which is more of a humming. The guitars are very fuzzy and the riffs have either weird or simple melodies (or both). The song structures aren't even close to be linear yet they are too far away from being "artsy". All in all Chevelle is one of the weirdest band of the genre and yet they are pretty good. And now imma give the new album a shot.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They put on an amazing live show as a 3 piece band. I'll try to give the new album a listen soon.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Not sure how I feel about the new album yet, to be honest. It's shockingly unmeldoic for a band this known for hooks, almost abrasively so. It's, like, 90% dirty vocals, which is cool, but it's also less rhythmically-oriented than their usual heavy fare. Trying to digest it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

They are good for a three piece band. Like, I cant think of too many three piece bands off the top of my head other than Nirvana, Green day (sort of) and Blink 182.

endofsilence93
Bought The CDs

Post by endofsilence93 »

devv88 wrote:Not sure how I feel about the new album yet, to be honest. It's shockingly unmeldoic for a band this known for hooks, almost abrasively so. It's, like, 90% dirty vocals, which is cool, but it's also less rhythmically-oriented than their usual heavy fare. Trying to digest it.
Yeah this is exactly the way I digested this album two listens in so far. I get they wanted to be heavy and they succeed but just that something is missing from a majority part of this album. I do like Joyride, The Rivers & Punchline but the rest I just can't get into. I don't think I can say this beats Hats Off To The Bull. At least I can say from that album I have many favorite songs.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

I'm getting used to the album. Coming around pretty hard on it, actually. It's a pretty stark difference from their previous seven albums, and easily their heaviest to date. Came as a bit of a shock, but now that my expectations for what I thought a Chevelle album should sound like have faded, I'm finding that I'm really enjoying it. Plays really well at super loud volumes.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I had high hopes with Joyride, but I'll agree with those who say the album is lacking. It's just missing the classic Chevelle choruses that I've come to love

Hats Off to The Bull to me still ranks as the best of their last few releases. I love that album

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

My band is playing a set at our towns local winter music festival today, we're doing a cover of The Red to close it out. Sounding great! Should have video and audio of it in the next week or so
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!