FOO FIGHTERS!

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Re: FOO FIGHTERS!

Post by Lukeage »

Oh SWEET. I hope that this will be on TV in Australia!!

I love Foo Fighters. They have some truly awesome songs.

After what they achieved with WASTING LIGHT, I can't wait to see what the new album will be like! I thought ESPG was pretty ehhhh average/weak as a follow up to In Your Honor, so I hope that they won't lose the momentum they created on Wasting Light with the new one!

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

That's awesome. I was just re-listening to the IN YOUR HONOR album.

I don't think I've ever really been a huge fan of disc 2, but disc 1 you really can't go wrong - there's not a dud song on that album, or on Wasting Light. I also feel that way for One By One and There Is Nothing Left to Lose.

I've never really got into The Colour... (aside from the obvious hits) and the self-titled first album. Echoes... is okay. But it's kinda like ohhh they just missed the mark slightly after IYH, and then Wasting Light kicked major ass!

So I'm really keen to hear the record and see the doco.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

More Foo Fighters news.

Here are the track listings and album cover, I think.
1. ‘Something From Nothing’
2. ‘The Feast and the Famine’
3. ‘Congregation’
4. ‘What Did I Do?/God as My Witness’
5. ‘Outside’
6. ‘In the Clear’
7. ‘Subterranean’
8. ‘I am a River’
http://loudwire.com/foo-fighters-sonic- ... ck=tsmclip

Here's also a small 14 second preview of it.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/LrqpjxtA0ys[/youtube]

Hopefully, this should be another winner.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Love the snippet. I'm really curious about this one.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

Yeah I agree it'll be interesting to see where they go based on the progression from stuff that was on Echoes... to Wasting Light (think about how different a song to Long Road to Ruin or The Pretender is to a song like White Limo off Wasting Light, for example, that song is pretty different to anything they've ever come up with).

Plus, it's only 8 songs. That's kinda disappointing. Maybe one of them is going to be a 10+ minute epic?

*waits impatiently for November*

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, the Loudwire page stated that the album will be 44 min. long which means that the average song will be 5.5 min long, so we may get some 6+ min. songs along with some potential catchy #1 rock single that they always achieve.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yea, it really is disappointing that there will be only 8 new songs. But I guess these songs will be super fucking cool. I mean, average 5,5 Min. Length, this can not go wrong.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't think we can really complain about the number of songs when the album is still 44 minutes..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Timotheus wrote:I don't think we can really complain about the number of songs when the album is still 44 minutes..
Agreed.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh yeah. If I'm not amped about this already, this trailer should make me super amped.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/q0TrqXHoL10[/youtube]

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I'm already soooo hyped. This album will be one of the best things in music history. I'm 100% sure about that.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

So incredibly hyped..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Close the boards. We're done here.

Post by zazthespaz »

I haven't heard anything off the album aside from that trailer, but already I'm wondering how they're going to top this album. I said the same thing about Wasting Light, but I'll be surprised if this isn't better than that. If they had all the talent they showed recorded in some way through this album (even a technique of theirs played by a Foo Fighter), this is going to be the album to end all albums.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'll wait to hear it before I just praise it. Love the idea and liked the sound clip of Something from Nothing, but Wasting Light was the first album of theirs I felt didn't have any filler. I'm excited too, but I'll save my judgment until it's actually released lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

They are headlining an event I'm going to on 14th Sept, I'm hoping they they give us a treat & play a couple of new tracks!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: and by trillions, i mean trillions.

Post by zazthespaz »

WkdSelina wrote:They are headlining an event I'm going to on 14th Sept, I'm hoping they they give us a treat & play a couple of new tracks!
:eek jealous. still need to catch a foos show. guess this is going to be the tour to do so. it wouldn't surprise me if they retire for a while after this album. (by retire I mean take 10 years off then tour again and make trillions)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Andy92 wrote: Wasting Light was the first album of theirs I felt didn't have any filler.
Well, I'd say that "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" does not have any fillers aswell.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Andy92 wrote: Wasting Light was the first album of theirs I felt didn't have any filler.
Well, I'd say that "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" does not have any fillers aswell.
I thought the front half of that album was excellent, but I don't find the back half as memorable. But to be fair I haven't listened to it all the way through in a while.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Nice. Very nice, indeed. They've always had a great association with Letterman.
To celebrate and promote new album Sonic Highways, Foo Fighters will perform on Letterman — quite a bit, actually.

The rockers have announced a residence on Late Show with David Letterman for an entire week starting Oct. 13.

The band will perform a collection of tracks that helped inspire their new album, leading all the way up to the premiere of the HBO series Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways that chronicles the record’s recording on Oct. 17.

A press release promises special guests performing alongside the five-piece, some of whom helped inspire Sonic Highways and are apparently slated to appear on the full-length record itself. The exact guests have not been announced.

Additionally, frontman Dave Grohl will sit down for an interview with Letterman on the Monday, Oct. 13, show.

Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways premieres Oct. 17 on HBO and will run in eight parts to Nov. 10, the release date of the Foos’ Sonic Highways.

Letterman airs nightly at 11:35 p.m. ET on CBS.
http://radio.com/2014/10/06/foo-fighter ... al-guests/