FOO FIGHTERS!

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: FOO FIGHTERS!

Post by Timotheus »

"We are going to make this album in a way that no-one's ever done before"

Very intrigued by that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jesterhead
Brand New Start

Post by Jesterhead »

I'd have to say my favorite album is ESP&G. It is refreshing to hear a big rock act out there... ya know, rocking.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

My favorites are definately All My Life, Ever Long and The Pretender
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Decay

Post by Decay »

Love those songs ^

My favorite album is definitely Wasting Light. It's just so awesome, pure rock n roll! I think it's their best yet! Can't wait to hear what they've got in store for the next album.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Bumping this thread. I found this picture via their twitter. What does all of this mean???

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

We don't really know what it means, but they're definitely in the studio and they're recording via analog again!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

willy5150
TABN.com Citizen

Post by willy5150 »

Watched Sound City for the 3rd time. One of the best movies I've seen on recording,and music. If you have not seen, you have too. Should have its own thread.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Well, that's a bit of an anticlimax, if that's the "this has never been done before" concept. Still a very cool idea!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Can't wait for the new album, love me some Foo Fighters!

Wasting Light is my favorite by them.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I love their quieter side. Echoes Silence Patience & Grace was my favourite. Stuff like Come Alive, Statues & Let It Die had amazing dynamics. The Pretender is a true rock classic imo as well. I do look forward to this new album.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Crumbso wrote:I love their quieter side. Echoes Silence Patience & Grace was my favourite. Stuff like Come Alive, Statues & Let It Die had amazing dynamics. The Pretender is a true rock classic imo as well. I do look forward to this new album.
Echoes is far and away their most versatile album. Extremely dynamic, and very underrated.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Echoes is my 3rd favorite album of theirs behind The Colour and the Shape and Wasting Light. It's a solid record for sure.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Wasting Light was really solid, but as soon as it grew on me, it faded away as quickly, I love it and know it by heart, but not my fave.

I need MOAR
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, Foo Fighters, along with the Zac Brown Band, are going to be playing at this Superbowl party thingamabob and it's being to be live-stream, baby!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45-RbBft4aI

Dang. What to do for six hours in the meantime?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know where else to put this, but Taylor Hawkins has made another band and they got an album out, next month. Here's a song from them. Sounds decent.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ShIchuB_jCk[/youtube]

Outright
White Knuckled

Post by Outright »

GazEd wrote:Wasting Light was really solid, but as soon as it grew on me, it faded away as quickly, I love it and know it by heart, but not my fave.

I need MOAR
Exactly how I felt. Bridge Burning and Miss the Misery were my favorite songs that summer, but I haven't listened to that album in like a year.
Last edited by Outright on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
You should never come this way
To test the hands of fate
You don't belong here

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You know how I said earlier that Hawkins has taken part in a new side band called The Birds of Satan? Well, here's the stream to their debut album.

http://thebirdsofsatan.com/stream/

It starts with a 9 min. song.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, we've got some substantial info. on this album now.
Billboard reports that the Foo Fighters will release a new album this fall as well as a new HBO series that looks at the "eight-city odyssey during which the record was created."

Dave Grohl directed the series which will visit studios in eight cities: Chicago, Austin, Nashville, Los Angeles, Seattle, New Orleans, Washington, DC and New York. The band recorded one song in each city, with a famous talent in the city in each session (Cheap Trick members are rumored to be on the Chicago portion). The lyrics were written "in an unprecedented experimental style."

A statement reads: "Dave held off on putting down words until the last day of each session, so as to be inspired by the experiences, interviews and personalities that became part of the process."

The series will be executive produced by Worldwide Pants and follows Grohl's directorial debut, the 2013 documentary Sound City. Grohl said the HBO series will present "a love letter to the history of American music" with each episode looking at the cultural impact of the artists' hometowns. The series is produced with James A. Rota, John Ramsay and Therapy studios, and written by Mark Monroe and Grohl for Roswell Films, a division of the Roswell Records label (which releases the band's music). A release date for the album, which is the band's eighth, hasn't been revealed.
http://www.411mania.com/music/news/3228 ... 0hI31Xb.99

Also, in an article in Ultimate-Guitar, it stated that Joe Walsh of the Eagles will be on a guest spot on the album.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... n_hbo.html

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

HBO.. So there will be nudity? :D

No, this is pretty cool. Really looking forward to this.. Not as revolutionary as expected, but still cool.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, here's a trailer of the HBO series that goes with the album recorded in the various cities in the States.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/f-z8A9P5ziA[/youtube]