Saliva

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
antiwal
Loyal Follower

Saliva

Post by antiwal »

Anyone heard the new album "In It To Win It"? First one with the new lead singer, Bobby Amaru. Sad to see Joesy Scott go, but Bobby seems pretty good. The album ain't anything original, but its worth a spin.

Decay

Re: Saliva

Post by Decay »

Nah, I'm aware of their earlier stuff, which is ridiculously good. Stuff like 'Hunt You Down', 'Always', 'Ladies & Gentlemen' are just awesome!

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

It was a bit of a shock to see Josey go but I believe it was what the band needed in order to continue. I loved their first albums until Blood Stained Love Story, from then on it all kind went down the drain. Cinco Diablo had a few good songs on it and Under Your Skin was just horribly generic. Then Bobby Amaru came around and on the new album there's a lot of great material, only a couple of songs I don't like (the title track being one of them). They found part of their old sound, found something new as well and it all just blends together wonderfully. I hope it's a good sign for the band's future.
Please give them a like :)

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

So another album is out "Love, Lies & Therapy". Its ok, but highly generic. An easy listen through but no killer tracks really, shame. I'll give it 3/5. They sorely miss Josey.

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

Saliva used to be one of my favorite bands. I loved their first few albums. Even bought their self-titled debut, which I think is pretty hard to find. But like Basti said, they eventually started to go downhill. I'll be sure to check out some stuff from the Amaru era, though.
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."