Female Singers in bands?

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
AliceMudgarden
White Knuckled

Re: Female Singers in bands?

Post by AliceMudgarden »

Lauren Mayberry (Chvrches)
Bilinda Butcher (My Bloody Valentine)
Elena Tonra (Daughter)
Stacy King (Eisley)
Jehnny Beth (Savages)
Shirley Manson (Garbage)
etc.
Last edited by AliceMudgarden on Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Ann Wilson kicks everybody's ass! Heart rocks.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Tom wrote:
Will wrote:I dont know what paramore is but it aint rock. have you heard there lastest single? what the hell is that? I miss lacey formerly of flyleaf she was my favorite. brilliant singer and writer.
They're becoming more commercial, did you see how much chart hype was made of their new album? they're like nickelback towards the end now. They're doing what Shinedown are doing, making songs fit for radio play.
You say that like it a good thing. Cant wait for Alter Bridge to do the same! yeah! :rolleyes
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

One to keep your eyes on for future guys is Emily Armstrong of Dead Sara. Fantastic voice! Didn't like there first album to much but Weatherman is really good. Has a real 90's rock sound.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/y5vr_Vhoumc[/youtube]
Last edited by Will on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Will wrote:
Tom wrote:
Will wrote:I dont know what paramore is but it aint rock. have you heard there lastest single? what the hell is that? I miss lacey formerly of flyleaf she was my favorite. brilliant singer and writer.
They're becoming more commercial, did you see how much chart hype was made of their new album? they're like nickelback towards the end now. They're doing what Shinedown are doing, making songs fit for radio play.
You say that like it a good thing. Cant wait for Alter Bridge to do the same! yeah! :rolleyes
AB will never do that. If they wanted to, the guys would've been back in Creed. ;)

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

I know that Decay I was making a point. lol

Decay

Post by Decay »

I know, Will and it's a good one.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Nobody has mentioned Alison Mosshart of the Kills and the Dead Weather yet?! What is wrong with you people?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Was just thinking about the Dead Weather, but I couldn't think of her name. I'm not too familiar with the band though. Mainly know of them because of Jack White.
Last edited by Timotheus on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Timotheus wrote:Was just thinking about the Dead Weather, but I couldn't think of her name. I'm not too familiar with the band though. Just know of they because of Jack White.
Shes a fantastic singer/song writer. I like her more in the kills though so many good songs. Shes currently working on new Dead Weather album though with Jack White.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/KiLjuRG3hoE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/nQsPex0OwMM[/youtube]

Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Electricladyland »

I happen to love the classic vocalists like Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac and the Wilson sisters of Heart. I'm also a fan of Tracy Chapman, who is ridiculously underrated.

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

Will wrote:
Tom wrote:
not saying it as a good thing, i hate the fact shinedown aren't as gritty as they were in the Leave a Whisper days anymore, but im just saying with Paramore in this specific situation, they made their newer songs more fit for radio play because of the amount of radio hype they got before hand. They knew they would be getting a lot of airtime

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Fiona Apple
Neko Case
Ani DiFranco
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Will wrote:One to keep your eyes on for future guys is Emily Armstrong of Dead Sara. Fantastic voice! Didn't like there first album to much but Weatherman is really good. Has a real 90's rock sound.
Ooh, good stuff. I remember hearing that song a while back, maybe on here, but I didn't check out the band more, thanks for the tip.

Mister Gold
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Mister Gold »

Floor Jansen is absolutely amazing. The Bruce Dickinson of female vocalists, IMO. She has so much power behind that voice of hers!
"Do you believe in destiny?"

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Cristina Scabbia with Apocalyptica
[youtube]http://youtu.be/qFZ9e4wx1H8[/youtube]

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

That girl in Eluveitie is fantastic (Anna Murphy, I think she's called). And Jessie Baylin (not rock).

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Tom wrote:
Will wrote:
Tom wrote:
not saying it as a good thing, i hate the fact shinedown aren't as gritty as they were in the Leave a Whisper days anymore, but im just saying with Paramore in this specific situation, they made their newer songs more fit for radio play because of the amount of radio hype they got before hand. They knew they would be getting a lot of airtime
The first time I heard the "new" Paramore I was like, "aww no!! Whyyy?". I would still listen to the older songs from time to time.

Decay

Post by Decay »

My reaction exactly ^

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

agny wrote:Cristina Scabbia with Apocalyptica
[youtube]http://youtu.be/qFZ9e4wx1H8[/youtube]
This song is badass!
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism: