What's the meaning of the last song you listened to?

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
DivCruz
Loyal Follower

What's the meaning of the last song you listened to?

Post by DivCruz »

Or what do you think it means?

I've listened to Thornley's Come Again. I think it's about a person who just realized how life goes and he somewhat did not expect it to be or he did not catch how "living" actually should be.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/5pfA4nR6ir4[/youtube]

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: What's the meaning of the last song you listened to?

Post by Crumbso »

Yeah. It seems like Come Again is about how he was bullied at school and expected it to change when he made his new life as a musician. He doesn't feel any better about his insecurities but you have to keep going on regardless. He's asking for those he knows, that are close to him, to stay with him maybe?

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Crumbso wrote:Yeah. It seems like Come Again is about how he was bullied at school and expected it to change when he made his new life as a musician. He doesn't feel any better about his insecurities but you have to keep going on regardless. He's asking for those he knows, that are close to him, to stay with him maybe?
Yes and I think this part is very strong
All I want to do was just get home
But I'm pinned to the fence
But here they come again

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Fuck knows.

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

It's a really deep song, so I don't exactly know 100%. I tried to disect it last night but they did a great job making the themes very subtle yet catchy. It's a beautiful song.

The animal could be saying rind ding, but it could also be saying wa pa pow.
But what if it's saying jacha cha chow?
Or frak ak ow?

That would change everything. I just don't know what he says.
:yeahthat

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

"None of this will matter. Not tomorrow, just today. Don't let this moment slip away."

The Peace is Broken bridge is one of my most favorite parts on the album

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Been loving Rush's Wish Them Well and listening to it right now. The meaning is pretty much, it doesn't matter how much someone or something has caused you a lot of harm. All you can do is get away from that person and thank that you are not that person and wish them well and keep on going with the positivity of your life, no matter the challenges.

It's a fun song all around.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Well, first of all, I love this song!
Second of all, it's way cool this awesome power metal band decided to shoot this particular music video in our hometown's FORTRESS, right there by the Danube! Cool times!
And last, but not least... I don't wanna get too political about this. But, basically, this song is about the tragic fate of the Balkans; always fighting preposterous wars...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/p3uZ9vLKjWk[/youtube]

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Decay wrote:Well, first of all, I love this song!
Second of all, it's way cool this awesome power metal band decided to shoot this particular music video in our hometown's FORTRESS, right there by the Danube! Cool times!
And last, but not least... I don't wanna get too political about this. But, basically, this song is about the tragic fate of the Balkans; always fighting preposterous wars...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/p3uZ9vLKjWk[/youtube]
I did not understand any word but It sounds epic! haha. The video is beautiful too!

Decay

Post by Decay »

That's because it's in Serbian, haha. But it sure does sound epic! Both the song and video just soar! :D

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Haha I was not quite expecting that it was in different language. :lol

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yeah, this band is quite known for using Latin words for their song titles, but most of the time, the lyrics are in our first language - Serbian. You might know the lead singer as the new singer of Eden's Curse.

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Uhh, no I don't know Eden's Curse though. I'll give it a listen. :)

Decay

Post by Decay »

I didn't know 'em either, till I heard Alogia's lead singer, Nikola, was announced as the new singer of Eden's Curse. Good band. :)

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Listening to The Freshmen by The Verve Pipe. My all time favorite song. I listen to this all the time when I was around 5 years old but then we moved to a new home and my brother had lost a copy of it (it was in his PC) but I have never forgotten it until I owned a PC myself just last year. I reunited with this. :lol I think the songs speaks for the young, innocent kids and how their actions lead to results that they can't handle and they would just neglect the responsibility of what they had done.
Decay wrote:I didn't know 'em either, till I heard Alogia's lead singer, Nikola, was announced as the new singer of Eden's Curse. Good band. :)
Just listened to Evil & Divine. :headbang It is good.

Decay

Post by Decay »

It is, indeed! :headbang

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

Miss May I- Hey Mister.

AMAZING metal song, if you're into heavy metal/screaming then this song is literally perfection to your ears. It's about growing up without a father figure and having to fend for yourself and growing up to be the person you are, and doing it all on your own being independent. Quite relate able for me, amazing stuff

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ZUaQtfnMzdw[/youtube]

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Not really a fan of the screaming but I think this is the first song where I actually understand most of the lyrics even with that voice. It's great! I think the "I'm the man you'll never know" is now stuck in my head.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Steven Wilson's "The Raven That Refused To Sing"
[youtube]http://youtu.be/n8sLcvWG1M4[/youtube]

In Steven's words:

"It’s about an old man at the end of his life who is waiting to die. He thinks back to a time in his childhood when he was incredibly close to his older sister. She was everything to him, and he was everything to her. Unfortunately, she died when they were both very young. This is not autobiographical; it’s fiction in that respect. But the guy is now at the end of his life, and he’s never been able to form any other kind of relationships. He’s spent his entire life alone, unable to relate to any other human beings.
A raven begins to visit this man’s garden, and the raven begins to represent a symbol or a manifestation of his sister. The thing is, his sister would sing to him whenever he was afraid or insecure, and it was a calming influence on him. In his ignorance, he decides that if he can get the raven to sing to him, it will be the final proof that this is, in fact, his sister who has come back to take him with her to the next life."

It's such an exceptionally beautiful song..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

I love that song, it's so powerful ^
But 'Drive Home' is still my favorite off of that record.