The Official RED thread!!!

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: The Official RED thread!!!

Post by AllC392Was »

Don't get me wrong. I love RED but I'm having a hard time connecting with this album. Take Me Over is my favorite song on the album but even that hasn't gotten stuck in my head.

I do however also love the orchestral and electronic parts on the album. But to me its missing some parts that would usually get me into an album. Still very early and I'm sure I'll get hooked sooner than later

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Mr. Slash wrote:I've never really listened to Red before. Checked out the new album on Spotify. Totally not mine. I can't understand the hype. Skillet-ish bands are just totally out of my comfort zone lol.
I hear this a lot with the Skillet comparisons and I'm curious as to why you find them comparable? To me they sound very different in terms of style/lyrics/ect.

Would love to hear your feedback!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Seeing Red/Islander/ 3 Years Hollow tonight!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

You bastard!

endofsilence93
Bought The CDs

Post by endofsilence93 »

I loved this album very much and was a massive improvement from their previous album in my opinion. The only track though that I've still not been fully into yet is "Shadow and Soul".

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

Oh man... they are sounding like they're getting back to their old sound and I can't be more excited about it! Love the songs so far!!!
Huge thanks to Andy! Love my new sig!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Really digging the songs they've released so far!

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Not to be the only one who says something negative but I've had dealings with these guys and know people in the industry who have as well. They're not your typical humble 'Christian' band that they say they are or I guess they're still using that label. They're very conceded and overall hard to deal with behind the scenes. I'm not going to go into detail here but I'm just giving you a heads up on the stuff I've heard and gone through. I'm sure there are a ton of stories out there that other people have as well but I can only hope and pray they change their attitude. Honestly, the Christian market has a lot of bad apples hiding behind the label, it's really sad.

Anyway... carry on. :)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Sorry if you've had bad experiences, but I don't know the band members personally. So for me it doesn't really change whether or not I listen to their music. I've been digging their new songs.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Andy92 wrote:Sorry if you've had bad experiences, but I don't know the band members personally. So for me it doesn't really change whether or not I listen to their music.
That's totally cool. For me it's a huge turn off, especially when you find out the truth about your favorite bands behind the scenes. That's why I have such a massive respect for bands like Alter Bridge, they're super humble and genuine people. When it comes to "Christian" music though I'm just saying be weary about who you listen to and support. It's not always as you perceive it to be, even if the music is good.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

JaredWard wrote:That's totally cool. For me it's a huge turn off, especially when you find out the truth about your favorite bands behind the scenes. That's why I have such a massive respect for bands like Alter Bridge, they're super humble and genuine people. When it comes to "Christian" music though I'm just saying be weary about who you listen to and support. It's not always as you perceive it to be, even if the music is good.
I can understand where you're coming from because I'm sure it would sour you from enjoying something if the band members acted unprofessionally in situations you've seen. There are a handful of bands I like that have some arrogant members, unfortunately. I mean, some of the Metallica members ticked a lot of people off in their personal lives years ago, but I'm still gonna listen to Metallica.

I can see where you're frustrated when it comes from the Christian music scene in particular though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

JaredWard wrote:Not to be the only one who says something negative but I've had dealings with these guys and know people in the industry who have as well. They're not your typical humble 'Christian' band that they say they are or I guess they're still using that label. They're very conceded and overall hard to deal with behind the scenes. I'm not going to go into detail here but I'm just giving you a heads up on the stuff I've heard and gone through. I'm sure there are a ton of stories out there that other people have as well but I can only hope and pray they change their attitude. Honestly, the Christian market has a lot of bad apples hiding behind the label, it's really sad.

Anyway... carry on. :)
Hey Jared, I heard what happened with you and the band. I know what you're trying to do here and just stop. "they're not your typical 'Christian' band"... you're better than that. Take that chip off your shoulder and just enjoy the music or don't.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

AllC392Was wrote:Hey Jared, I heard what happened with you and the band. I know what you're trying to do here and just stop. "they're not your typical 'Christian' band"... you're better than that. Take that chip off your shoulder and just enjoy the music or don't.
lol The chip is long gone brotha but that doesn't mean I'll never forget my experience. Just warning you and others who they really are behind the scenes. You can take it or leave it.

KennethHamilton
Brand New Start

Post by KennethHamilton »

I've never really listened to Red before but I am sure that you enjoyed the performance. Thanks for the shared thread !

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Disappointed. Release the Panic Vol. 2

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

BUMP!!!

They released a new album, Declaration, recently. The first track is an absolute banger, Michael’s screams are fantastic!

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

AB4Lyfe wrote:BUMP!!!

They released a new album, Declaration, recently. The first track is an absolute banger, Michael’s screams are fantastic!
Track 1 is good, the rest of the album pretty much had nothing to offer for me
Thanks Andy!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Micky wrote:

Same. Couple of good choruses though. I’ll never get sick of Michael’s voice.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
Micky wrote:

Same. Couple of good choruses though. I’ll never get sick of Michael’s voice.
Mike has an incredible voice, I just wish he sang more. I'm so tired of the screaming and heaviness on EVERY song. I look back at End of Silence, Innocence & Instinct and Until We Have Faces, and theres nowhere near the level of screaming that is on every record they do now.
Thanks Andy!