The Official DARK NEW DAY Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
JaredWard
Blood Machines

The Official DARK NEW DAY Thread

Post by JaredWard »

I'm so glad these guys are back! :headbang

http://www.facebook.com/theDarkNewDay

devv88
Isolated

Re: The Official DARK NEW DAY Thread

Post by devv88 »

Definitely nice to have them back. NEW TRADITION isn't nearly as good as HAIL MARY, but they've released so much material in the last year or so (something in the area of 30 new songs), it's kind of hard to complain.

James Andrews
Brand New Start

Post by James Andrews »

Have ya'll gotten the few new songs they released about 2 weeks ago? Thoughts? I wish they would put all this material out in hard copy, call me old school, but I like to put my hands on a cd, read the booklets, etc.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

James Andrews wrote:Have ya'll gotten the few new songs they released about 2 weeks ago? Thoughts? I wish they would put all this material out in hard copy, call me old school, but I like to put my hands on a cd, read the booklets, etc.
Talking about the deluxe edition? "Rising Sun", "Fiend [Off the Wall Version]" and "That's the Way You Want It", right? Yeah, it's a shame they didn't actually make a deluxe version available when we bought the CD, especially since it was only a month or two ago. Nice to have them anyway.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I really like "That's The Way You Want It" ...very catchy. The only problem with the newer (older) stuff is the quality/production. I really hope they get some time to get back together & make some new music that's up to par with the first 2 records.

James Andrews
Brand New Start

Post by James Andrews »

devv88 wrote:
James Andrews wrote:Have ya'll gotten the few new songs they released about 2 weeks ago? Thoughts? I wish they would put all this material out in hard copy, call me old school, but I like to put my hands on a cd, read the booklets, etc.
Talking about the deluxe edition? "Rising Sun", "Fiend [Off the Wall Version]" and "That's the Way You Want It", right? Yeah, it's a shame they didn't actually make a deluxe version available when we bought the CD, especially since it was only a month or two ago. Nice to have them anyway.

Yeah I haven't gotten those songs yet, sounds like I need to.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

They're okay. They're not as good as the tracks that made the actual CD, and are b-sides for a reason. "That's the Way You Want It" has a really excellent verse melody, but the chorus is a little weak. And even though this version of "Fiend" (the fourth version, if you've been counting) is interesting, it's still the weakest version. Cool to check out if you're a fan though.

SummerGirl
Brand New Start

Post by SummerGirl »

Nice! Have to check out the newest tracks.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Via Brett:
O.k. the lost Dark New Day record hits the stores TOMORROW! If there's even an inkling that you might want to keep DND alive help us make this a big 1st week. If things go well enough we might just be able to finally put a tour together and even record a new record...come on...if you think you might want it...make it happen this week! Thanks in advance!
Spread the word!

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Can't believe I forgot about this. HAIL MARY is definitely their best album, and I'm glad it's getting a proper release.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

I don't get what the difference is between this Hail Mary and the one they released about a year ago
Please give them a like :)

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

BastiMix wrote:I don't get what the difference is between this Hail Mary and the one they released about a year ago
They took out "Good Mourning" (for some insane reason, it was probably my favorite track on the CD) and replaced it with "Give Me the Word".

Other than that, this is the official release. They "leaked" that album onto iTunes because they thought it would never get released, but then they secured a deal to make it available properly on CD and in stores, so they removed it shortly after.
Last edited by devv88 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I'm guessing it was Will who leaked it lol I remember him posting a rant on Myspace about the label screwing them over. So far so good though... they're currently #27 on the iTunes Rock chart. Also...

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Brett is putting together a solo record!

http://bretthestla.bigcartel.com/
HELP ME MAKE MY SOLO RECORD! I have some amazing songs (at least I think they're amazing) that I've been working on but with the crazy demands of life and trying to raise kids I never have the time to work on them. I am starting a fundraising campaign to buy myself some time to get these ideas recorded so I can get them out of my head. I have asked some good friends to lend me their talents on this. I have already gotten word that Mark Tremonti of Alter Bridge and Creed, Kenneth Nixon of Framing Hanley, Clint Lowery and Morgan Rose of Sevendust, Corey Lowery of Eye Empire, Troy McLawhorn and Will Hunt of Evanescence are going to jump on a track with me. More are in the works! I am putting everything I have into these songs. I have been writing since Dark New Day got off of the road and can't wait to share this stuff with you all! There are some packages you can choose from with some cool stuff and events or you can just pre order the mp3's. Anything will help! I appreciate your support in sharing the message!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

"Brother'

I used to hear that song on the radio all the time as a kid.

endofsilence93
Bought The CDs

Post by endofsilence93 »

I love that album. If it wasn't for the WWE SvR video game then I wouldn't have known of Dark New Day lmao

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Very underrated musician. Virgos Merlot's Signs of a Vacant Soul album was amazing.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23