The Official INCUBUS Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.

agny
On The Rail

Re: The Official INCUBUS Thread

Post by agny »

I need to catch up on a lot of their older stuff. And see them live!

I missed the rumors of a hiatus but in any case:

http://radioalice.cbslocal.com/2012/08/ ... s-manager/

Incubus ‘Hiatus’ Blown Out Of Proportion, Says The Band’s Manager

Incubus fans can breathe a little easier. Despite swirling news reports that the Calabasas outfit would be embarking on an extended hiatus following the upcoming Honda Civic tour with Linkin Park and Mutemath, the band’s manager tells CBS Local that it’s just a natural part of the band’s process.

“Incubus has always taken a bit of a break after making an album and touring in support of it,” the band’s manager Steve Rennie said by phone about their most recent release, If Not Now, When? “After they finish the Honda Civic tour, they’ll have been on the road for a year and a half. Any band would need a break after that.”

The rumors started during a recent press conference when Incubus singer Brandon Boyd said that the band’s plan after the Honda Civic tour “is to have no plan,” according to Billboard.

“Let’s not get locked into the word ‘hiatus,’ said Rennie. “They just need to get rejuvenated and inspired to make their next album.” Rennie went on to explain that Boyd is contemplating making his second solo album, and that guitarist Mike Einzinger “has a couple of things that he’s working on.”

“Bands like Incubus don’t crank out music on a schedule,” Rennie added. “Taking time to work on other things only adds to what they can bring to the table when they regroup.”

On the same date (August 14) that Incubus kicks of the Honda Civic tour in Boston, the band will also release Incubus Live HQ, a CD/DVD set that captures six intimate L.A. fan-only performances.

–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Definitely a fan

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

<3 Incubus.

When the new album came out, I had mixed feelings about it. I liked it, but it seemed too bland for me. Now I keep coming back to it for some reason. The songs... they're just so intoxicating!

I'd also like to note that Azwethinkweiz is flippin awesome.
:yeahthat

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

^That. I couldn't stand the new album at all when I first heard it but now I can't stop listening to it.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Every one of their albums is pretty much incredible, though I'm of the very unpopular opinion that MORNING VIEW is their worst album. S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and MAKE YOURSELF are both perfect, and A CROW is nearly as flawless.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

All of their CD's up through Morning View was fantastic. Everything after that though has gone steadily downhill for me. I definitely wasn't a fan of their new CD...I keep going back to it every so often to see if I'll start to like it, but I just can't. Just extremely bland and really forgettable songs, in my opinion.

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Make Yourself is one of my favorite albums of all time. The only song I'll even SOMETIMES skip is Battlestar. That's just because I really want to listen to I Miss You.

Seriously - it's a perfect album start to finish.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

BennyWhatever wrote: Seriously - it's a perfect album start to finish.
This.

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

While I do think their latest album is their weakest, it did have it's moments. Make Yourself is my favourite album, closely followed by S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Although "Dig" is still probably the song I hold dearest to me.

On another note, Incubus have recently overtaken Alter Bridge as being my favourite band.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Did anybody pick up the HQ Live box set? I was thinking about it, but I've developed a firm stance against live albums as of late, since I never wind up listening to them enough. Still, the complete recordings are quite the set list.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Long interview with Brandon Boyd. Much of it is about the band manager but he talks about the music business in general and their band specifically too.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/YlqUD-hcTUQ[/youtube]

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Incubus have parted ways with their longtime manager Steve Rennie, who Brandon talks about in the post above ^^

This has the small group of diehard fans left worried that this is the beginning of the end. No label, no manager and even though they just played a handful of shows in South America, they have no touring or recording plans for this year.

I think at most, we will get one more album from Incubus. It's quite possible that the band is essentially done as of now. All the members are doing their own thing musically and seem quite content.

Here is the link to Rennie's announcement -- https://www.facebook.com/therenman/post ... 5328798204 -- and here is the full text:
After 16 amazing years, my tenure as manager of Incubus has ended. It has been my honor and privilege to have served as manager and mentor to Brandon, Mike, Jose, Chris, Ben, and Alex. I want to thank each of them for allowing me to be a part of their rock n roll dream. It's been an amazing ride, the memories of which, I will treasure forever. I wish the guys good luck and success in all that they do in the future.

I wanted to also acknowledge and say thank you to the thousands of Incubus fans around the world who I've had the chance to meet and interact with over the last 16 years. Your support and love has inspired me in ways you could not possibly imagine. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Incubus fans are the greatest fans in the world. I will miss you.

For me, I'm really looking forward to spending more time on new things that I'm passionate about. While I'm hanging up my Incubus manager hat I've not lost my passion and desire to help this next generation of artists and aspiring music professionals reach for their dreams.

As most of you know, a year and a half ago I started a website, Renman Music & Business, and a webshow called Renman Live to help mentor folks about today's music business. I've had the opportunity to invite some of the smartest and most talented people in the music biz to join me on Renman Live to share their insight and experience with folks who are dreaming of doing something big in music. It's been a ton of fun and I want to do more.

On Wednesday I will be launching Renman U, my insider's guide to todays music business. It's a free 12 week online course for folks who are dreaming of doing something big in the music business but who don't live in one of the major music hubs or can't afford to attend a university. If that sounds like you I hope to see you in 'class'.

The last 16 years with my friends in Incubus has truly been a dream come true for me. But, I'm still a dreamer at heart and I'm not done dreaming yet and I'm definitely not done doing.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Cheers,

Ren

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

Drive is and always will be one of my favourite songs.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Incubus Happy to Avoid 'Phantom Presence' of Record Labels
"We’re without a management company. We don’t have publicists. We’re babies right now," says singer Brandon Boyd

By Cady Drell
April 8, 2014 8:25 AM ET

Fans have had to wait three years for a follow-up to Incubus’ seventh studio LP If Not Now, When?, but according to frontman Brandon Boyd, the wait may be drawing to a close. "[The band has] been hanging out, and we’ve all been at home and talking about making some new music together at the beginning of 2015," Boyd tells Rolling Stone. "I’m really excited about it because it’s been a long time now. We just needed a little break."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z2yKyS6vIZ

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

yay! it's been too long, we need more new incubus!
Photobucket cash grab.

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Brandon is touring with the Jesus Christ Superstar broadway company right now, so I could imagine it won't be until after that's finished.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Honestly it seems like the new album is almost done being recorded. I bet they finished recording in the next week or so, then it's mixing and mastering. Still no news on a label. They may release it independently.

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

They will play this December on the KROQ Christmas concert in Los Angeles and 2015 in Japan as well as on the soundwave festivals in Australia and the Grüne Hölle/Rockavaria festivals in Germany. :)