FUEL 2013 = Puppet Strings

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: FUEL 2013 = Puppet Strings

Postby nagpo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:17 pm

Seems like according to his facebook he's going with the "#solo" route and not doing Fuel.

Devil Inside You
TABN.com Citizen

Postby Devil Inside You » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:08 pm

I noticed that too. What's strange is leading up to Brett starting his own personal page, was him making posts talking about old Fuel songs, a new album in work, and shutting down reunion rumors. Then all of a sudden Carl Bell starts posting on the Fuel page and Brett's old posts got deleted. Now he's putting a solo album together with the current Fuel lineup? Some legal issue must have come up. The snippets here and there of his solo album sound really good though. Ironically it sounds more like Fuel than Puppet Strings did.

Devil Inside You
TABN.com Citizen

Postby Devil Inside You » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:24 pm

Dude!!!! Brett's out of Fuel again! He just announced that he's been kicked out of Fuel on his Facebook page.

nagpo
On The Rail

Postby nagpo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:38 pm

what the hell... He doesn't even make clear what happened. Regardless, I'll continue to follow Scallions career. I like his stuff

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby VigilantSteve » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:23 pm

Devil Inside You wrote:Dude!!!! Brett's out of Fuel again! He just announced that he's been kicked out of Fuel on his Facebook page.

Well that sucks! Especially since I was supposed to see them back in April (obviously postponed due to COVID and I'm assuming completely cancelled at this point).

Devil Inside You
TABN.com Citizen

Postby Devil Inside You » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:01 pm

God, I wish I knew where all those Fuel fans went. They used to have a very dedicated fanbase similar to Creed's. There's a lot of gaps I don't know how to fill with this band. As I understand it, Brett quit Fuel against Carl's wishes. Carl hires Toryn Green which essentially kills the band, and then Brett gets the rights to the name while Carl gets the royalties from his work. However, APPARENTLY, a lawsuit was involved at one point which they've kept under wraps which is how Brett got the Fuel name. I'm assuming that same lawsuit is the reason Brett isn't in Fuel now though. However, unless Carl is gonna get a new singer I don't see the point of them just killing the band like this. I wasn't crazy about Puppet Strings but I imagine Fuel was Brett's bread and butter. Seems like a real petty move to oust him like that.

Eerily enough this was released the day of Brett's announcement. Maybe this is Carl's second chance of getting a Chris Daughtry type for Fuel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxNBHg42JRc

nagpo
On The Rail

Postby nagpo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:59 pm

I liked both Toryn and bells record and i liked puppet strings. But to be honest, at this point, I don't want fuel at all without both bell and scallions and it will never happen. A bell run fuel, judging off his solo works, would not be something im interested in. I don't want a new singer. Just let it be. To be honest it sounds like Carl is a scummy guy.

Devil Inside You
TABN.com Citizen

Postby Devil Inside You » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:47 am

nagpo wrote:I liked both Toryn and bells record and i liked puppet strings. But to be honest, at this point, I don't want fuel at all without both bell and scallions and it will never happen. A bell run fuel, judging off his solo works, would not be something im interested in. I don't want a new singer. Just let it be. To be honest it sounds like Carl is a scummy guy.

I was actually about to say I hope this doesn't mean Toryn is coming back. Haha, I'm sure he's a nice guy but I've always hated his voice. To me its what rock music must sound like to people who hate rock. Carl Bell's solo album was a passion country project. I think the first four Fuel albums prove he really is Fuel's sound, but he needs the right singer to interpret his work. I've heard here and there that he's really controlling but its mainly hearsay. I remember on Carl's personal page, a bunch of fans were accusing Brett of stealing the name and capitalizing on Carl's writing. I don't stand one way or another, its just like the Tremonti vs. Stapp camp. So long as they're not being monsters, I'll always look at them as artists before people.

nagpo
On The Rail

Postby nagpo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:14 pm

The great thing about the stapp and tremonti thing is that neither of them continued as creed after they broke up.

Devil Inside You
TABN.com Citizen

Postby Devil Inside You » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:40 pm

nagpo wrote:The great thing about the stapp and tremonti thing is that neither of them continued as creed after they broke up.

That's true. Both seem to have a mutual respect for Creed in that regard. I know some people like to complain about Stapp playing Creed with his solo band, but that's miles away from appropriating the Creed name without Mark. As for Mark, he's never even tapped into Creed's sound since One Day Remains. Its given Creed a purity in some way

Return to “Other Bands/Music”