The Official STONE SOUR Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Macca
Greg

Re: The Official STONE SOUR Thread

Post by Macca »

I just hate that Roadrunner are such money grabbing kunts and insisted on a separate release for part 2. Fuck Roadrunner. They're a shadow of the label they used to be.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Really digging this one. Very dark, very cohesive. Definitely picking it up, and I'm looking forward to Part 2.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

I'll wait til Monday to hear this bad boy. I actually forgot it was coming out this week so I swiftly ordered it from Amazon

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Be curious to hear your thoughts on it Macca. I like the album overall, but there really is a void having to wait on Part 2. This definitely isn't the album to listen to for singles though. The songs tie together fairly cohesively without becoming a progressive concept album. Just felt like all the tracks fit together really well. Can't wait to hear both parts together like they're meant to be heard.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

I didn't know it was the label that was behind it being released one part at a time, I just thought that was the way they wanted to do it. I just hope there are not too many delays in part 2's release and we at least get it before next summer.

Edit: Although the short run time and abrupt ending leaves me eager for Part 2, the album is great, it could easily be my favourite Stone Sour album and album of the year. I like basically every song on Audio Secrecy and I don't have any problem with how mellow or melodic it is, and Come What(ever) May has a few of their very best songs like Zzyzx Rd., Through Glass, 30/30-150, but this album as a whole just feels much more involved and intense to listen to.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Was a fan of the last album so I'll be checking this out tonight. I can already say 'Absolute Zero' is a boss track though.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

My copy didn't arrive today. Fuck Royal Mail.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

I heard Corey make references to The Wall with the new album and I can definitely hear that in this. The way every track bleeds into the other really makes for a great album listening experience. I think that's especially cool in a day and age where a lot more emphasis in the music industry is put on singles as opposed to full cohesive albums. And there really doesn't seem to be a lot of padding or filler on this. Solid record.
Hightlights on the first listen are 'Absolutely Zero', 'Tired' and 'Influence Of A Drowsy God'

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Macca wrote:My copy didn't arrive today. Fuck Royal Mail.
And I thought it was just me.
NytestrykerZ wrote: Hightlights on the first listen are 'Absolutely Zero', 'Tired' and 'Influence Of A Drowsy God'
:rockon Good picks, those are probably my top picks as well (although other songs could grow on me and overtake them).
NytestrykerZ wrote:And there really doesn't seem to be a lot of padding or filler on this. Solid record.
I think this is one of the best things about it. The closest thing to a song that doesn't stand out so far, for me, is My Name Is Allen, but when I listen to the full album it feels like a really important point, and there isn't really anything wrong with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

It's a very decent record, good balance between heavy and soft stuff, the best tracks are Gone Sovereign, Absolute Zero, Tired and RU 486.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

My favorites would probably have to be:

Tired
Absolute Zero
Taciturn

After giving the album a few listens, I can say this is probably my favorite Stone Sour record so far. Has some of the aggression of their earlier music with the catchiness of the Audio Secrecy tracks. Really good blend imo.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Album is good. I'm not sure I'd rate it above Come What(ever) May or Audio Secrecy though. It does kinda feel like the second half is sorely missing. A simultaneous release really would've been better. Best songs are Tired, Taciturn, Drowsy God, Travellers 2. Yeah.

That said, I do enjoy it and am interested to hear part 2. Playing both parts back to back will probably make for a much better listening experience.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Gallows Humor - Bonus track off of HOGAB, sounds pretty good.

EDIT: Can someone help me with lyrics?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/njTtIYw5GtU[/youtube]

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

Got Stone Sour's House Of Gold & Bones Part 1 as a Christmas present, it's occupied my cd player since Christmas Day :rockon , the album as a whole is amazing, the way the songs just bleed into one another makes the album better, my favourite tracks would have to be Absolute Zero, Gone Sovereign, RU486, & Taciturn. Definitely psyched for Part 2 to be released in April 2013. Corey Taylor is also supposed to be working on a 4 part comic book based on the 2 albums

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

I've recently realised how little I've listened to this album. There's something about it that I just can't get into. I think it's because there's 2 consecutive tracks in the middle that I don't care for, so it drags a bit.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know where to put this, but here's what Corey Taylor is doing for the Sound City Studios album that Dave Grohl is creating. Deep stuff.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/d2GCp8vs168[/youtube]

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Fucking love that track. Everything that`s coming out of Sound City sounds and looks amazing. Maybe we should have a thread specifically for it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ All right, do you want to create it or should I or anyone else? I'm just trying to see if anyone wants that thread or not.

Decay

Post by Decay »

They just released a lyric video for their new single ''Do Me A Favor''. My first impression was... The song's okay. I'm sure it'll grow on me. HOGAB Part 1 was awesome. I expect nothing less from Part 2.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/OU-N6J8U6iE[/youtube]

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's a pretty good song. Nothing too special imo, but I really liked the throwback to Rumor of Skin at the end of the song.