Nickelback

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Marcos
Achilles

Nickelback

Post by Marcos »

Just found out we don't have a thread about them.

I used to be a big fan back in the Silver Tide Up-Long Road-All The Right Reasons era, though Photograph is one of the worst single choices ever...

Anyway I lost track of them after that. I was wondering why they're so hated nowadays... Did I miss anything? Or is it because they became extremely successful just like Creed?

AB23
Still Remains

Re: Nickelback

Post by AB23 »

The music isnt good. The quality of the lyrics arent good. Its just not good altogether. They are a prime example of a band that writes songs just to have it played on the radio. The lyrical content makes me wanna pull my hair out. Its like nails on chalkboard to me

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm going to go ahead and paraphrase on Mark on this one.

"Hey, I respect every band out there touring arenas, if they are doing something right. It may might not be the band that I go and buy CDs of, but you got to respect what they accomplish."

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

safe, generic, and no substance.
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I didn't mind their first few albums. Haven't liked them too much for a number of years now though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I find the hate absolutely ridiculous.. I like some of their older song, don't really care about their newer stuff. But god, it's so cool to hate Nickelback. If there's one thing I appreciate about this band is the way they deal with all this hate. They're a bunch of cool dudes.
And ironically, yes.. All this hate helps them selling out arenas.

"The only thing more boring, predictable, and middle of the road than Nickelback is making jokes about how boring, predictable, and middle of the road Nickelback is"
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I love a few of their songs (Leader Of Men, Too Bad, ect) but for the most part they are bland and uninteresting for me.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Their first two albums are great. Curb is awesome, anyone who strongly dislikes Nickelback should listen to some of Curb, as it's a completely different side to Nickelback not many would have heard. They've even got their fair share of decent songs on their latter albums. Although I'll never listen to their last 3 albums in their entirety. In some ways, they deserve the hate, any band that writes crap like Someday, Lullaby, Photograph, etc, deserves some hate, but they've also got some great songs which many people won't appreciate or listen to due to their preconceptions.

Although I gotta say Dark Horse is probably the worst album I own.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Photograph is actually pretty good. Dark Horse is not THAT BAD as well. Some songs are cool. But, yeah, their songwriting style is massively cliche, repetative and boring, it's pretty much the same concept used 45215236 times.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Found this hilarious. MK/MT interview where they name bands & ask them to choose... love it or leave it.

http://youtu.be/yDLQSmnXxnY?t=5m49s

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

I love their stuff from the beginning.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

Decay

Post by Decay »

I love Nickelback.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

My thoughts.. tight band, great vocals & harmonies.. but some of the worst lyrics ever written. Second to Halestorm.

Daniel
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Daniel »

Nickelback are a tight band capable of making pretty good hard rock if they choose to. But there new stuff is really boring me except for the few rockers they actually have on their albums

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The Long Road has a great guitar tone.
For me, Nickelback is pretty much the new Creed, or at least they were. They were extremely popular, but they were also hated at the same time.
Check out this funny video if you haven't :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6r0IomSrpI

Decay

Post by Decay »

chtimixeur wrote:The Long Road has a great guitar tone.
For me, Nickelback is pretty much the new Creed, or at least they were. They were extremely popular, but they were also hated at the same time.
Check out this funny video if you haven't :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6r0IomSrpI
I lol'd so hard when I first watched this. I still do :lol

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah, I actually like most of The Long Road. Although Someday is basically How you remind me all over again. I like the rest of it though.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I've been a fan since I was about 9. So a good 12 years at least. I LOVE their older stuff but I do enjoy their newer stuff as well. I liked Here And Now more than Dark Horse. All The Right Reasons really cemented my love for them. I think Leader Of Men is my favourite song by them ever. Something about it.

Fucking awesome band to see live. Saw them in November last year and it was bad ass. I love Chad.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Merinda wrote:I've been a fan since I was about 9. So a good 12 years at least. I LOVE their older stuff but I do enjoy their newer stuff as well. I liked Here And Now more than Dark Horse. All The Right Reasons really cemented my love for them. I think Leader Of Men is my favourite song by them ever. Something about it.

Fucking awesome band to see live. Saw them in November last year and it was bad ass. I love Chad.
Yes.
Thanks Timo!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

They're one of those bands that bore the hell out of you once you reach a certain age. At least it was like that with me. Never really liked them or listened to them a lot though, and now can't stand them.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ