Nickelback

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: Nickelback

Post by austinjhnsn »

Live At Home is one of the best live DVD's I've watched, so much nostalgia. That was their prime, IMO.
Thanks Timo!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

One Drew Remains wrote: And it's all about magic mushrooms.

Go easy bud, this thread might first get locked and then deleted for that. Not a free world you know. :shifty

Jim Is A Pussy.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

:facepalm
Thanks Timo!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Chad looked older than he does now in 2001

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

So do I. :P
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

They don't deserve the hate they get at all, and I think they've mastered hit songwriting in the Post Grunge genre. I like more than a handful of Nickelback songs.

With that said, I always hated that people put them alongside Creed. Even at their best I don't think Nickelback has written a song as thought provoking as some random Creed song like Say I or Young Grow Old.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Nickelback from 1996-2003 was untouchable. Fantastic riffs and lyrics, good old fashioned rock music!

2005... All The Right Reasons... Great album with WAY too many singles. I believe 8 of the 11 tracks were released to radio in select regions... After that, they got more poppy with every record UNTIL Feed The Machine. 2017 was a damn good return to form!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I love Nickelback!

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Rumor has it they're putting out new music next month. Its been 5 years since the last one.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Devil Inside You wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:51 pm Rumor has it they're putting out new music next month. Its been 5 years since the last one.
I can’t wait. I Love Nickelback! ❤️

Devil Inside You
Isolated

MaraCarr wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:06 pm
Devil Inside You wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:51 pm Rumor has it they're putting out new music next month. Its been 5 years since the last one.
I can’t wait. I Love Nickelback! ❤️
I wonder what they're gonna try for their 10th album. People aren't dicks about liking a certain band anymore and they still have a pretty established fanbase. I wonder if they're gonna try and cash in on that Imagine Dragons sound and stay modern or write something they're really passionate about. It'd be sweet if Devin Townsend played/wrote on a song or two.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I just want a live tour. They had a great tour in the summer planned out with Switchfoot and STP and I was going to see them in Irvine in my favorite outdoor venue and the pandemic obviously ruined that and they still haven't rescheduled since.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:20 pm I just want a live tour. They had a great tour in the summer planned out with Switchfoot and STP and I was going to see them in Irvine in my favorite outdoor venue and the pandemic obviously ruined that and they still haven't rescheduled since.
I am with you on that! i just want a live tour of all the best songs! I will be right there up front! :cloud9

Now I have to watch Spiderman. :)

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Breathe by Nickelback is a good song.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Breathe by Nickelback is a good song.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

They have great songs sprinkled throughout their discography but I don't like an album in full by them. I've listened to Dark Horse on and the closest they've come to a record I mostly like is Dark Horse

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Hiding From The Light Of Day...

Rumored single and/or album title!

Devil Inside You
Isolated

New album is called Get Rollin (Limp Bizkit anyone?). Comes out November. 11 songs and really tacky album cover. Looks like a Sublime album.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

This looks like one of these covers that would have been more beneficial to them if the album was released during the summer.

I'm not expecting much from them. Certainly don't think they will approach it like they did Feed the Machine. Just give us a few quality songs that will turned out well, live, and just give me a live tour already.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Its weird too cause Devin Townsend said their music is completely seasonal. The songwriters apparently know what genres will do well during certain points of the year and Nickelback always aims for that. Maybe they're finally branching out? Even so that album cover screams Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth and Sublime with Rome. Yikes

Everytime Nickelback does something it makes me wish Creed was still a band. I hate that they're compared but both bands were the kings of Post Grunge