The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Postby Andy92 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Us & Them is my favorite album of theirs, but to me when I think of the modern rock sound of today, their Sound of Madness album totally nails it. It's more polished than their first two albums, but the heavy songs rip and the ballads are top notch. Love their first two albums for the more soulful, gritty feel.

Amaryllis and Threat To Survival are the big drop-offs...I won't knock Sound of Madness just because it has slicker production.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby cheesedip1 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:48 am

Speaking of me liking a bands first album better than their newest, I cant say that yet for Soundgarden.

I like some of the older Soundgarden stuff but some of their King Animal stuff I also really liked. Toss up.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Postby anguyen92 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Well, Shinedown released their Attention Attention album today and quite frankly, I hate it. I can't even remember one song from that album on first listen that I like and, quite frankly, I'm in no rush to relisten to it again. I think I have accept the fact that the Shinedown that created three great albums and one good album (I like Amyarills, except for Bully and I'm Not Alright) is long long gone. Big ups to those people that like the new direction that Shinedown are heading towards, it's just not for me, but that's fine.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Postby Andy92 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:14 pm

I actually liked it more than Threat to Survival. It’s not as good as their first 3 (and probably first 4) albums, but it’s better than the previous one I think.

FlyingMonkey97
Brand New Start

Postby FlyingMonkey97 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:49 am

PRS10Top wrote:Love Shinedown. The new album took a while to grow on me, too. But once it did, I very much enjoy it in it's own light.

I saw them live w/Breaking Benjamin and Sevendust. It was a phenomenal show. I wasn't super close to the stage, but Brent didn't appear to be lip synching and he even varied some vocals from the album. It seemed genuine.

The guitar, on the other hand, seemed canned. Zach is a great guitar player and I'm sure he played all riffs and solos....at one point. I'm just not sure he played them for real in front of me. There were too many clean/dirty changes and effects changes that just seemed effortless. Who knows, maybe somebody backstage is running his pedalboard and it all is genuine? I can't say for sure.

From a pure entertainment perspective, however, the show was unreal. Best pyrotechnics I've seen and the energy is insane.

For the guitars, it’s possible it’s all programmed ahead of time. I know Periphery does that, they put all the effects and tone changes into protools or something and just let it run while they play.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Postby Andy92 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Black Soul is a darn good song.

Return to “Other Bands/Music”