The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Black Cadillac is god-awful. The shitty lyrics, the boring music, the autotune... no thanks.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Black Cadillac is horrendous.
Thanks Andy!

endofsilence93
Bought The CDs

Post by endofsilence93 »

At the first listen I was having a hard time trying to digest this. It just isn't good. I don't even expect the album to be any better sadly.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Not blown away by it but I like this one better than Cut The Cord. Shame about the production though.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think it sounds different for them. Not my favorite song, but I say kudos for trying to be unique.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Meh. not impressed.
Thanks Timo!

cesargil
Brand New Start

Post by cesargil »

I'm really sad about the way Shinedown went after Jasin Todd left the band. This new album is going to be worse than the last one. Effects and more effects. There is guitar in Black Cadillac? It's disgusting! :facepalm

It's not rock music at all. I liked Cut the Cord a little bit, but this new song is not good. Just Brent and Barry still can show us something. Zach is ridiculous. He is not a good guitar player. Shinedown is a family and will not try a new guitar, and it's really sad for a band who has a singer like Brent Smith. :mope

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/n5TtDzRKQFI[/youtube]

This band is officially dead.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I actually really dig State of My Head. Doesn't sound like Shinedown to me but I dig the song nonetheless
Thanks Andy!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I liked the first 7 seconds.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Whelp, my worst fear has been realized. I got to replace another band in my fave five. I get the whole process of bands not wanting to make the same album twice, to force themselves to be more creative, and yadda, yadda, yadda. However, holy crap, from what I hear so far, there is hardly anything likable in these songs or anything retainable, even from the post-Sound of Madness period, from Shinedown that I've become accustomed to.

If people want AB's 5th album to be really going to be different and unique from the other four albums, I sure hope it does not sound anything like the songs Shinedown has been showing, thus far.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It's always funny when commercial rock bands go even more commercial. The reactions of the fans can be quite entertaining.
If people want AB's 5th album to be really going to be different and unique from the other four albums, I sure hope it does not sound anything like the songs Shinedown has been showing, thus far.
I don't think we've got anything to worry about.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Good. Maybe, it's me growing up and discovering all kinds of music, but perhaps I'm getting a lot fatigued of seeing bands that I use to love not delivering current music that I can enjoy. I just don't want that to happen with Shinedown, but I guess it may already happen.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's a song that I might enjoy more if it wasn't from Shinedown...it just doesn't sound anything like them. But it's a decent pop song.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

AB try to be more ambitious whereas these guys are going hardcore commercial with this song sounding like the shittest pop you always hear on the radio. I can't believe how they could go from cool rock/metal with balls on Leave a Whisper to this kind of crap. To each their own, but this is a wrong kind of evolution, I guess.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dolo wrote:AB try to be more ambitious whereas these guys are going hardcore commercial with this song sounding like the shittest pop you always hear on the radio. I can't believe how they could go from cool rock/metal with balls on Leave a Whisper to this kind of crap. To each their own, but this is a wrong kind of evolution, I guess.
It's just the oddest things. I mean if you compare Shinedown's Leave a Whisper and Us and Them with AB's ODR and Blackbird, style-wise, there was not that much of a difference between them. Around both bands' 3rd albums, onwards, is when things started becoming a huge difference, given both bands' circumstances (half of Shinedown left and was replaced, Creed reforming, Myles working with Slash) around those times, and they really want to make their albums stand out in some forms compared to the earlier eras (AB becoming more ambitious, Shinedown wanting to become more commercial rock, which is not that bad given how good the main songs on the Sound of Madness was).

It's just mind-boggling on how huge the difference between Amaryllis and Fortress was compared to how different Leave a Whisper and One Day Remains was.

I just hope that there are some songs on Threat to Survival that can, at least, have something that can resemble the great parts of Sound of Madness/Amaryllis while showcasing a solid growth of the band.

endofsilence93
Bought The CDs

Post by endofsilence93 »

I agree with the statement about the band being dead. I don't have a problem with bands evolving and whatnot but this is just a terrible one. In my perspective it is and of course people will see no problem in it. I for one have not been satisfied with any of the 3 songs we have heard. I'm still keeping an open mind on the rest of the album but definitely don't have high expectations.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

It sounds like crappy pop music, but it isn't even catchy.... Definitely don't get this new direction. Shinedown is a modern take on Nickelback. Shame.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

A few more listens... I don't hate it. If i compare it to the first two flawless records, its horrendous. When I take it as an interesting spin on pop music, its digestible.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:A few more listens... I don't hate it. If i compare it to the first two flawless records, its horrendous. When I take it as an interesting spin on pop music, its digestible.
That's pretty much my opinion on it. If I compare this new stuff to old Shinedown, I think it's pretty bad. But the songs are decent if I look at them at face value.